User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2007, 03:30 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Mackman, as much as it pains me to say this. Those west coast dumps ain't so crazy if you think about it. More weight over more axles. Easier on the roads and alot easier to stop. I am sure you have noticed the difference between your dad's tri when it is loaded even to 73280 and your TT loaded to 80 stopping. That tri takes alot more room.

What I do like about "east coast" dump trucks is that we don't have nearly the tire bill those super 18's do.

Now of course getting those super 18's and transfers into a job site has gotta be interesting. This summer I saw a super 18 from Va come up our way and he hauled one load of the hot rock and was put off the job because he was just too long.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:49 AM
Default DUMP TRUCKS

Yeah, you try hauling over 70,000 on a tri-axle, in Az, AND GET CAUGHT?
You've had it!!!! a dollar, for every pound over the legal limit, & God knows, what other fines you'll get!!!
Besides, that sounds really hard on the truck, suspension, etc......
The super 18's are too big on some jobs, the strong arm is a reall pain in the ass!!!! For my tri-axle KW T800, 62,000 limit.........
The only cool thing about Ca, is that their bridge laws, don't allow super
14's 16's 18's, thank God, can you imagine how many supers there would
be???? :roll:
Old 01-22-2007, 05:06 AM
Senior Board Member

I have never seen a strong arm in action. Kinda looks like a pain in the rear. Always wondered how it worked in a paver or when getting loaded and how it affects the truck going down the road.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:36 PM
Senior Board Member

Lieghtweight tri in Nc = 18tons, Quad = 21-22 tons, Quint = 24-25 tons, Truck with Quad trailer = 24-26 tons.
Old 02-11-2007, 01:00 AM

Are they asking to be addionally insured? If so it's common practice. In CA we have been overtaken by "super 10's" just a 3 axle dump with a 4th drop axle added,bed lenths range from 15 to 18 feet. The CHP is trying to reign them in a bit down here but they are everywhere. The srong arms are doing well,they are an oversized 3 axle dump with a booster axle like a cement mixer,they really only haul hot asphalt. But for hauling material a transfer just can't be beat! I was told that AZ did have a BIT program of sorts,I don't think the CHP is profiting off of the BIT though, they are horribly under staffed,I just had an "administrative review" he looked at my drug program and that was it.