LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2007, 09:57 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckerpreacher
Hey DD
As a former driver I also enjoy tyour post. You have had some great adventures in such a short time of driving. Sounds like Davis is an alright company. Be safe, looking forward to more through your writings.
Thanks, glad you are enjoying it. I can not compair Davis to any other company as it is my first one, but so far I am happy with them.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:00 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelhauler2007
Bad news DD, the honey do lists never gets any shorter.So your getting withdrawals already.That happens. Maybe eventually your wife can go with you.Mine does on occasion.Particularly during the fall to see the trees changing colors.Hope you had a great time off.
Unfortunately you're right....but I am always in denial as I WANT to believe the list will get shorter :lol: Yes I am going through some OTR withdrawls :lol: :lol: My wife says she wants to come out with me at some point, but when is anyones guess. :roll:
Old 09-09-2007, 05:12 AM
Board Regular

I heard about the roll over from the loader last night. He told me it was recent. This morning I called in and spoke with the Dispatcher who asked if I had looked at the container? She said that it was at the yard where I loaded. I told her no and then she reminded me to take it slow.

Did you hear where this took place or if the driver is okay?

I went down "Cabbage" today nice and slow 35mph. I came around the second to last curve and found an Interstate truck doing maybe 5mph, half on the shoulder and half in the lane... about 100yards past him was a grain truck doing about 10mph. I got to the bottom and past the indian truck stop when I heard on the CB that both the trucks had smoked there brakes. Maybe they should use the jake? :?

Im in Ellensburgh, WA. I put on 533 with no problems. The truck is still losing oil but did not overheat today. Before I went down Cabbage I stopped at the brake inspection area. While checking the front brakes I saw all kinds of fluid on the axle and cross member so i still know I'm marking my territory. I'm glad my Harley doesn't leak! :shock:

I'm suppose to drop at T5 in Seattle on monday but I'm going to call and see if they are there sunday. Maybe I can drop on Sunday and beat the traffic for the Seahawks game.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:22 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewercs2
I heard about the roll over from the loader last night. He told me it was recent. This morning I called in and spoke with the Dispatcher who asked if I had looked at the container? She said that it was at the yard where I loaded. I told her no and then she reminded me to take it slow.

Did you hear where this took place or if the driver is okay?

I went down "Cabbage" today nice and slow 35mph. I came around the second to last curve and found an Interstate truck doing maybe 5mph, half on the shoulder and half in the lane... about 100yards past him was a grain truck doing about 10mph. I got to the bottom and past the indian truck stop when I heard on the CB that both the trucks had smoked there brakes. Maybe they should use the jake? :?

Im in Ellensburgh, WA. I put on 533 with no problems. The truck is still losing oil but did not overheat today. Before I went down Cabbage I stopped at the brake inspection area. While checking the front brakes I saw all kinds of fluid on the axle and cross member so i still know I'm marking my territory. I'm glad my Harley doesn't leak! :shock:

I'm suppose to drop at T5 in Seattle on monday but I'm going to call and see if they are there sunday. Maybe I can drop on Sunday and beat the traffic for the Seahawks game.
I do not know which curve the roll over happened on, but no one was injuried. Sounds like things are going good for you (except the truck wanting to mark it's territory). I am on my last day of home time and other than one minor project, I plan to be a couch potato and watch football all day Take care and be safe out there, see ya' soon.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:35 PM
Senior Board Member

09/05-10/07
I got a TON of stuff done during this home time visit. I was finally able to “outfit” my truck with all the things I need while on the road like my ladder, cooler, tools, clothes, etc. For the past several weeks, I have been trying to survive on what little I had originally brought with me to orientation. There have been a couple of times I was forced to spend the outrageous prices on the road for miscellaneous odds and ends. I even had time to build me a small shelf at the foot of my bunk to hold my microwave, coffee pot, and DVD player.

Other than all that, I was finally able to take care of some important issues concerning my retirement from the Navy. One of them was getting new ID cards for me and the family. I am now a “Blue Card” holder (Those of you with military background know what I mean). I have also been waiting on a reimbursement payment for a move I made from Great Lakes, Illinois to San Antonio, Texas back in May. When I called to check the status, they tell me that they cut the check in July. I told them I never received it. So more paperwork and hopefully within a reasonable time I will receive the payment, a rather sizable one at that! Got our retired medical insurance updated as well. All of these things would have been difficult and in some cases (ID cards) impossible to do on the road. So it feels good to finally have it all done and behind me. All I am awaiting now is for the VA to give me my disability rating, if anything.

Although it is never ending, I managed to knock out a good chunk on my “Honey-Do” list. And of course it goes without saying that it has been nothing less than a joy to be home with the family spending some quality time.

I have enjoyed all this time at home with the family and getting some business taken care of, but I know I can not make any money if those wheels are not turning.

It’s Monday morning and I called in and but myself back “In-Service”. I am currently awaiting a load assignment and was told to call back in a couple of hours. Hopefully when I do there will be something good to get me rolling again.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:45 PM

devildice, welcome to the "Blue Card" holder club. Now you can clog up the lines at the commissary and exchange with the rest of us old folks.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:53 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach
devildice, welcome to the "Blue Card" holder club. Now you can clog up the lines at the commissary and exchange with the rest of us old folks.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: yeah thanks Coach, guess i'll see you at the BACK of all the lines now.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:59 AM
Board Regular

Hey Greg, you rollin yet?

I dropped in Seattle at the terminal called in empty and was given a p/up in Everette, WA. I was loaded with lumber bound for North Carolina. 2800 miles!
When I was loaded I figured I better check the weight so I came to Donna's Truck Stop. in Marysville. Real nice place and the amenities are so nice! :roll:
Any way, My weight is 75540. I have 34100 on my trailer axles but I'm going to leave it alone and not slide. I slid my 5th about 3 or 4 notches a few weeks ago and never moved it back. Maybe that's why my ride is a little rough...
On my way out to Washington I was past by a white KW with Davis on the door, he wavied and kept on going. I didn't dare try to catch up with the container on the trailer and I was talking with my son about high school sports, so no chance to chat on the CB.
Earlier I saw a Davis truck like ours parked here in the same row as me. I haven't seen anyone in it yet though... I spoke to our truck boss and was told that it belongs to an owner-op.
Well, I leave for Missoula with my load around 4am tuesday so I can try and beat the WA morning traffic. I'm hoping to get in before 3pm so I can drop off 2 trip packs to payroll. It would be nice to get a paycheck this friday. I just have to remember we can't drive more then 11 hrs straight...
Hmmmm.... I wonder if they would just give me a new KW condo and send me on my way? Now that would be real nice! It would be a headache having to clean up the interior so only my germs are in it..lol...

hopefully your rollin tonight.....I gotta get to sleep......

PS... Hmmmmm.... I wonder if I can see the infamous mile marker with a bag of chocolate chip cookies hanging from it.....from GFIW...lol...

See ya when I see ya....

pb
Old 09-11-2007, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: yeah thanks Coach, guess i'll see you at the BACK of all the lines now.
You got that right. Life certainly changes after we take off the anchors.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:29 PM
Board Regular

To let everyone know, I made it to Sage in Coeur d'Alene on Monday. Officially school starts today for me, but I got there early yesterday and Kelly, the Admin, stuck me in a class right away on trip planning. I thought this will be easy, but it was not as I was an hour behind the other students and the problem was to trip plan a 3 load, 9 day trip which bumps up against the 70 hour rule. I did finish the problem, but it was a real challenge.

After class that evening I had to take a require drug test for the school at a local clinic. I get to the clinic "ready to go" :roll: and was told "you may have to wait awhile as we are busy and understaffed" :shock: . Of course, if I can't wait and then can't produce a sample later, it would be failure(or so I am told)! So, I sit down wondering how long I can hold my precious sample! :x Needless to say, I only had to wait 10 minutes, get called in, and get out of there in another 20 minutes. That was a relief, really!!

I thought I was going to here in CDA until Sept 21 for my refresher course, but I may finish up by the 19 Sept. This is a problem because I suppose to report to Davis Transport in Missoula on October 1. If I had known that I would have been finishing early, I would have ask for a week earlier. Now, I will have some extra days up here to find something to do. That is not to bad, but I don't want to many days to pass from my behind the wheel training to first road test Davis will be giving me. I will have to see what I can work out.

Okay, DD, I hijacked your thread, but I thought it would be a good place for all who care to know what's up with me. Got a class to get to this morning, so I give you the thread back.

Oh, I see that dewercs2 maybe coming thru the area today. Would be nice to meet him, but I guess his priority is to get to Missoula with his sick truck. BOL to him.

Got to go.