Old 06-04-2007, 06:02 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by merrick4

Here's the article about the reefer situation in California http://www.landlinemag.com/Archives/...California.htm

Thanks again.

Thanks for posting the link. If owner operators and small fleets can't or don't want to pay for the retrofit, then they will simply need to stay out of California. I suppose California growers will need to find some other way to move their produce out of the state. Sometimes I think these so called elected officials should be required to have an intelligence test before they can run for office. We would probably have fewer elected officials. :lol:
Thanks for the info on the programs. You're right about the elected officials, you know there have been a few issues that I've been very aware of in my life and I watched how the politicians dealt with them and it really is amazing how sometimes these people pass laws without really knowing what they are doing. You would think at a certain level in society people know what they are doing. Even my short time in this industry and I can't figure out how they came up with HOS that penalizes you if you want to pull over and take a nap.

Again thanks for all your help.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:19 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

You are welcome, merrick. I found out something several years ago about politicians and bills. Most of them don't even take the time to read the bills they pass. They may have someone in their office to look it over, but I am not sure they even do that. Lawyers draft most of the bills politicians sign. The largest pool of attorneys in the U.S. is in Washington DC. I would say the next largest would be in any state capital. Special interest groups put these bills together, pass a few bucks on to their favorite politician and he signs the bill. He doesn't even know what he signed. If it is well received then he thinks of himself as a hero. If not, he was tricked into signing it.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:49 PM
Senior Board Member

I use MS word to creat sort of form letter type of invoice. Simple, cheap, fast and I've never had a question about them.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:50 PM
Senior Board Member

Hey Merric,
Can you keep me posted on the Florida base plate thing, I have my DOT, and now am being bombarded by companies like truck safe to help me finish my authority,...seems like a scam.
As far as base plates, I'm in St Pete, so a 6 hour round trip for me,...if I have to go to Tallahassee, it sure seems like a local DMV could do it,...but that shows how much I know.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:52 AM
Senior Board Member

merrick... I thought you only had a couple of questions??? :lol: just adding some humor here.. good luck on everything..
Old 06-08-2007, 11:56 PM
Rookie

Ya know, ya can get a temporary plate at certain local DMVs and then just mail in the application for the permanent ones.