User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2007, 12:09 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Fruit hauling out of Yakima

With fruit season right around the corner been tossing around the idea of doing it this year. Still have not sold my truck so considering using it. Not talking long haul but just around the valley. Is it a major pain in the but for what you get paid? Thinking my truck might also be too heavy as it must be about 21,000 full of fuel and gear. Guess Northwestern Hauling out of Selah does a lot of this.

One company out of Sunnyside is advertising $3,000 to $4,000 a month, assume that is for a company truck.

Still no job and getting restless - Not quite ready to throw in the towel and go back over the road though. But would not mind making a run up to Alaska but I doubt that will happen.

Any one know what Leonardo does anymore? Just up there looks like Northwestern has taken over. What does Record Hauling do?

Don't want to play in the snow any more so going over the passes in the winter in a no no with a truck.

So is hauling fruit worth it?
Old 02-03-2007, 12:39 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

you want to run up to AK. but running over Mountains with snow is a No No?? :roll:
Old 02-03-2007, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoopr
you want to run up to AK. but running over Mountains with snow is a No No?? :roll:
I drove up twice with my pickup. First time I think was March and it was light , mild temperatures, and little traffic. Things were just starting to open back up. Went to Valdez, Anchorage and Fairbanks.

Last time I think it was end of September and I went all the way to Prudhoe Bay. Same weather and light traffic.

Pitch black and -70 is not my idea of fun. Was thinking more along the lines of spring or fall. Cost to much to drive up on my own again. This was back in 1995 when I was up there.
Old 02-03-2007, 03:10 AM
Senior Board Member

Slowpoke...Is Leanardo still in business?? Between Can's and apples, they used to do a good bit of running up and down the Valley. Zillah Truck as well.

Be aware..if you plan on hauling fruit, your going to have to have the doubles/trible endorsement, and either pull an A-train, a B-train, or a 53 foot flatbed with quads. if you pull the 53 footer, you will need a liftable steer axle put on your tractor.

Have you considered contacting Tree Top in Selah to see if they ned a truck to do local haul's for them? They do quite a bit of transfer's between plants.

You could also talk with a couple of the wineries there in the area....see if they need a truck for making transfer's.

:moose: