User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2006, 03:57 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Software for IFTA

My IFTA is due, this will be my very first time. Any advice? should I hire an expert or buy a chip and dependable software? please any suggestion will help.

Thanks
Old 10-08-2006, 12:42 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

As long as you have kept track of your miles it isn't a big deal to transpose them to the tax sheet for IFTA. There are several software packages available which you can use, or you could use a spreadsheet, such as Excel. You can go online and import the tax tables directly into your spreadsheet. If you want to get a better picture of your business, you could buy some fairly inexpensive software. There may be some which will only do your IFTA for you, but you can find software packages for as little as about $100.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:28 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN
As long as you have kept track of your miles it isn't a big deal to transpose them to the tax sheet for IFTA. There are several software packages available which you can use, or you could use a spreadsheet, such as Excel. You can go online and import the tax tables directly into your spreadsheet. If you want to get a better picture of your business, you could buy some fairly inexpensive software. There may be some which will only do your IFTA for you, but you can find software packages for as little as about $100.

Thank you GMAN

can you give me the name of a good, dependable, and inexpensive software that will also do IFTA.

thanks
Old 10-08-2006, 10:44 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

There are several packages on the market. Most offer a free demo on line. There is one which I have called Easy Trucking. It will do what you want and sells for about $149 (www.2omni.com). If you are a member of OOIDA you can get a discount on the purchase. Another one that I like is Truckers Helper (www.truckershelper.com). They have an owner operator version which does IFTA taxes for about $179. I have spoken to a couple of owner operators who felt that Truckers Helper was a little more complicated to use than some of the others. One package that I use is Trucknpro, but it doesn't do the IFTA taxes, as of yet. I think that they will offer that at some point. The owner operator version sells for about $75 (www.foglinesoftware.com). All three of these companies offer free on line demo's. There are quite a few on the market. Most sell from $100-300. Some sell for more than $2,000. The best thing to do is try them and see which one you like best. Let me know what you think of them.