User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2007, 10:33 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman
Congratulations on getting your CDL devildice. Your "blog" "journal" or whatever you wish to call it, is an exellent "insiders" veiw of your experiance at Sage. I am also considering Sage for my training, sometime next year, after a move to NW Pennsylvania. I see they have 4 locations in the SE part of the state. A ways from where i'm moving to, but one location N of Philly, is about a 45 min. ride from my parents home. I could stay there during my training :wink: There is one thing that i'm not sure you mentioned or not...forgive me if you did...but if you don't mind me asking, how much is the tuition for the 4 weeks? Now relax and enjoy a week off before you begin your oreintation and OTR training at Davis...you deserve it. Thanks...Dave
Thanks Dave, I appreceiate you congrats. As for Sage, IMO they are nothing less than a top notch school. I will always reccomend them to anyone considering CDL school. The cost was a little pricey at $3995.00 plus the DOT physical & Drug Screening. But again, IMO it was well worth every penny. Good luck.
Old 07-01-2007, 11:23 PM
Senior Board Member

Congrats!! arty: :rock: arty:

Now come the next test you will face....getting along with your trainer at Davis Transport. Hope you get a good one.

After that, it's the wide open road......

Have a blast, and let us know what happens.

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'

Old 07-01-2007, 11:40 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cluggy619
Congrats!! arty: :rock: arty:

Now come the next test you will face....getting along with your trainer at Davis Transport. Hope you get a good one.

After that, it's the wide open road......

Have a blast, and let us know what happens.
thanks Cluggy.......I have spoken with my trainer a couple of times over the past month or so and he appears to be a really nice guy. A little older than me and he is about to become a 3 million miler. He's been in the industry around 30 years and with Davis for the past 15. I couldn't have hoped for a better type of person to learn from. I intend to be a sponge and learn as much as I possibly can from him. Lets just hope we can get along!
Old 07-03-2007, 02:35 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygreeneyd
Awsome thread Devildice :wink: . I myself have been on my own now for about 6 months and let me just say that for you the best is yet to come. Just try to enjoy yourself and soak up as much as you can.

BOL
Thanks!!!!
Old 07-04-2007, 06:53 PM

Congratulations, man! Welcome to your 2nd phase of training. It's really a good feeling when you've gone through the school portion of your training and then pass your tests at the DMV. I'm currently going in to my 4th week of on the road training with my mentor. 2 more weeks to go and then I'll be turned loose to be on my own with my own truck.

Good luck, have fun, and be safe with your next phase of training.

Old 07-04-2007, 10:09 PM

I have really enjoyed reading this thread!!!!

Congrats Devil Dice!!!
Old 07-04-2007, 11:43 PM
Senior Board Member

Thanks carlos64030, KATMANN, and everyone else....I truly appreciate all your kind words and encouragement. I am looking forward to moving onto the next phase. I have just 4 more days of rest and relaxation and then it's off to Missoula. I will continue this thread as I journey through orientation & training.

HAPPY 4th of July EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock: For all my brothers and sisters that are deployed or assigned around the globe I THANK YOU for your service!
Old 07-08-2007, 03:36 AM
Senior Board Member

Preparing to Depart for Training & Orientation
Well my "rest & relaxation" week, (if you want to call it that :roll: ) is coming to an end. I will be flying out to Missoula, Montana tomorrow and will be starting orientaion and training with Davis Transport Monday morning. This will be what I like to call Phase II of my learning (Phase I was CDL School) and I am excited to get started.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:20 PM
Senior Board Member

07/08/07 Arrived in Missoula
After 7 hours of traveling (by air) I finally made it to Missoula, Montana from San Antonio, Texas. Other than the typical headaches that come with traveling, the trip was pretty much uneventful except one little thing.

I was directed to call the hotel when I arrived at the Missoula Airport so that they could send a shuttle to pick me up. So I call after getting my bag and the lady tells me their shuttle will pick me up outside baggage claim in 5 minutes. Some 25 minutes later I call back to ask where the shuttle is, the lady apologizes and says that her manager has the van and someone will be there within the next 10 minutes. After another 30 minutes, the shuttle finally shows up. Let’s just say that after 7 hours of traveling, and now waiting for almost an hour for the van, I was not the happiest of campers around. But oh well, guess that’s the way things work from time to time, besides, it could have been a lot worse if I had to travel by bus. Maybe I am just acting a little spoiled….LOL

So I get to the Day’s Inn and it’s not too bad. Nothing special but not a roach motel either….. And, at least I have my own room. Tomorrow morning I am to be in the lobby by 7:30am for the shuttle to take me to Davis’s Office. Let’s hope they are on time this time.

Oh, one last thing…..after putting my things in my room, I went back out to the lobby to take advantage of the free coffee. While I was there, I seen a guy with a “Davis” hat on and so I asked if he worked for them. Long story short, he just finished up his training period and was heading to the terminal tomorrow to be assigned his truck. During our short conversation, it turns out that he too is from Texas, Corpus Christi to be exact…..and, he just retired from the Navy. Talk about a small world!!!!

SIDE NOTE: If there any Mods that are reading this, I would like to request the you move this thread to "Truck Driving Jobs - What about this trucking company?" as I think it would be better suited there as I plan to document my journey with Davis Transport. Thanks.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:19 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildice
07/08/07 Arrived in Missoula
After 7 hours of traveling (by air) I finally made it to Missoula, Montana from San Antonio, Texas. Other than the typical headaches that come with traveling, the trip was pretty much uneventful except one little thing.

I was directed to call the hotel when I arrived at the Missoula Airport so that they could send a shuttle to pick me up. So I call after getting my bag and the lady tells me their shuttle will pick me up outside baggage claim in 5 minutes. Some 25 minutes later I call back to ask where the shuttle is, the lady apologizes and says that her manager has the van and someone will be there within the next 10 minutes. After another 30 minutes, the shuttle finally shows up. Let’s just say that after 7 hours of traveling, and now waiting for almost an hour for the van, I was not the happiest of campers around. But oh well, guess that’s the way things work from time to time, besides, it could have been a lot worse if I had to travel by bus. Maybe I am just acting a little spoiled….LOL

So I get to the Day’s Inn and it’s not too bad. Nothing special but not a roach motel either….. And, at least I have my own room. Tomorrow morning I am to be in the lobby by 7:30am for the shuttle to take me to Davis’s Office. Let’s hope they are on time this time.
Hey, they were just welcoming you to the world of truck driving. :sad: You know the old military saying "Hurry up and wait!".

Anyhow, good to hear that you made it this far. Good luck in the future. I am really interested in your securement training and load issues.

Take care!