if no load by noon im d/h'n home'

just found out my granddad has been in the hositpol since sunday
Old 07-23-2008, 04:31 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Well I had a nice long story of my week... but It timed out and I lost it... Lets just say that it hasn't been the best.

I spent the night in a TA shop in New Braunfels, TX and then was towed to Converse, TX where I stayed in a hotel for 2 days... I'm now In Hammond, LA at a Petro trying to get this thing fixed.
So... A 05 frieghtliner builds pressure to 140psi then leaks out a hose down to about 115psi... then rebuilds again. Hmmm me thinks there's something wrong...
TA tried to fix by putting a heater hose on it which blew... then they ordered a part and it blew past the hose clamps and the last guy at the TA said there must be something blocking the air from going on.... They then sent me to the dealer who said the metal hose line was rusted and cleaned it off and reattached the rubber hose and clamped down the clamps tighter... told me it was ok that pressure build that high.
So off towards LA I go. About 1-2hrs from the dealer air starts to build/drop again
I call my DM who tells me that I've been moved to the CA regional board like I requested and good luck. I call my new DM and after a while told to DH over to Hammond, LA and get into the Petro there.
Petro says.... too much pressure build, lets replace the regulator. Guess what.... pressure now builds to 125-123psi but then drops to 110-115psi. Back under the hood with soap and water... yep leak at the fitting, need a fitting.... can't order until 8am come back in the morning.
So I'm in IdleAir tonight and will hit Petro in the AM to get the part ordered.
What a week.....
DD... I guess I was near your place... I was meaning to call but never got to it...
I did see a place east of the freightliner dealer in Converse, a guy that has some acreage who is renting spaces for trucks to park. It looked fenced in/gated.

PB

Arrow
Old 07-23-2008, 04:54 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewercs2
I did see a place east of the freightliner dealer in Converse, a guy that has some acreage who is renting spaces for trucks to park. It looked fenced in/gated.
that would work out great if it wasn't so far from my house :cry:
Old 07-23-2008, 04:56 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncrider1
if no load by noon im d/h'n home'

just found out my granddad has been in the hositpol since sunday
dang, sorry to hear that....hope h's ok
Old 07-24-2008, 03:23 PM

you rollin yet??

im way ahead of you on the can count!!!
Old 07-24-2008, 07:10 PM
Board Regular

While at Hammond, LA hey bypassed the air dryer since that was leaking. I don't remember if I mentioned it but the Qualcomm is out too.....

I was told to DH to Houston and arrived last night. I had to take the 610 north to the 24a exit. I tried to find a spot to sleep at the yard down the road but it was pretty tight with junk everywhere. I went back to the Loves and then to the Pilot an no luck. I drove back down this road and found a no name truck stop. I pulled in as I was getting ready to back a female walks up and ask to get in. Told her no and then she said she wanted to show me her (.)(.) for a dollar. I told her no and she left. I got backed in and called the wife. as I'm talking to her a knock on my door. This chick was 45-50 blk female with no teeth, She wanted to come in.. I said no again..... About 45 min's later I got another knock and I told her no thanks.... about 1am I got the last knock of the night and I didn't bother answering. This morning I had a female walk up to the door and she started to cross herself. I told her no thanks... She was kinda mad when she said I'm not out here selling myself I just need some money for gas.... I told her I was a poor truck driver.

Damn I thought it was in Ontario, CA.

So.... I'm at a Qualcomm repair place and they have free computer and tv for the customers. They said that my dome has gone down and they have to replace and then download new software.
Who knows when I will be out.....ughh........ no money being made here.

pb
Old 07-24-2008, 11:56 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
While at Hammond, LA hey bypassed the air dryer since that was leaking. I don't remember if I mentioned it but the Qualcomm is out too.....

I was told to DH to Houston and arrived last night. I had to take the 610 north to the 24a exit. I tried to find a spot to sleep at the yard down the road but it was pretty tight with junk everywhere. I went back to the Loves and then to the Pilot an no luck. I drove back down this road and found a no name truck stop. I pulled in as I was getting ready to back a female walks up and ask to get in. Told her no and then she said she wanted to show me her (.)(.) for a dollar. I told her no and she left. I got backed in and called the wife. as I'm talking to her a knock on my door. This chick was 45-50 blk female with no teeth, She wanted to come in.. I said no again..... About 45 min's later I got another knock and I told her no thanks.... about 1am I got the last knock of the night and I didn't bother answering. This morning I had a female walk up to the door and she started to cross herself. I told her no thanks... She was kinda mad when she said I'm not out here selling myself I just need some money for gas.... I told her I was a poor truck driver.

So.... I'm at a Qualcomm repair place and they have free computer and tv for the customers. They said that my dome has gone down and they have to replace and then download new software.

pb
Jist fer future knowledge....When you have to go to the Houston terminal for Arrow, and can't get a spot at Loves or Pilot....go to the Shell station located on Sheldon Road at US90, east of their terminal...about 2 miles I think..maybe 3. No Lizards out there, and if the lot is full(holds about 45 trucks), there is room for trucks on the deadend portion of the road, just south of the station entrance. Otherwise your better off staying at the Pilot, Valero, TA or J in Baytown.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:52 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncrider1
you rollin yet??

im way ahead of you on the can count!!!
that's ok, your light weight azz needs a head start becoz you know you can't keep up with the big dogs........LOL :lol:
Old 07-25-2008, 12:53 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:

pb
oh I feel your pain brother. i had to sit there one time for a few hours while waiting to load and in the mid morning I was bugged a half dozen times. At least in Ontario they don't come out until the sun sets......LOL
Old 08-01-2008, 02:54 AM

hey DD, if yer lookin for a fun drive

oh11s to e. liverpool, us30e to either pa 168s or pa 18 s

shaved about 20 miles, as for fuel i dont think i really saved any....but i had fun!!!

its all up, down and left or right....kinda like a salom for a big truck!!!!