LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2007, 09:45 AM
Senior Board Member
Location: California...yup beautifull Hollywood just over the hill
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN
If you are going to be in Charlotte, you may want to check with the Freightliner dealer. They are one of the larger dealers and I have known of a couple of owner operators who told me that they have gotten good deals from them. They may have a website you can check.
Woooa went to their website n took a look, the managers special looks nice! Since I am there think Ill pop in and make them n offer of 18k cash. Its a nice looking frame and suspension either way even if I have to rebuilt the engine in about 200k miles ( could get the engine and possibly tranny rebuilt with the money I saved...hmmm just a thought.

http://www.charlotteselectrucks.com/...3/Default.aspx

The nice thing about buying from freightliner is they will dyno it for me; usually free of charge, n with the auction the only test I get before is, 'buyer beware.'
Old 03-06-2007, 03:25 PM
Senior Board Member

Thats a lot of miles. However, it does have a new trans. Plus, since its from a "moving company" aka HHG, it never came close to pulling 80K loads :wink: I bet they'd take 18K for it out the door if you had cash in hand. I'd have to se a few more pics though...
Old 03-08-2007, 09:00 PM
Senior Board Member

Whew just got in to Charloette n woke up from my nap :-P Well I got a room with wi-fi so I am back on the net :-) Yeah that trucks gone already, but heading over to the auction in the morning (figured that one would be gone before i got here) he sent me a link to the newest mgrs special.
This is their new mgrs special n it would easily justify comming this far is its about 10k off the prices I was getting in so cal
http://www.truckpaper.com/listings/d...9BB16F2F7069A6
hmmm wonder if he would take 20 or 21?
Old 03-08-2007, 09:48 PM

Wow- Pepe if U get that you we can all call SterlingPepe, what a deal.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:18 PM
Senior Board Member

Yeah Bill if I can get it it more then justifies the trip, was pounding the lots at an enterprise truck lot (just outside of LA area), he had 15 or so, 2002's freightliner columbians listed all at about 600k miles, he was asking 39,900 and laughed at my 32k cash offer n said no way.
Hmmm I came here n will possibly offer 20k in the morning and hope he bites (a 1 year older truck, less miles for about 15k less (true columbian is a little better then sterling but 15k more???hmmm), but kinda want to go by that auction first, but dunno.
They had a lot of Petes n KW's listed at that Coastal auction so kinda wana go look b4 I bite on this 1.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:57 PM
Senior Board Member

Personal opinion,I would atleast go to the auction and see what they have,you made the trip don't settle on the Sterling,believe me it will still be there later.

Small wheelbase like that will beat the crap out of you and I think you can find a much better road tractor.