User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2007, 05:20 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmon
I once had a quart of oil leak on my carpet in the car. I called Penzoil and they sent a guy to verify the carpet had oil on it. They paid me $800 for new carpet without any hassle. They didn't even want to keep the container to see why it leaked.

I asked the guy why they paid for the carpet and he said they want me to keep buying Penzoil. For some big companies it's worth it to keep a customer.
Yeah, it being John Deere, that kind of made me think there may be hope in just talking to them. Other than that, some of the advice about it being the cost of doing business and what not seems pretty sound.

Now, wait a minute, what's the good for nothing lazy az henchman doing? Tell him to break somebody's fingers or something.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:46 PM
Senior Board Member

I can’t see how it would be JD fault anyway?? I, myself have never seen a trailer floor break that wasn’t already weak to start with! You bought a used trailer and can’t expect every company you load at to be responsible for a weak floor! Not trying to start anything with you Pepe, but your floor was most likely weak to start with. JD will tell you to BLOW!!!
I do feel for you though, just starting out and all…
Old 05-29-2007, 08:33 PM
Board Regular

Pepe, I feel for you too. I think you could be paying for an education on this like ssoutlaw is saying. When you pay a mechanic to look at your equipment before you buy it, he goes over it and tells you what he thinks of everything, including the condition of your wood floor. What's the most he would charge? I believe having an entire new floor put in can run up to $8,000. Not saying anything at all about how well you are doing or anything. I'm sure you'll be good at this as you don't like to spend/waste money where you don't have to. But perhaps you are learning where you can't skimp.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:53 PM
Senior Board Member

If I was them and you played the lawyer act with me I would point out that it is the DRIVER'S responsibility to secure the load.

Then, depending on how nasty you got with me, I might call the broker and say your trailer damaged my tractor and Prime would not pay you for the load.

No, as mentioned I would be nice and ask them if they can help you out.

We had a forklift operator put a hole in our trailer deck one time and we were compensated BUT that was done BY THEM during loading.....not in transit. Big difference IMO. You sign the BOL, you own it.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:42 PM
Senior Board Member
Location: California...yup beautifull Hollywood just over the hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by rank
If I was them and you played the lawyer act with me I would point out that it is the DRIVER'S responsibility to secure the load.

Then, depending on how nasty you got with me, I might call the broker and say your trailer damaged my tractor and Prime would not pay you for the load.

No, as mentioned I would be nice and ask them if they can help you out.

We had a forklift operator put a hole in our trailer deck one time and we were compensated BUT that was done BY THEM during loading.....not in transit. Big difference IMO. You sign the BOL, you own it.

Sorry Rank but your wrong on both accounts.

1. The goods were recieved in good order...bill states that.

2. I AM alledgying it was done AT the shipper...when he shot nails into the floor to secure the tractor (I didnt see it cuz up by the nose & tractors blocking access). This was in no way done by the tractors themselves in transit, just the way the shipper shoots nails into my floor with his gun and nails in blocks to secure the tractors.

Yeah I am learning a lesson....I shoulda just took Big up on his offer and sold him the tractors....(hmmmm would have just never posted anything about this) just secret e-mails lol...then claimed the tractors were stolen in transit :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:
Seems doing things the honest way you never make $ tho lol....No good dead goes unpunished.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:25 AM
Senior Board Member

Sorry I misunderstood then. I understood that the tractors put the hole in the trailer. Not the shipper.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe4158

2. I AM alledgying it was done AT the shipper...when he shot nails into the floor to secure the tractor (I didnt see it cuz up by the nose & tractors blocking access). This was in no way done by the tractors themselves in transit, just the way the shipper shoots nails into my floor with his gun and nails in blocks to secure the tractors.
Not trying to be an ass, but the shipper is going to have a good laugh when you tell that story.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:55 AM
Senior Board Member

Yeah. I'd drop it if I was the Pepster. The hole will just keep getting deeper. Move on Driver.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:41 AM
Board Regular

sounds like a weak floor

check the bolts on the x members

they may look ok from the outside

but are sheared off on the inside

there are special bolts for x members but grade 8 will work

no one is going to pay for your floor
Old 05-30-2007, 01:45 AM
Senior Board Member

Pepe,
I would just fix it myself and move on with life. Like said here before, just splice the floor between the cross members, bolt it down, and write it off as learning how to repair a wooden trailer floor.
I'm not saying that they didn't do it, but in reality, you should have been up inside while they were putting nails in your floor (ignorance is not an excuse), it is your responsibility to protect your investment.
Sometimes we spend so much time shifting blame to others that we fail to see that's its really our own fault.
Have a good camera with you for the next time, and an incident report printed out for you to take care of it,...when it actually happens.
It seems like a whole lot of bridge burning if you pursue this with a small claim court.