LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2007, 02:02 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Anyone use Truckers Advantage?

Does anyone use this fuel card.

I joined IDA today, and read about this and noticed:

Hundreds of these make up the Truckers Advantage™ Network. In the Truckers Advantage™ Network, when paying for things like fuel and maintenance, you’ll never have transaction fees. You will also receive a minimum $.02 per gallon rebate every time you use your card within the Truckers Advantage™ Network.

*Truckers Advantage rebate sites are subject to change.
Please remember that rebates are not guaranteed.

Will I be a charged a transaction fee when I use the Truckers Advantage™ card to buy fuel? No, there are no transaction fees if you fuel within the Truckers Advantage™ Network.

Is there a sign up fee? Yes and No! If you sign up at one of the 3 shows listed above, there is no sign up fee. If not, there is a $25.00 sign up fee. This cost covers the credit report and other admin fees.

The web site is: http://www.truckersadvantage.com/default.htm

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:05 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I think you mean that you joined OOIDA, not IDA? Truckers Advantage is a fuel card offered through OOIDA and Fleet One. I have used their cards for the last year or two. So far, I have been pleased with them. I don't always get a fuel discount, because of where I fuel. Sometimes they have a very good discount, other times they don't. There is a Pilot in New Mexico where I can get a discount of about $0.20/gallon when I use the card. The only place I can't use it is Flying J. Most every other truck or fuel stop it is accepted. I have never paid a transaction fee unless I use one of their checks. They have Trans Platinum Checks, which are similar to Comdata or TCH. I also use them when I need over-sized permits. They give us a discount on the fees. I checked into Comdata, TCH and T-Check. All had high fees compared to Truckers Advantage.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:31 PM
Board Regular

Thanks GMAN, must have been sleeping on the IDA, yes it was OOIDA. I appreciate the information.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:25 AM

you can beat the discount they offer with a visa and flying J....

Look into it most of there network is mom and pop to get the discount and there fuel is already at Pilot prices or even T/A..... you can pay lees with a CC at alot of other places and save money....

If you use a discover card and get back 5% and they charge you .06 gal for using a CC @ 200 Gal
200* .06 = 12.00

200 x 2.50 = 500.00 x 5% =25.00 you get a total of .06 gal off cash price

I have a T check card because I haul for CH Robinson and its simpler ( CH owns T Check ) .... 1.50 per trans can be used just about anywhere