User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2007, 07:07 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

No not a difference of opinion, but 400,000 is definitely excessive. The additive pack will be worn out, wont be able to neutralize acids.

EGR stands for Exhaust Gas Recirculation, any post 2003 non-cat engine uses this. It introduces a lot more junk to the oil that cannot be filtered out.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:37 PM
Senior Board Member

I sent Kevin a link to this thread and he actually read it. There may still be time to interact with him if anybody wants to before the show grows too big. Great about the non-aero trucks, sounds like he is not backing down. I mean, he seems committed to telling people what it takes to be successful and even had a little hilarious advice for anyone who doesn't want to hear it. :lol:
Old 05-15-2007, 05:06 PM
Senior Board Member

1st off Kevin has been on XM 171 for years... :shock:
he did a 1hr 1 day a week show on dave nomo before he sold his company "the alliance"

2nd He gets advertising money from turbo 3000 IMHO someone has to pay for him to be on the air and if you can spend $300 for it and it gets you 3-5% better mpg for as long as you have your truck then it IS putting money in your pocket and that would be a good thing right. how long would it take you to make back $300 if you mpg went up by 3-5 or 10%

3rd as to Bypass oil filters yes you do still have to change your main and Bypass filters just as you should "every X miles" but you don't need to change the oil. the main filter gets the big stuff out the bypass filter get out the stuff to small like soot 8-15lb.... :shock:. that is why you don't have to change the oil. also you are adding 2gl of oil every time you do the filter change so you are changing all the oil out every 60-80k " this saves you money by letting you run better oil " synthetic " but not having to replace it all at each change, and with having a regular oil analysis done you can tell if something is wrong with your oil or engine. that would also be a GOOD thing and you can move the bypass filter to your new truck so you only need to buy it one time.

btw gulf coast filters has a truck on the road with over 1,000,000 with only 1 oil change so the system must work without introducing extra wear to the engine http://www.gulfcoastfilters.com/1,000,000%20MILES.htm

bypass oil filters have been around for a long time "this is not something new" FRAM made one in the late 60's for pov's "my stepdad had one on his van"
Old 05-15-2007, 05:42 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flood
1st off Kevin has been on XM 171 for years... :shock:
he did a 1hr 1 day a week show on dave nomo before he sold his company "the alliance"

2nd He gets advertising money from turbo 3000 IMHO someone has to pay for him to be on the air and if you can spend $300 for it and it gets you 3-5% better mpg for as long as you have your truck then it IS putting money in your pocket and that would be a good thing right. how long would it take you to make back $300 if you mpg went up by 3-5 or 10%

3rd as to Bypass oil filters yes you do still have to change your main and Bypass filters just as you should "every X miles" but you don't need to change the oil. the main filter gets the big stuff out the bypass filter get out the stuff to small like soot 8-15lb.... :shock:. that is why you don't have to change the oil. also you are adding 2gl of oil every time you do the filter change so you are changing all the oil out every 60-80k " this saves you money by letting you run better oil " synthetic " but not having to replace it all at each change, and with having a regular oil analysis done you can tell if something is wrong with your oil or engine. that would also be a GOOD thing and you can move the bypass filter to your new truck so you only need to buy it one time.

btw gulf coast filters has a truck on the road with over 1,000,000 with only 1 oil change so the system must work without introducing extra wear to the engine http://www.gulfcoastfilters.com/1,000,000%20MILES.htm

bypass oil filters have been around for a long time "this is not something new" FRAM made one in the late 60's for pov's "my stepdad had one on his van"
That would explain why I never heard of him. :lol: Nothing against Dave Nemo, but sometimes I think Dave has trouble with ignorant calls. He tries to be agreeable with people but sometime after someone hangs up there will be a moment of silence like Dave is going through contortions trying to get a grip so that he can continue. Specifically, I was listening to him try to gin up some interest in the great 'truck out' rally in DC (there were some trucks sighted driving the beltway rather slowly and in kind of a convoy, really, there were ) :?

He isn't saying 3-5% fuel economy increase, he's saying .3-.5 mpg, big difference. Let's say you went from 6.4 to 6.7 mpg, that's a 6% increase. 5.7 mpg to 6.2 mpg, now we're talking almost 9% increase. 6-9% increase in fuel economy is at least a few thousand added to your NBT (net before taxes) or just your bottom line.

About the advertising revenue, gotta be carefull there. When Paul Harvey is plugging CitraCal or Rush is plugging tape to keep your nostrils open, it's very clear they are doing a commercial. When Kevin is talking about Turbo 3000 he's doing it in the course of the show and I really think he believes it works. If you don't like your sleep number bed, well, you knew it was just Rush doing a commercial to raise Revenue. The price Kevin would be paying in his reputation if he didn't believe Turbo 300 works, there is no way a dummy would pay that price, let a lone a saavy businessman.

Thanks for the insights Flood, you sound like a long time listener.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:53 PM
Senior Board Member

I gaurantee those "million mile engines" aren't EGR engines.

To do a million miles, you will have to change oil more often on one of those. The soot acts like sandpaper.

It becomes the #1 factor when reading UOA's.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam
Bypass oil filters. You can put synthetic oil in the truck and do regular oil analysis and the oil can last 400,000 miles.
Some can go that far, but you are introducing extra wear to the engine.

Also, the filters have to be changed just as regular.

EGR engines generally cannot get away with extended drain intervals. They introduce a lot of soot, and soot is abrasive. Warranties can be denied because you have too much soot in the oil.
The bypass oil filter will filter out most of the abrasive soot. That's it's main job (though an EGR engine does usually need oil changes before a million miles.) When you change filters, you need to add some oil to get you back up to full, which introduces more additives to crankcase oil. Moisture (water) is what causes acid in the oil. Good bypass filters also filter out moisture. Having a regular oil analysis done will keep you informed on all sorts of things going on in your oil, including soot and acid levels. Regular oil analysis is KEY! With it, you know EXACTLY what's going on; without it, you're lost.

"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem. Government IS the problem!" - Ronald Reagan
Old 05-16-2007, 12:36 AM
Senior Board Member

I agree with everything you said except the soot, the majority of it will be too small to filter out.

Otherwise the oil would stay perfectly clear, it doesn't.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:24 AM

Getting back to the original topic, I have heard the show and it is great. Kevin knows his stuff, except of course for the turb 3000 vada thing which he should be ashamed to have as a sponsor.

I would really hope to hear more from him on how to build up beyond one truck, and succeed.
Old 05-18-2007, 03:00 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul McGraw
Getting back to the original topic, I have heard the show and it is great. Kevin knows his stuff, except of course for the turb 3000 vada thing which he should be ashamed to have as a sponsor.

I would really hope to hear more from him on how to build up beyond one truck, and succeed.
Of course he could give you pointers there but he just says it's very hard to run a small fleet, this due largely to the availabilty of drivers. Very enthusiastic about the money that can be made as an O/O right now but much less enthusiatic about the second or third truck.

Well, you don't sound too iffy about the Turbo 3000. I don't know anything about it. I find it really, really hard to believe he'd just trash his credibility on something he doesn't believe in. But, like I said, you aren't iffy and I just don't know.
Old 05-18-2007, 03:38 AM
Senior Board Member

Cam it's quite simple, you go to the turbo 3000 website and read the claims.

Everything is extremely vague on what it does.

One point it says it changes the way the fuel is injected. This is impossible, the way injectors work.

Besides, something so simple, if it really worked, it would be on all trucks.

There's heavy talk right now about regulating truck fuel mileage and how much carbon dioxide they put out(they go hand in hand). Reduce co2, and truck mileage increases.

If that happens, and the turbo 3000 goes on every OEM truck, then I'll buy one.