User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2007, 08:37 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Some people have a natural immunity to the terminal effects of it. It doesn't matter how healthy you are.
Yeh. This is a facinating topic. Steve did you learn anything you can share about this? That there is a group of white guys out there that cannot contract an HIV or AIDs problem? Is this the same type of thing that you're talking about in the above quote?
Old 04-30-2007, 09:26 PM
Senior Board Member
Location: California...yup beautifull Hollywood just over the hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by person
Quote:
Some people have a natural immunity to the terminal effects of it. It doesn't matter how healthy you are.
Yeh. This is a facinating topic. Steve did you learn anything you can share about this? That there is a group of white guys out there that cannot contract an HIV or AIDs problem? Is this the same type of thing that you're talking about in the above quote?
Hmmm I actually had a major, in Bio-chemistry when I finished H.S. at 17, back on the late 70's. Reasearch in DNA and cloning has re-wrote almost all my old text books.......all viruses are is mutated DNA (thats why I brought up DNA) they are not living organisms as we define life (such as germs in the bacteria class.)
To put it in simple english compering AIDS to the bird flu and immunities is like comparing apples and oranges......they both spread through a host,however carrying the virus, much differently. (aids method of transmission is body fluids and the living organisms within) not sure of transmission of bird flu but much different I am sure. Aids most resembles other STD's with one exception.
Well I flunked out of my major in the start of my third year so thats my disclaimer......took auto mechanics at the local JC after that ;-p
Old 04-30-2007, 09:43 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

The bird flu is the same flu that we all get...almost. The flu that we get we all have a natural immunity to it that keeps our tempature controllable with aspirin and other drugs. The bird flu is much more serious in that we have no natural immunity to it and your fever could exceed 105 which to most of us is fatal. If not fatal, you will be brain damaged and other organs will fail.

Those people who have a natural immunity may already have been exposed to some type of virus that matches. The bodies immune system remembers this past experience like a cold you had before and rushes to attack the virus. When you get a flu shot you are basically getting a dose of the 3 most common flu's that are going around except they are completely dead but the immune system says, hey, a new guy on the block, lets remember him and if any of his live friends show up we'll chew them up.

When we were children, at least me. I ate dirt, dust, crap and anything else I could put in my mouth. I may have got sick but your body remembers this. It all just makes your stronger.

We all deceided at work that big cans of Dinty Moore Beef Stew would be the best to stock up on. Plenty of fat and vegetables.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:48 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBooth

When we were children, at least me. I ate dirt, dust, crap and anything else I could put in my mouth. I may have got sick but your body remembers this. It all just makes your stronger.
If that's the case, and I believe it is, then call me Ah-nald. :lol:

(as in Schwarzenegger) :wink:
Old 04-30-2007, 09:52 PM
Senior Board Member

K...all his concern about bird flu is the fact that it decimated the asian population. I am not sure of the method of transmission with bird flu, but as I remember(could be wrong, is it generally isnt airbone, but is primarily a water contaminent virus.
The reason the bird flu decimated asia so badly is generally agreed that the biggest factor was their 3rd world sense of hygeine. In third worlds, people actually live in close contact with their livestock, like we would a cat or dog. I was on the phone with my wife, in Asia, when she sheireked her pig ate her pasta! The pigs stay in the house for Gods sake....are only pig here is the fat guy on the sofa.
Part of the reason it spread so badly is people were living in close proximity, and eating infected birds(chickens) ....many lives their could have been spared simply by using western standards of hygeine.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:03 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
When we were children, at least me. I ate dirt, dust, crap and anything else I could put in my mouth.
You ate CRAP?....... 8)

Old 04-30-2007, 10:06 PM

It is airborne sort of. You have to get a few droplets from someone else in close proximity. I don't mean spit either. The droplets are so small you can't see them. Bird Flu is really called Avian Influenza. It is HIGHLY contagious and requires a special mask, I think number 30 to prevent getting it.

All righty then, time for some chicken.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:06 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3fan
Quote:
When we were children, at least me. I ate dirt, dust, crap and anything else I could put in my mouth.
You ate CRAP?....... 8)
Why not? I ate crap for evey employeer I ever worked for!
Old 04-30-2007, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3fan
Quote:
You ate CRAP?....... 8)
Yes, I was married for 18 years.

Sure, when your a baby crawling around you come across what appears to be a Zagnut bar. Oops, mistake.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:23 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Quote:
Sure, when your a baby crawling around you come across what appears to be a Zagnut bar. Oops, mistake.
Man, that is sooooo wrong. :?