User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2007, 01:22 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geomon
You know I always wondered about those bug zappers that "attract" bugs first before electrocuting them. Why draw bugs from your neighbors' yards to yours???
It can work, for awhile. Back in the '80s when those Bag-a-Bug Japanese beetle traps first came out, we hung them everywhere. We lost all our everythings that year, and attracted every beetle for three square miles, but it was worth it in the long run, sort of. We got so many of those bastards that we used to hang 30 gallon bags under the traps. I remember changing those bags every couple of days. We must have sent several million beetles to the landfill that year.

Japanese beetles were no problem at all for about another 15 years, because we nuked so many of them in the '80s.

Unfortunately, now they're back, and they just don't respond to the traps like they used to.

Um. What did this have to do with trucking again?
Old 05-05-2007, 03:30 AM
Senior Board Member

You can thank all of thoses (some of you included) that lick their fingers clean and then go back up to the buffet.

Why do people look at me funny when i pick my nose at the buffet, then handle the tongs? But they can stick their fingers in their mouth and spread whatever cold/flu/disease they have?

BTW- I don't lick my fingers or pick my nose at a buffet. i also wash my hands before and after, as well as when I go to the bathroom :shock:
Old 05-05-2007, 07:50 PM
Senior Board Member
Location: California...yup beautifull Hollywood just over the hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBooth
All righty then, time for some chicken.
Hmmm better re-consider
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/food_fda_livestock_dc
Old 05-06-2007, 02:08 AM
Senior Board Member

[quote="BanditsCousin"]You can thank all of thoses (some of you included) that lick their fingers clean and then go back up to the buffet.

they can stick their fingers in their mouth and spread whatever cold/flu/disease they have?

Thanks a freakin' lot,....not bad enough that I carry hand sanitizer everywhere,....you have to go into details,.....thanks again,....I gotta go puke :shock: now.