User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2007, 02:29 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Comcheck?

Can anyone tell me about the comcheck? How to join and what are the rates? If it is worth it?
Old 05-10-2007, 04:10 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Comcheck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie at 53
Can anyone tell me about the comcheck? How to join and what are the rates? If it is worth it?
Welcome Rookie at 53. How's it going, are you enjoying it?

20 looks and no replies. Now Comchek, what are you talking about? You are a rookie company driver using your company's fuel card? You aren't a rookie O/O asking about Comcheck!? What's up? What do you want to know?
Old 05-10-2007, 06:56 AM
Senior Board Member

http://www.comdata.com/comdata/index.jsp

Comdata is a company that provides money management services to other companies.

In the transportation industry Comdata can provide services from fuel purchases to driver payroll. Depending on the service the Comdata card works like a standard credit card or a pre-loaded credit card/account.

Comchecks are simply paper checks used to access funds in the Comdata account, just like a personal check is used to access funds in a personal bank account.

Now if you are talking about being paid on your comdata card/fuel card I personally do not think it is worth it if your company also offers direct deposit. You will have fees if you want to access cash from your account, many places who are unfamiliar with Comdata/Comchecks will not accept them as payment. Everytime you want to write a check to access your money you have to call into Comdata and register the check you are using, etc.

IMHO, it is just not worth it for a company driver. Get yourself a bank account and have the funds transferred there and then get yourself a debit card.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:36 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

If a broker pays you with a comcheck there could be a fee from the broker. Comcheck charges a fee every time you use their card of checks to make purchases or get cash advances. I considered using them but didn't like their fee structure. If you open a checking account with Flying J (Transportation Alliance Bank) you can get a check number from a broker, call TAB and have the money in your account in about 20 minutes. TAB has a debit card and checks just like any other bank. TAB can do the same thing with TCHECK, Transplatinum, or most any of the other various types of checks. If you contact comcheck, you can request checks and get an express code from the broker and deposit it into your account. It works much like a cashier's check in that they are guaranteed funds.
Old 05-20-2007, 12:40 AM
Senior Board Member
Location: California...yup beautifull Hollywood just over the hill

Hmmm G-man, do some brokers acually pay with com checks, just wondeing, cuz the only 3 loads I booked and have hauled are thru major carriers, and they seem to do buiz all the same way.
I send in the bills, n invoice, and the rate agreement........and they mail me a check.........hmmm opther brokers use com-checks?
Old 05-20-2007, 03:49 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Some use Comchecks, T-Checks, TCH, etc., Most will mail a check. When brokers send a comcheck they usually charge extra. Some brokers will also direct deposit for you. It depends on the broker and how they normally do business. Everything should be explained in their contract.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:33 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

TMC and TQL gave me a Comcheck once as a bonus. All I had to do was waltz up to the fuel counter, give them a number and my license and I got cash.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:23 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBooth
TMC and TQL gave me a Comcheck once as a bonus.
Brokers call you with $2 mile frieght and you get bonus comchecks from TQL? Good greif man how do you live with yourself.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rank
Quote:
Brokers call you with $2 mile frieght and you get bonus comchecks from TQL? Good greif man how do you live with yourself.
:shock: :x

I've heard of people having a horse shoe in you know what.. You must have the whole damn Budweiser Clydesdale team hiding in there :roll: :wink:

Com-Checks are a pain. Not an O/O but using them as a Co. Driver. They tie up my time to pay lumper's fees. Lengthy phone calls to verify funds, reg the check etc etc etc. Not sure of the fee's to sign up with service. But could imagine there are other alternatives. I've heard of the one GMAN mentioned. Haven't heard anything bad about the flying J TAB.

The card is convenient . Co uses it for fuel. Each week there is $200 availible to me for cash advances. I've only had to use it once. Though the $40 I took out (via atm) cost me nearly $8 in fees... atm fee, com data fee, co. fee for advance. convenient but costly. Glad I don't have to do that on a normal basis. How do you guys who take $200 in advances a week survive???? Don't get it.

Old 05-23-2007, 05:30 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by serbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by rank
Quote:
:shock: :x

I've heard of people having a horse shoe in you know what.. You must have the whole damn Budweiser Clydesdale team hiding in there :roll: :wink:

Com-Checks are a pain. Not an O/O but using them as a Co. Driver. They tie up my time to pay lumper's fees. Lengthy phone calls to verify funds, reg the check etc etc etc. Not sure of the fee's to sign up with service. But could imagine there are other alternatives. I've heard of the one GMAN mentioned. Haven't heard anything bad about the flying J TAB.

The card is convenient . Co uses it for fuel. Each week there is $200 availible to me for cash advances. I've only had to use it once. Though the $40 I took out (via atm) cost me nearly $8 in fees... atm fee, com data fee, co. fee for advance. convenient but costly. Glad I don't have to do that on a normal basis. How do you guys who take $200 in advances a week survive???? Don't get it.
Believe it or not, some dwellers do not know how to manage money.