Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2007, 10:40 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler15301
knowledge and advice from our learned naysayers (who are actually quite correct most of the time, albeit in a negative, condescending and sometimes derogatory tone)
:mrgreen:
Old 01-12-2007, 02:34 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamboner
I'm a big fan also, but I would like to see this go to a blog site. That way I wouldn't have to listen to all the negative chatter going on here. I can't believe all the people here that are Super Truckers and never had to learn anything about trucking! :shock:
Negativity doesn't exist. It's a perception. Take the information at face value.....it might actually be quite valuable.

For example, Rev once posted that the biggest myth in trucking was that the more miles you run, the more money you make.

Truer (sp?) words were never spoken.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:22 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rank
Quote:
I'm a big fan also, but I would like to see this go to a blog site. That way I wouldn't have to listen to all the negative chatter going on here. I can't believe all the people here that are Super Truckers and never had to learn anything about trucking! :shock:
Negativity doesn't exist. It's a perception. Take the information at face value.....it might actually be quite valuable.

For example, Rev once posted that the biggest myth in trucking was that the more miles you run, the more money you make.

Truer (sp?) words were never spoken.
Yeah? Maybe...., but now all they want to do is bust his balls 24/7.

Everyone on here at somepoint had to learn the same things Steve has been learning these last few weeks. But they think they are so beyond admiring what steve is doing. I dont actually think it is an accomplishment like others on here, but I do think Steve has been very successfull at what he has done thus far.

Its not like Steve went out and bought the best trucks and equipment and is trying to rub it in everyones face. He simply went out and purchased a descent truck and trailer and is gonna try to make money with it. I think that says it all right there.... The fact he didnt go to some bullshit starter company and pay his dues is why every one is jealous and pissed.

Steve is gonna be a helluva trucker because he is determined to follow his dream and be successfull. He has already made quite a few contacts and most of all he is down right DETERMINED! Everyone needs to take the energy they spend bashing steves thread and put it into there own business, so they can be half as successfull as steve when it is all said and done!
Old 01-12-2007, 11:57 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
The fact he didnt go to some bullshit starter company and pay his dues is why every one is jealous and pissed.
I don't think anybody's jealous. They (OK we) were just trying to help in their own way and probably expected slightly different respones.

But I agree, it's getting old. Anybody bashing now is late to the party. :wink:
Old 01-12-2007, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADLUX
It woudl be nice if we can stop the personal attacks, some time this year :evil:

Amen bro! It is absurd
Old 01-12-2007, 08:00 PM

[quote="rank"]
Quote:
They (OK we) were just trying to help in their own way.

I don't believe that for a second. I think some people just like ripping on anyone who does not do things the way they think they should.
Old 01-12-2007, 08:32 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

You know, the problem is two-sided. On one side, you've got people with a plethora of experience, that have a differing view from the driver that is just getting started. Experience is what makes it in this industry and newbies would be best served by LISTENING to the advice. Now granted, some of those experience individuals could take some lessons on tact and how to present themselves so that the message does not get lost in sourness. But generally, attitudes aside, the message is sound advice.

Then on the other side, you've got a newbie who has done an admirable job getting himself started up, covering his bases, and doing all right for himself. Problem is, he is still inexperienced and could benefit greatly from the advice of "old-timers", sour or not. The problem arises when the attitude displayed is one of haughtiness, thus provoking less-than-favorable responses from those that have been doing it for a while. In addition, the groupie-thing doesn't help anyone. It gives the driver an over-inflated sense of safety and generally ticks off the experienced people, thus making sure that fully 100% of the posters on this board (including the mods who have to go through this stuff) are disenfranchised in one way or another.

So my advice is pretty simple to everyone.

KNOCK IT OFF!!!

Closed Thread