User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2007, 07:16 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I've already had a few bumps and scratches but to me it's all part of the deal. I personally think your screwed as far as making a claim. I am definitely not saying it's your fault for not crawling all over the place during loading.

I wouldn't mention this to your insurance company at all. I would bet they would cancel your policy right after they paid your claim.

I would be nice to John Deer and maybe propose some loads in the future but if you go head to head with them, forget it. Small claims court may be the way to go but they will file extensions to the court date until your 70 years old. They have lawyers who work full time and you're like an ant to them and they'll squash you like a grape. They can outlast you waiting, you can't and that will be that. Sorry, this IS what will happen.

You don't have a case, you weren't there during loading and didn't make the claim on the spot. You can't prove those holes were there before.

Forget it and move on.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:24 AM
Senior Board Member
Location: California...yup beautifull Hollywood just over the hill
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBooth
I've already had a few bumps and scratches but to me it's all part of the deal. I personally think your screwed as far as making a claim. I am definitely not saying it's your fault for not crawling all over the place during loading.

I wouldn't mention this to your insurance company at all. I would bet they would cancel your policy right after they paid your claim.

I would be nice to John Deer and maybe propose some loads in the future but if you go head to head with them, forget it. Small claims court may be the way to go but they will file extensions to the court date until your 70 years old. They have lawyers who work full time and you're like an ant to them and they'll squash you like a grape. They can outlast you waiting, you can't and that will be that. Sorry, this IS what will happen.

You don't have a case, you weren't there during loading and didn't make the claim on the spot. You can't prove those holes were there before.

Forget it and move on.

Yeah small claims is the way I'd go....were not talking major damage here, but enough to make me want to pursue it....probably in the range of 500-to a max of 2000, but I am really bad at trailer flooring estimates
It just needs a professionally done floor board replaced...dont really have much to go on how much.
Well as far as the hole being there before I dont see how they could claim that once they considered it....its obvious eough a hole they NEVER would have loaded a damaged trailer with their tractors. So damage in route....how???????with their tractors in the way?
Old 05-29-2007, 07:28 AM

I don't know how vans are put together but I'm assuming it's the same as my flatbed. If there was a hole in mine I could just replace a section of the board from one cross member underneath to another another short piece of wood.

Pepe, you need to PROVE those holes were not there before. You need to PROVE they did it. Judge Judy would rip you a new one.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:48 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe4158
Say I bumbed my own post to see if someone had a trailer they thought the shipper damaged?......comon steve or G-man...had to happen at least once to you and what did you guys do? :-p Damn when I had a company trailer just called the company....hmmm calling self dont wana hear this complaint!
I hate it when I have to call myself. I'm always such an a%@hole.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:23 PM
Senior Board Member

Something that gets overlooked in these situations, you've got to first present your case to them nicely. I'm not saying be a chump, I'm just saying sometimes people are not completely evil. Where guys screw up a lot of times is acting like jerks because they just assume the offending party is going to be a jerk, so it's 'I'll be a jerk before you are a jerk so that you can't jerk me because I'm jerking you first.'

So, you take the pictures. You make sure a manager or somebody sees it before they unload. You see if they will reason with you. What's different about your trailer that you got holes and someone else didn't? They may have seen this before. They may even be prepared to deal with it. I think you've got to give them the opportunity to not be jerks before you become a jerk.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:00 PM

Come on Cam, fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:29 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBooth
Come on Cam, fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life.
What!? There's another way? :?
Old 05-29-2007, 01:39 PM

what abot jst going through life drunk? forget the fat and stupid. is that ok?
Old 05-29-2007, 01:49 PM
Board Regular

We have one place where we do alot of drop and hook out of with our trailers. day shift is pretty good, park the darn things so close together that you cant walk between them, night shift can hit a parked car 3 streets over and never leave the lot. We let the "little" scrapes and dings go with them but have had 2 trailers with $2000 dollars each worth of damage done by their 3rd shift. Only reason they paid for the damage is because we caught it before the trailer left their lot. Had on switcher driver peel a placard holder off the side of the trailer with my brother standing right there and then tried to tell him "it was that way when we brought it in". They try everything they can to keep from having to pay for any damage to someone elses equipment.
Old 05-29-2007, 04:18 PM
Senior Board Member

I once had a quart of oil leak on my carpet in the car. I called Penzoil and they sent a guy to verify the carpet had oil on it. They paid me $800 for new carpet without any hassle. They didn't even want to keep the container to see why it leaked.

I asked the guy why they paid for the carpet and he said they want me to keep buying Penzoil. For some big companies it's worth it to keep a customer.