User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2006, 01:08 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Getting started with a dump truck

I own a small grading company and have just purchased a dump truck so I can haul out when I clear land. I would like to have my dump truck working all week and I cannot support that with my company alone. Any advise about the best way to get connected? We have a few rock quarries in my area and I am also hearing that there is work and money hauling boulders. I have an AR 450 heavy steel 16' dump. I am sure many have good advise about the best way to enter a truck into the local market.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:39 PM
Board Icon

Not sure about NC but here in the Central VA area, guys who run from the quarries are selling their dump trucks like crazy to make back what money they can. I have a buddy who runs locally for a mom and pop company with like 5 trucks total. They do not run quarries but maybe once or twice a month since the market for home building here has slowed way down. Instead they work with commerical companies that are building malls and stuff hauling out dirt and other debris. Your best bet is to try and get on with other land clearing companies who do not have trucks and therefore have to hire out. Some even hire out to run asphalt when they have nothing else to do.