User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2006, 09:16 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Clay Rambler
"I think your head is already swollen. This thread really comes off as you bragging about how successful you are, and no one is as business savy as yourself. If you're such a star, why didn't you give him some advice? Maybe sit down with the guy and go over why he failed and maybe share some of your knowledge with him.
Sounds like the guy was too busy complaining to listen to advice from GMAN or anyone.

GMAN is the most humble, objective, helpful poster on any forum I have read. If there were more people like him in trucking, the industry would be alot better off.[/quote]

I second that.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:25 AM
Rookie

gonna have to third that 8)

I looked and looked for a few months, and then one day fate took me to E-bay (I was looking for a motorcycle for my girl), and there was this truck,..and only 100 miles from home.
I called the guy and he told me he would end his auction if I offered the right price.
The only catch was that the truck had been titled in another state and was reported stolen a few years ago. (The truck was "stolen" by the OO who thought the company "owed" him this truck),...he promptly hid the truck in a barn, and it took a year to locate it (so the story goes). Then it took another year for the new owner ( the guy I bought it from) to get the title cleared in Florida. By then he had enough of dodging the codes inspector and parking the thing (with no plates) between his girls house and his,.....he then put it up on E-Bay,....and the rest is history,...(except for the $7,000 in repairs).
The title was verified at the DMV before I took possession of the truck. Then I put in the shower/toilet and all its plumbing, the kitchen, and the electrical system ,......down the road I go.

I still have a few thing to repair, but so far its like the energizer bunny, it keeps goin',and goin' and goin'.

The trailer was much easier!!!
Old 11-07-2006, 05:04 AM

I think your head is already swollen. This thread really comes off as you bragging about how successful you are, and no one is as business savy as yourself. If you're such a star, why didn't you give him some advice? Maybe sit down with the guy and go over why he failed and maybe share some of your knowledge with him.[/quote]

Maybe you should read the post again. He said the man would not let him get a word in edgewise. This man was obviously pissed off at the world and nothing G-man said was going to change that. Some people need to help themselves before others can help them. Your post was just a little unfair considering you were not there to hear exactly what the man said.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:40 AM
Rookie
Default Please don't let your head get too big...

G Man...Please don't let your head swell from all of this, or you'll have to call 9-1-1 to have 'em come cut that mask off!! :lol:
Old 11-08-2006, 02:13 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Oh man, not the mask!!! :lol: :wink:
Old 11-08-2006, 03:49 AM
floored
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

When I go to the school to talk with the students I tell them a few key things. One of them being "Never burn any bridges and you never know who can open a door for you". I think a lot of people forget that in life no matter the profession, and I myself wouldn't be where i am today without having a few doors opened for me along the way, many by people I least expected to do so.

Take it or leave it..
Old 11-08-2006, 09:50 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN
Oh man, not the mask!!! :lol: :wink:
That thing looks like it could get some tight. Me personally, I have to take my trucker's cap right off immediately every time mine swells up, so'sn the adjuster band don't snap. :lol: 8)