User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2007, 04:51 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh
Cam it's quite simple, you go to the turbo 3000 website and read the claims.

Everything is extremely vague on what it does.

One point it says it changes the way the fuel is injected. This is impossible, the way injectors work.

Besides, something so simple, if it really worked, it would be on all trucks.

There's heavy talk right now about regulating truck fuel mileage and how much carbon dioxide they put out(they go hand in hand). Reduce co2, and truck mileage increases.

If that happens, and the turbo 3000 goes on every OEM truck, then I'll buy one.
I think it's funny because I just realized how my mind works differently than people really mechanically inclined. I gravitate toward the psychology of it all, sizing up Rutherford and thinking about what he is thinking. In the OP I joked about him chasing off his listeners. His comment about it was that he didn't care and that if anyone doesn't want to improve their business they can just have their country music and 'tater' tapes. :lol: He seems to me like a straight shooter. And, I think that's the difference. Some of you more mechanically inclined may not pay as much attention to the problem of a smart business man doing something really stupid. Instead, you guys go straight to the device to understand how it works and evaluate it on it's own merits.

Now that I think about it, you aren't just judging the whole situation based on your ability to evaluate it mechanically. You also take the tack that something that really works will be adopted by everyone, and that makes sense, too.

I pulled up the sight but I don't have any motivation to study it until such time as I'm actually thinking about buying it. I just think I can size people up pretty well and what you and Paul are saying is that I'm missing it in my strongsuit which is to get in peoples' heads and understand their motives. I just I think I have as much confidence in my psychological judgement as you do in your judgement of the product itself. Sometimes though, I'll discover that I pegged somebody or something wrongly. :?
Old 05-19-2007, 11:52 PM
Senior Board Member

Sat 5/19, anybody listen today? I thought the show was better today, better, more interesting callers and discussion. Can't remember much right now, had the tractor in the driveway with the volume turned way up while I was doing yardwork at the house. Less, 'trip tricking', less 'sweetspot', I think. I don't remember an endorsement of Turbo 3000 except that they are a sponsor and are supposed to be at some truck show with him.

Question, how is an owner operator a businessman when he needs an 'expert' to figure out for him:

(avg cost per gal) - (fsc) x (mpg) = adjusted cost per gallon :| That's 5th or 6th grade math!?!?!? Maybe Kevin will teach these guys to fish sometime. :wink:
Old 05-20-2007, 01:12 AM
Senior Board Member

I'm not on the road, so I have no means of listening to it.

That's one thing thats fundamentally wrong with our business.

owner/operators thinking like truck drivers and not like businessmen.
Old 05-20-2007, 05:19 AM
Senior Board Member

See if I can recall a few conversational items.

Guy with super singles calling in saying he's gotten flats and they've been more trouble than they have been worth. Kevin says he hasn't heard any such thing before.

Seem to remember a guy with a W900 calling in trying to rub Kevin's nose in it, like he's happy and he doesn't care. :lol:

Guy from Swift calling in thinking about going to Landstar. Kevin endorses both companies. The guy thinks he needs to average $1.30/mile at Landstar to match what he's doing at Swift. He laments that the Landstar drivers he's met don't even run spreadsheets. And, here I thought these cents per mile guys don't know anything about business. :lol: :lol: :lol: He's probably right on that amount considering the plates and permits aren't paid for by Landstar and of course no deadhead money. One thing though, Landstar guys do a whole lot less driving. When you book your own loads, you end up leaving a lot more time between trips because that's just what it takes to book loads yourself plus you don't know how long any given receiver will take to get you empty.

O/O calls in who bought his truck through lease-purchase.

The deep lug drive tires lose a lot of tread at first and actually get better fuel economy the more they wear down. It all makes so much sense. We can't do just what everyone else is doing. Those of you who run in snow a lot may want to stay with the deep lugs but the rest of us are just giving away fuel money.

Those are a few highlights. So how come you didn't have your XM, Allan5oh? The house is just no excuse. :x I was planting Morning Glories and listening to the show with my doors open and the volume turned way up.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:15 AM
Senior Board Member

I'm not sure if I'm willing to give up the XDN2's. I just drive through a lot of snow. Makes a huge difference. Even if I get stuck once with "regular tires" where I wouldn't get stuck with the XDN2's, it's worth it. Tow bills can be expensive.

I don't have a setup for at home. Oh well.