User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2007, 06:17 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

the way fuel is going and this is becoming a very unstable bussines.
Iv'e been driving for 15 years and started my business in 2000 .
I't seems to be getting from better to worst . I usedto get fuel @ $1.35 per gallon now fuel is up to $3.00 a gallon and the rates havent change much.
One of the reasons I'm getting by is that my trucks are paid for.
I'm in the proces of getting a used trailer only because here in colorado
there i'snt a company worth houling most will pay enough for your fuel & maintenance At times you make less than a driver.
I have a mack & wich I'm making endsmeat with, and a kenworth wich is still in illinois.

I'm tryng to get my kenworth to colorado but things must be so bad that nobody is willing to come this way for $2.00 a mile .
Old 09-18-2007, 01:53 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISMAR132
I'm tryng to get my kenworth to colorado but things must be so bad that nobody is willing to come this way for $2.00 a mile .
I just got a load from Mass to Colorado for $1.90 but that is rare. I think $1.50 is more realistic as far as what you can expect.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:25 PM
Board Regular
Default Re: longevity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutout
my truck is in far condition, i try to stay on top of everything. in your experience, this truck has 1,150,000 miles on it, 175k in an inframe rebuild. new turbo, new brakes, all new hoses, new exhaust, new radiator, new water pump, rebuilt oil cooler, new shocks, 95 percent rubber. can you keep up with this old of a truck when major things like engine, tranny, rear ends need rebuilding? my mechanic says he can get anything for this truck. my question is what would you consider the break point. i don't need a new truck for vanity sake, but i sure wish i had a few more gears (9 speed) thanks for your help in advance guys. i read all your comments.
Hey, sounds like the truck I have. A truck is really a motor and four tires with a seat bolted to it and isn't that hard to keep 100% just about forever. As long as it is reasonably aerodynamic with a pre-2002 electronic motor (AKA fuel efficent) you're cool 8) .
Old 10-14-2007, 02:59 AM
Rookie

thanks for the encouragement guys, i'm still moving pretty slow in changing professions. truck still doing good!! looking for the best apu for the money?
Old 10-14-2007, 03:18 AM
Rookie
Default Lease Purchase/ Yoopr

Yoopr, you have been around almost as long as me(1972). Do you remember Midwestern Distribution, Ft Scott Ks. - "For 1 dollar, you can own this truck".

Just in simple terms - Most of these L/P have always been to take advantage of the guys who just want to own a truck. They are always to the benefit of the company. Companies like to measure ROA (return on assets). They get these trucks off their balance sheet. That makes ROA look very nice, making money with no investment in assets. They transfer their liabilities to you. In financial world, they bump up their numbers at your expense.

You really are just buying a job. And not a very good job at that.