User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2007, 02:56 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Need advice

Whats the best way to go on this. worked as a contractor for rush trucking. Now i just got my last settelment after 5weeks and is's about $1500 short on my pay. Is their a phone number you could call to have the looked into as a company?? I was thinking of calling the BBB or the DOT or FMCSA. It's just bullshit working for a place that doesn't pay their contractors. Worst company I've ever worked for.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:28 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Non of those agencies can do anything for you. Just walk into small claims court and file for a hearing. It will cost you maybe $150 which includes the price of the Sheriff delivering the summons to court. You don't need a lawyer if you have proof about your claim. Believe me, the judge will be VERY sympathetic to your case when it comes to small working guy against big company.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:11 PM
Senior Board Member
Location: California...yup beautifull Hollywood just over the hill

Yeah small claims is the way to go. Big companies make good targets for law suits cuz they have an address in your state I am sure......any address....easy to sue them, and your suit is far from being frivilous.
They have to answer or you win by default and can file a lean on all their state holdings...if they are out of state....your outta luck
Old 05-23-2007, 06:20 PM
Senior Board Member

TIME CONSUMING! You may loose more in the long run by having to be there for a hearing. You may not. Your choice.

BBB is worthless- I'd still file a claim- you should be able to do it online and on your own time schedule. You won't get anything but it's something.

What you CAN do is talk to every driver you run into and tell them about it. These trucking companies and repair shops who just twist the screws on drivers need to be stopped! It's really sick. Trucking (at least owner-operating) can be just a constant fight to get treated fairly.

Sorry- I don't want to go into a rant. Ugh. This is a bad topic for me.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:56 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweety bird
TIME CONSUMING! You may loose more in the long run by having to be there for a hearing. You may not. Your choice.

BBB is worthless- I'd still file a claim- you should be able to do it online and on your own time schedule. You won't get anything but it's something.

What you CAN do is talk to every driver you run into and tell them about it. These trucking companies and repair shops who just twist the screws on drivers need to be stopped! It's really sick. Trucking (at least owner-operating) can be just a constant fight to get treated fairly.

Sorry- I don't want to go into a rant. Ugh. This is a bad topic for me.
If you have proof they have not paid you, small claims IS the answer!
Old 05-24-2007, 12:56 AM
Senior Board Member

Have you tried to work it out with your carrier? Your post has nothing in it about them denying you the pay.

Case in point-

My agent shorted me $2200 on my last settlement, and didn't have a problem paying me. Truth be known, they brough it to my attention.

Use the force when necessary luke! :lol: