User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2007, 04:50 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default DOT weekend

I have heard some rumors about a nationwide DOT crackdown weekend but I can't find any dates or information. Anyone know when it is planned to go down?
Old 06-01-2007, 05:37 PM
Rookie

supposed to start 6/5 at midnight 72 hour nationwide dot
Old 06-01-2007, 06:19 PM
Senior Board Member

Yea, that's what I heard. June 5th-7th
Old 06-02-2007, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidman82
Yea, that's what I heard. June 5th-7th
Looks like I'll be ahem *cough cough* sick for 73 hours and stay home. I heard the above dates as well.

Old 06-02-2007, 03:06 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by serbie
Looks like I'll be ahem *cough cough* sick for 73 hours and stay home. I heard the above dates as well.
I should've planned better so I could be home for this crap. Oh well.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:53 AM

I'm not sure why you guys are afraid to drive. I'll be out there and my truck is in order and so will my paperwork. You make it sound like they are going to inspect every truck and driver. That would jam up every single highway in less than 60 seconds.
Old 06-02-2007, 02:13 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBooth
I'm not sure why you guys are afraid to drive. I'll be out there and my truck is in order and so will my paperwork. You make it sound like they are going to inspect every truck and driver. That would jam up every single highway in less than 60 seconds.

I have to agree, if your logbook is correct and your truck is safe, you will be fine, so whats the problem? are you running illegal or driving an unsafe truck? in either case, you shouldnt be on the road. last year, I was hauling hazmat and I got inspected 3 times during that week, ( you dont get a sticker during this time. it was just a normal inspection, and I passed fine each time, I just cant see why some of you are so worried about it.
Old 06-02-2007, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredog
Quote:

I have to agree, if your logbook is correct and your truck is safe, you will be fine, so whats the problem? are you running illegal or driving an unsafe truck? in either case, you shouldnt be on the road. last year, I was hauling hazmat and I got inspected 3 times during that week, ( you dont get a sticker during this time. it was just a normal inspection, and I passed fine each time, I just cant see why some of you are so worried about it.
Its more of just a pain in the ass than anything. How long did each of those inspections take. Wouldn't you rather be sitting at the house than talking to a DOT inspector. I am sure they are great guys, but who the heck wants to sit there while they play inspector. My truck gets a clean bill of health each time it comes in every weekend. I am in on friday and out on monday morning. I dont need their help inspecting my truck. However, like you I haul hazmat and so I get the joy of having an inspection when they do a blitz. Our company had 186 inspections done last year during this blitz. We have 90 power units at that time. This year, the company is shutting down those three days. No need to work if all we are going to do that day is get inspected. They can come to the shop all the trucks will be there lined up ready to go. Oh and before I forget. We had 0 truck related violation and 1 driver related violation. (he forgot his health card).
Old 06-02-2007, 03:18 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumperS25
Quote:
Quote:

s

Its more of just a pain in the ass than anything. How long did each of those inspections take. Wouldn't you rather be sitting at the house than talking to a DOT inspector. I am sure they are great guys, but who the heck wants to sit there while they play inspector. My truck gets a clean bill of health each time it comes in every weekend. I am in on friday and out on monday morning. I dont need their help inspecting my truck. However, like you I haul hazmat and so I get the joy of having an inspection when they do a blitz. Our company had 186 inspections done last year during this blitz. We have 90 power units at that time. This year, the company is shutting down those three days. No need to work if all we are going to do that day is get inspected. They can come to the shop all the trucks will be there lined up ready to go. Oh and before I forget. We had 0 truck related violation and 1 driver related violation. (he forgot his health card).
they took about 20 minutes each..it didnt affect my paycheck, 20 minutes doesnt make a big difference in my day. I think a company shutting down during these days would look real suspicious, but thats just my opinion
Old 06-02-2007, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumperS25
Quote:
Quote:

s

they took about 20 minutes each..it didnt affect my paycheck, 20 minutes doesnt make a big difference in my day. I think a company shutting down during these days would look real suspicious, but thats just my opinion

Well in that case their are a bunch of suspicious companies out there. I aint gonna knock it. I need this week off anyway. I don't know what states you were in during last year. All my inspections took between 28-42 minutes. It greatly effected my paycheck. My reloads and Friday was shot. I want to get home on Friday afternoon not sit 100 miles away from the house because more than one inspection was needed on my truck.