User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2007, 07:58 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

That's a ridiculous rate Steve, well done. I know many guys who've been doing this for years who can't get rates that low out here. I know Progressive doesn't have those kind of rates out here because the agent I and my aforementioned buddy use represents them. Someone mentioned earlier that they got an incorrect quote from Progressive due to their unfamiliarity with commercial vehicles. The numbers were pretty close to yours. Oh well, again, well done.

RostyC, he's through the assigned risk program here in CA. I think there are three insurers involved with Progressive being one but I can't remember the details.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:13 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_worries
That's a ridiculous rate Steve, well done.
Thanks but it was no doing of my own. These insurance companies were the only ones that would insure me and those were the rates. I would think my insurance would be the highest out of anyplace in the US just because of what's within 300 miles of me.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:43 PM
Senior Board Member

I just got off the phone with my friend who's situation is the same as yours. New CDL, New authority, clean record, excellent credit. He's paying approximately $15000 for $1,000,000 liability, $100,000 cargo, and PD on $140,000 with $1000 deductible. The liability and cargo are handled by Progressive and the PD by Liberty Mutual.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:21 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian
what is it with you and money rigidsporty, your all about the money, are you bitter because you used to build bikes with welfare checks (yes I remember the post) and steve could buy his own business cash, it ain`t his fault you used to be broke. hell your not even an O/O just come in here to be a $&!+ disturber.
Welfare????? You better go back and re-read boy! :evil: I work for a living! I was LAID OFF cause my job went overseas. I dont live off the Government tit and you best mind your business import!
Old 01-24-2007, 10:40 PM
Senior Board Member

That's what I was pointing out earlier in the thread. Steve you probably got the wrong quote. I got the same one.4200.00 for 300 mile radius.

Steve did you speak to a Progressive rep or someone who knows truck ins?

From what this lady told me Progressive reps almost always give the wrong quote because they're not familiar with truck ins.

Steve, who did find to insure you?
Old 01-25-2007, 12:48 AM
Senior Board Member

Rosty, that's what I thought too, but he's running with Progressive at that rate. So if somebody did make a mistake they're none the wiser :lol:
Old 01-25-2007, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RostyC
That's what I was pointing out earlier in the thread. Steve you probably got the wrong quote. I got the same one.4200.00 for 300 mile radius.
I guess I'm confused then. If you got the same quote as me why are you saying it's wrong?

I ended up going with a local agent who got me insurance for everything. They matched my current liability insurance and I got a real good deal for the rest of my insurance needs.
Old 01-25-2007, 10:50 AM
Senior Board Member

Ok, when I called progressive a month ago I asked for a quote, this was by calling Progressive and talking to one of THEIR agents. My quote was 42 or 4500. Somewhere in there. 300 mile radius, no steel........etc.

When I called Bay Shore ins (who I got through Canal) the agent informed me that Progressive agents misquote truck insurance rates alot simply because their not well versed in truck insurance. Now, she worked me up a quote through Progressive and it was $11333.00 for coverage. 300 mile radius, no steel......etc.

I didn't ask what would happen if someone tried to run with the lower quote. I would guess that when you have a certificate faxed to a broker their RM department would probably catch it or even sooner, the DOT when you're filing for Authority.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RostyC

I didn't ask what would happen if someone tried to run with the lower quote. I would guess that when you have a certificate faxed to a broker their RM department would probably catch it or even sooner, the DOT when you're filing for Authority.
I'm looking at the policy right now and it looks fine. I also had it faxed by Progressive to every broker I carried for and it was fine. I got my authority and everything else with that policy. I know of a few other people that are running with the same policy and price. I think it would be crazy for anyone to complain that they are not paying enough for there insurance and to grab it if it's offered.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:31 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

If you can find an insurance broker, not an agent for one specific company, you may be able to get better rates, since they usually shop the insurance coverage with several companies. I have my car insurance with Progressive. I got a better rate by going through my current insurance broker than they quoted me when I called the company directly. Go figure. You would think you could get a better deal going direct. Perhaps they think they will need to be more competitive with the broker since he is in a position of sending more business to them.

I am in the process of renewing my truck insurance. My broker is shopping the coverage for me. Some things which can affect your premium and even if you can get coverage is the type of cargo hauled and where you run. If you run through certain cities, your premium could be higher than if you run in other areas. For instance, if you run in New York you could pay a higher premium than someone who runs in San Antonio. Canal was very high for my insurance. I believe they were almost double what I currently pay. Since I have had no claims, I should pay a lower premium this year, but we shall see. I think the amount of claims a company has to pay out also has an impact on premiums. If they pay out a lot in claims, they need to recover that loss with higher premiums.