User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2007, 02:19 PM
BANNED
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I had a lube done at Bosselman Travel Centers in Nebraska ( just before you hit I-76 ) and i got premium PM. After i payed my dues i went on by my business. Week passed by when i figured my oil level is dropping rapidly, stopped in AZ to check my oil again just to find out that it was on my minimum, what caused it, well, both of my filters were just about to fall off because they were not tightened enough. I was shocked that someone who calls themselves mechanic would ,,NOT DO'' this, one of the most vital things in the PM process..
Old 02-09-2007, 11:56 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3fan
I use Speedco,can't say I follow them thru every aspect of their job.
Funny! Me and my dad were talking the other day about how terrible TA's were :lol: He told me to go to speedco, or else don't change the oil lol.

Speedco does mainly oil changes and the like, and the floors are generally clean enough to eat off (well, not really, but you get my point!)
Old 02-10-2007, 12:55 AM
Senior Board Member

I appreciate all the replys, your wisdom and experience. No matter what they call it, 'the Ultimate', in reality no one's taking care of me except me. I can deal with that. But keep the posts coming, I'm just interested in everyone's experiences and opinions about this.

Allan5oh, you sound like a tinkerer. I met a guy last summer who took his passenger seat out and put in a leather couch. Crazy, he had 20 or thirty gallons of water in back of his tractor- shower and running sink.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:18 AM
Board Regular

Many times, those big truckstops will hire anyone who has a tool box with tools along with a manger who has no truck backgorund.

Perfect example, stopped at a T/A last week for a air leak on my trailer, luckily got a mechanic who did know something and let me hang out in the bay. He had been there 9 years and was ready to leave because if the job involved more than an oil change, he had to do it because no one else knew how, the new manager was at corperate training and was coming from some industry that has nothing to do with trucks or truck repairs. He also told me that the "techs" at the T/A's work on commision, so the more trucks they run through a bay, the more $$$ they make.