LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2007, 11:27 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by mereman
I am happy to tell all that I was offered a job today on a local dedicated run. This do much to alleviate my present circumstances and get us back on track.
Thanks again to everyone.

keep em turn'in
Congrats mereman!!!!! Glad to hear that things may work out better than you hoped for the entire family. Be sure to keep us all posted on your progress.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:03 AM
Board Regular

BirdY sure has alot to say w/out even one tiny drop of documentation mentioned. For instance, chapter and verse. Anybody could write up something like that. There is no possible way that we would know what part(s) to deem as true unless we wanted to spend alotta time researching it. It could ALL be true, but as it stands it is worthless. (And I don't mean a particular companies rules.)
Old 03-21-2007, 12:23 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by person
BirdY sure has alot to say w/out even one tiny drop of documentation mentioned. For instance, chapter and verse. Anybody could write up something like that. There is no possible way that we would know what part(s) to deem as true unless we wanted to spend alotta time researching it. It could ALL be true, but as it stands it is worthless.
So, let's look it up, shall we? Or at least I will, since you don't want to bother (but that isn't stopping you from griping about it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdY
They are listed as Authorized Passengers, on a notorized letter from whoever holds the Authority. The letter must state the start and end date of the trip, and contain the information that the passenger is covered by the required insurance. (accident & medical) A trip for a minor is 30 days or less. Positive (Picture ID) is required.
Nothing in the FMCSA regs on this one. Probably a company policy, or an insurance policy.

Quote:
AND

There must be a SEAT with a DOT approved restraint system appropriate to the size and age of each passenger. Bunk restraints DO NOT COUNT. The child restraint and seat belt laws DO APPLY to commercial vehicles. In fact, they are much stricter.
Correct, to a point:

Quote:
§398.5 Parts and accessories necessary for safe operation.

(f) Passenger compartment. Every motor vehicle transporting passengers, other than a bus, shall have a passenger compartment meeting the following requirements:

(f)(4) Seats. On and after November 1, 1957, a seat shall be provided for each worker transported. The seats shall be: Securely attached to the vehicle during the course of transportation; not less than 16 inches nor more than 19 inches above the floor; at least 13 inches deep; equipped with backrests extending to a height of at least 36 inches above the floor, with at least 24 inches of space between the backrests or between the edges of the opposite seats when face to face; designed to provide at least 18 inches of seat for each passenger; without cracks more than two inches wide, and the exposed surfaces, if made of wood, planed or sanded smooth and free of splinters.
The same child restraint laws apply to CMV's as to passenger cars.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:44 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
Quote:
BirdY sure has alot to say w/out even one tiny drop of documentation mentioned. For instance, chapter and verse. Anybody could write up something like that. There is no possible way that we would know what part(s) to deem as true unless we wanted to spend alotta time researching it. It could ALL be true, but as it stands it is worthless.
So, let's look it up, shall we? Or at least I will, since you don't want to bother (but that isn't stopping you from griping about it).

Quote:
They are listed as Authorized Passengers, on a notorized letter from whoever holds the Authority. The letter must state the start and end date of the trip, and contain the information that the passenger is covered by the required insurance. (accident & medical) A trip for a minor is 30 days or less. Positive (Picture ID) is required.
Nothing in the FMCSA regs on this one. Probably a company policy, or an insurance policy.

Quote:
AND

There must be a SEAT with a DOT approved restraint system appropriate to the size and age of each passenger. Bunk restraints DO NOT COUNT. The child restraint and seat belt laws DO APPLY to commercial vehicles. In fact, they are much stricter.
Correct, to a point:

Quote:
§398.5 Parts and accessories necessary for safe operation.

(f) Passenger compartment. Every motor vehicle transporting passengers, other than a bus, shall have a passenger compartment meeting the following requirements:

(f)(4) Seats. On and after November 1, 1957, a seat shall be provided for each worker transported. The seats shall be: Securely attached to the vehicle during the course of transportation; not less than 16 inches nor more than 19 inches above the floor; at least 13 inches deep; equipped with backrests extending to a height of at least 36 inches above the floor, with at least 24 inches of space between the backrests or between the edges of the opposite seats when face to face; designed to provide at least 18 inches of seat for each passenger; without cracks more than two inches wide, and the exposed surfaces, if made of wood, planed or sanded smooth and free of splinters.
The same child restraint laws apply to CMV's as to passenger cars.
Rev, I love it when you break out the regs to prove or disprove something. Guess the military side of me appeals to it as we ALWAYS have to back up our positions with "In Accordance With" (IAW) such and such reg.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:13 AM
Board Regular

rev, I wasn't complaining. Honest. Simply pointing out they were worthless unless we had a way to judge it. We coulda looked it up w/out him writing a thing.

What are you quoting from?
That f4 thing says "workers."
And "Every motor vehicle transporting passengers" really is a state thing. Does it mean transporting passengers for hire across state lines? I mean what page are we on here? I'm lost
Old 03-21-2007, 01:20 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
rev, I wasn't complaining. Honest. Simply pointing out they were worthless unless we had a way to judge it. We coulda looked it up w/out him writing a thing.

What are you quoting from?
That f4 thing says "workers."
And "Every motor vehicle transporting passengers" really is a state thing. Does it mean transporting passengers for hire across state lines? I mean what page are we on here? I'm lost
It says workers, but I believe it says that because that is what is generally transported in a CMV. After all, it isn't an RV. But passengers are passengers, and I believe the reg applies to all passengers, workers or not.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:14 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Whatever the case...

Quote:
I am happy to tell all that I was offered a job today on a local dedicated run. This do much to alleviate my present circumstances and get us back on track.
Mucho congrats on that. That's definitely good news all around. 8)

Old 03-21-2007, 05:01 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379
What about kids that were raised in a truck? I was 3 or 4 years old the first time that I stepped foot in a truck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
And look at how you turned out. :P
Yeah, I know. I should have been a doctor, or a professor, or some other way of being filthy rich. :P

http://watsonsysco.com/