User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2007, 03:24 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I'm sure you could use your experience, but if you go under, you'll prolly be sick of trucking Why not lease on at first then, after a few months, get your own authority?

More than 1 way to skin a cat! :wink:
Old 02-22-2007, 04:48 AM
Senior Board Member
Location: California...yup beautifull Hollywood just over the hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditsCousin
if you go under, you'll prolly be sick of trucking
Why not lease on at first then, after a few months, get your own authority?

More than 1 way to skin a cat! :wink:
Yeah Cuz...would have leased on somewhere, but they all said cuz my experience isnt recent they didnt deal with me, thats why I was wondering if I did go under if I could use the experience towards their recent Exp requirement lol...well as far as being sick of it..er ah no, just might be a terrible businessman, if I go under. I think many good workers go under cuz they worked hard, but didnt work smart, will see if I'm one or not?
Old 02-22-2007, 04:55 AM
Senior Board Member

Theres only one way to find out! 8)

BTW- a carrier will lie if they want you bad enough. I can't incriminate myself or others, but "2 years experience" or "250,000 miles verifiable" is a penstroke away :wink:

Hopefully you'll find the loophole, considering the fact you have a fair amount of experience, just nothing recent. Theres always good ol CRE- who will let noobs become o/o's right after training, but still require o/o's with their own trucks to have 1 yr :roll:
Old 02-22-2007, 07:45 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditsCousin
Theres only one way to find out! 8)

Hopefully you'll find the loophole, considering the fact you have a fair amount of experience, just nothing recent. Theres always good ol CRE- who will let noobs become o/o's right after training, but still require o/o's with their own trucks to have 1 yr :roll:
Say Cuz....ummm is that right that you can O/OP with CRE just out of school?....hmmm I called them and they were not interested in me (good God, I have rejections from every major carrier lol) hmmm maybe we missunderstood each other, because I did say I wanted to own my own truck, hmmmm maybe I should call them in the morning and see if they will let me on if I lease on with them with their lease trucks (hmmm am quessing thats what they mean?). Reason why, I would like to go see my wife for a couple of months overseas if I could swing it (I mean while freight is slow now best time to go n stay with her), because my own authority and truck seemed the only way I could go I was cancelling that trip.....since all I got was rejections from all the carriers :P
Old 02-22-2007, 07:51 PM
Senior Board Member

Ok Cuz....called CRE today, well not quite true they put new drivers right on the road adter school, you complete their school and have to go out with a trainer first (even if you have a CDL already still their school), lol they even were going to make me go with a trainer and their school, lots of companies just wanted me to go out with their trainer, their worse lol, as far as a deal for me. Well I am clearly better to just buy my truck, and get my own authority, since this insurance thing really isnt the issue these companies seem to want to make it, 9k a year for insurance seemed reasonable.
The only negative I see is if I want to take a long vacation, say 3-4 months during slow season, if there is any old hands, what do you guys do? I cant just cancel my insurance, I just eat that....right? Wont have truck payments at least just worried about the insurance situation if the truck sits.
Just something you guys might find humerous, the last company to put drivers, right out of school on the road, were the famed PST U-teams, which I was a proud member of LOL. Years latter I was talking with a fellow trainer, at my last big company about that experience, he just looked at me and said I have only 1 comment, Said U stood for unbelievable; I just started laughing hard!
Old 02-23-2007, 02:51 AM
Senior Board Member

No, I don't run for CRE, nor will I ever

When I said they put drivers on the road right out of school- its true. Sure they have to be with a trainer for like a month, but then they go into a lease deal. However, to come in from the outside as an o/o, they require 1 yr experience. i was NOT implying you go work there, especially if you want 3-4 months off (hell, you won't get 3-4 days off :wink: )

I think your expectations of getting your own authority are a bit misconstrued. My father shuts down for 2 months per year for vacation, and must work the rest. In freight, I don't see this happening for most operators. (Keep in mind, I said MOST). :lol:

How muich do you expect to make to be able to send the wife overseas, take off months at a time, and live/party like a rockstar? :lol: Owner operator doesn't always mean more money.

And not to offend anyone, living off getloaded.com is NOT how you'll stay afloat. Even on their website they boast its a tool to cut down on deadhead miles (to better paying freight that you've secured).

I think they should call it "backhaul.org" :lol:
Old 02-23-2007, 04:07 AM
Senior Board Member

Yeah, Sorry I quess I missunderstood you cuz...I thought you were saying they did that.
You missunderstood me tho too Cuz, the wife already is overseas, in her country I can live good on $6 US dollars a day (48 Pesos to 1 US dollar), hardly living like a rock star. If I could get 2 months off a year that would work. but since fright is slow usually for up to 4 was hopping for that,just not too sure what to do about the insurance, ummm quess I just eat it there?
Old 02-23-2007, 04:11 AM
Senior Board Member

Yes, you eat the insurance. You want your rig covered from hurricanes, hooligans, and theft.

If your wife is overseas, and on pesos, technically shes in mexico and not overseas?

Have you contacted any brokers or companies to haul for?
Old 02-23-2007, 04:20 AM
Senior Board Member

Similar; Philippines was a Spanish colony for 400 years. She in R.P.
Hmmm dont remember any of the many brokers I talked to when I was a company driver, damn then I just wanted them to stop bugging me lol (now I wish I wrote their name and # down) been too long...hhmmmm got any names you wish to share ..plz plz plz well cant blame me for trying eh?
Old 02-24-2007, 03:30 PM
Senior Board Member

Pepe..where you located..and what type trailer you gonna pull?