User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2007, 03:36 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy
So forgive me if it irritates me when someone who has never even has drove for Crete or has been and O/O and failed, tells me I can't do it.
You are correct, I've never drove for Crete, but I'm still in business, and didn't fail so far.
I've also never said, that you "can't do it", I've only posted my opinion, that
it would be almost impassable, to make "PROFIT", at their rate of compensation.
You are not the first, and not the last person, who only hear what you want to hear, so let's say, I'm posting that, for my own amusement, and for a few folks, that don't have that problem! :P 8)
Old 01-30-2007, 05:35 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by -FlyByNight-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy
Quote:
Originally Posted by devildice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kintama
Quote:
Originally Posted by devildice
Did you buy the truck from Crete?
Is there a reason you're avoiding the question???????? I only ask because the sale price and interest rate sound like what Crete advertises on their website.
No I'm not avoiding it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm getting it from a small used car lot.
I personally don't see what difference it makes where he buys the truck. I've done my homework on buying through Crete(Capital Casualty) and it's virtually the same as if you bought through a private institution with the exception of receiving a better interest rate than most would offer, especially for a used truck. That and you're more likely to get an accurate maintenance history of the truck than you would at a used lot.

Here's why I disagree with anyone who claims it's a mistake to buy through Crete(Capital Casualty). I personally spoke with Jack Peetz(executive vice president and chief operating officer of Crete) and asked him if there are any clauses, early termination penalties, minimum time frames, in short ANYTHING negative in the wording of the loan contract if you were to originally get your loan through them and at any later date decide to leave the company before the loan is fully repaid and was assured there's not. You'd simply have to secure financing elsewhere and pay off the remaining balance of the loan if you left.

Trust me, I know it's hard to trust anyone in this day and age. However, Crete is ethical and simply doesn't do business like several of the well known 'fleece purchase' companies out there that shall remain nameless. They don't push their truck purchase program in the least. There's a reason they don't have a reputation for screwing drivers who choose to use their truck purchase program and that reason is because they don't!

It's hard for me to explain what it's like working for Crete to someone who doesn't, because so much of what I get out of working here sounds intangible to someone who's not experiencing it first hand. I'd say words like contentment, honesty, integrity, respect and trust all come together to form piece of mind for me here and that's priceless!
Maybe some of us were interested in what type of deal he got from Crete, it's really that simple. Too often on this board, people make really simple things into a freaking mountain of turds.

:roll:
Old 01-30-2007, 05:58 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Maybe some of us were interested in what type of deal he got from Crete, it's really that simple. Too often on this board, people make really simple things into a freaking mountain of turds.

That is exactly why I asked. It sounds like a decent deal and just wanted to know it it was done through Crete. NOT to slam him...... That simple.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:24 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:

yeah and it's even worse over at the "clown-table" you know that other board.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:52 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
It's hard for me to explain what it's like working for Crete to someone who doesn't, because so much of what I get out of working here sounds intangible to someone who's not experiencing it first hand. I'd say words like contentment, honesty, integrity, respect and trust all come together to form piece of mind for me here and that's priceless
I never challenged what it would be like to work for Crete,as I have heard nothing but the best from most of thier drivers.

I only question whether or not one could make it as a O/O getting 0.96-1.00 a mile?

I also don't think that just because one O/O has spent $7000 on chrome for his truck is very good reason to base your decision,not saying that was the only reason but he stated it not me.

Like I said before and I will say it again,good luck I truly hope it works out and please post experiences here.

Old 01-31-2007, 06:59 AM
Board Regular

Well, I've spoken to several Crete O/O's, most of whom have been here several years and they claim they're more than just surviving. When I ask how at Crete's pay rate, they say it's because they average very low deadhead and receive great discounts on tires and fuel through Crete all while still receiving 100% of the fuel surcharge. I'm just posting what I've heard, so I'm not going to argue these points with anyone here. I'd suggest you find a Crete O/O for that. :wink:
Old 01-31-2007, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Well, I've spoken to several Crete O/O's, most of whom have been here several years and they claim they're more than just surviving.
Me too. I've talked to over 50 of them. But people will still say I'll fail. Whatever...

Quote:
When I ask how at Crete's pay rate, they say it's because they average very low deadhead and receive great discounts on tires and fuel through Crete all while still receiving 100% of the fuel surcharge.
EXACTLY Why would I do something that doesnt make any business sense? To fail and lose all my savings? :roll:

Quote:
I'm just posting what I've heard, so I'm not going to argue these points with anyone here. I'd suggest you find a Crete O/O for that. :wink:
It doesn't matter, there are negative people in this world who love to argue and try to impose their beliefs on everyone they come across.

Again, I think it's funny how those who say I'm going to fail or not make any profit didn't address a statement I made earlier in the thread.

If I can't make it as an O/O with a $1006 a month truck payment for 2 years, and $15k in the bank... there's no hope for anybody.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:01 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
If I can't make it as an O/O with a $1006 a month truck payment for 2 years, and $15k in the bank... there's no hope for anybody.
What you do or don't do has no bearing on me.
Even if you have no truck payment and get 200%FSC it doesn't matter if you can't run down the road and make a profit.

Would you agree that it takes somewhere in the neighborhood of .75 a mile to operate a truck?

What does that leave for drivers wages and profit?

Old 01-31-2007, 11:08 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

If you buy a truck and lease it to a carrier, you should be able to make more money owning than driving for someone. If not, I fail to see the point of buying a truck. Before I would take anyones word that they are doing well in one of these programs, I would want to see some hard figures. But that is just me. Having owned trucks for a number of years, I know what it takes to make it in this business. I know what it takes to break even and make a profit. If you are not making over $1/mile plus 100% of the fsc, then you are going to find it difficult to make much money. You stand a better chance than some because you have $15,000 set aside. I think Crete is a good company to drive for, but I am not so sure about buying a truck from them leasing on. They still have control over your money and if you can't get financing for a truck now and decide to leave, how do you think you will be able to secure financing if you do leave? If it were me, I would find my own financing or wait until I could pay cash for a truck.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:27 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN
I would want to see some hard figures. But that is just me.
And me, and everybody else, with the common sense, and some knowledge of trucking business. 8)