User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2007, 09:21 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

And why it has to be O/O?
Besides the point, that it's very unrealistic plan, unless it's your close friend or relative.
You seems to be very observant, and that in my book means whiling to learn.
Just use the common sense rule, and that will tell you the difference from how it's done, to how it's suppose to be done.

Nobody ever teach me what to do, and all i know, I've learned just watching what other people do.
Some times i put it on "to do" list, sometimes to "not to do".
That simple! 8)
Old 06-07-2007, 04:29 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Does an O/O ever team with a trainee?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shebear
After a 4-week PTDIA school and a month's driving 48 states, I've still got so much to learn. I want to learn right.
Right now, I'm up in Montreal, Canada. I have a FAST EXPRESS CARD for border crossings. I'm a U.S. citizen.

I'm also a Canadian Permanent Resident.
Is your husband Canadian by any chance (I'm guessing that's why you're living in Canada)? If so, are you in a position to get dual citizenship? If you can get dual status, you will be in a very good position. You can legally interstate.

I would like to find a driver to cross into the US on Monday, interstate all week in NY, PA, CT and come back to Ontario on weekends. Don't think any of my drivers are up for the team idea though. Sorry.

Also, Markell may insure you for FREE as an occasional driver (depends on where you took your training).
Old 06-07-2007, 11:07 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I think some owner operators would be willing to train an inexperienced driver were it not for the insuarance. It is very difficult to find affordable insurance that will cover an inexperienced driver unless you have a lot of trucks.