Old 05-08-2007, 05:51 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rognre
gman what would be your limit to mileage on a truck if you were buying it.

I don't go strictly by miles. I once bought a truck with about 900,000 miles on the odometer, but it had a new engine with less than 100,000 miles on it. I look at the general condition and the work that has been done. If major work has been done I want to see the paperwork. I prefer to find a truck with fewer than 500,000 miles, but low miles are no guarantee that you are getting a good truck. You can find a truck with 200,000 that is ready for an in-frame. I look for good value. It all depends on how the truck has been maintained. There is no real magic mileage at which an in-frame must be done. I have known of quite a few who have gotten more than 1 million miles out of an engine before having to do major repairs. Most engine manufacturer's with whom I have spoken say that you need to be prepared for an overhaul once you get around 750,000 miles on the engine. Again, it depends entirely on how it was maintained.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:25 PM
Board Regular

Hows business been going GMAN??? Does it usually pick up in the summer for you???
Old 05-09-2007, 12:31 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungZ.W.
Hows business been going GMAN??? Does it usually pick up in the summer for you???

Freight and rates are up from a couple of months ago. This has been an unusually slow year, so far. Things are nearly always slow during January and at part of February. I usually take off from Christmas until after the first of the year. Freight is usually stronger in the summer months and slower in winter, especially for flats.