User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2006, 12:22 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Opinions On This Truck...

I have an option to purchase a 1995 VOLVO WCA64T for $16k. I'm not sure about the maintance records or and other details on this truck at this time. I test drove the truck and looked it over pretty good. I'm open for opinions on this truck, I think the price is right. I think is has a CAT 435, with a 10 speed. Thanks for the help.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:35 AM
Senior Board Member

If you are buying from a company or dealer, right off the bat check the BBB. Better Business Bureau. They will have on record any complaints in the last three years. This will at least tell you if it is a decent place your buying from. If they are a reputable company they should be selling decent equipment.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:54 AM
Board Icon
Default Re: Opinions On This Truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neckster
I have an option to purchase a 1995 VOLVO WCA64T for $16k. I'm not sure about the maintance records or and other details on this truck at this time. I test drove the truck and looked it over pretty good. I'm open for opinions on this truck, I think the price is right. I think is has a CAT 435, with a 10 speed. Thanks for the help.
Without mileage, a name and a price is pretty much useless. But you are probably getting what you pay for, which at $16,000, isn't much.
Old 09-12-2006, 03:21 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

If the truck looks decent and is in good shape, it is probably worth about $7,500 to $10,000. I have looked at several, that were in good shape, I could have bought for around $7-8,000. If it has had a rebuild on the engine or major work performed, it could be worth more. More information is needed to give a fair evaluation.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:14 PM
Floored
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

If your checking on price look at truckpaper.com to see what others are selling for, that will give you an idea if its a good buy or to look elsewhere.

If you decide to buy it get a Dyno test done on it and an inspection. The dyno will tell you a lot about the trucks engine, the inspection would cover you on the rest. Your looking at $400 maybe to do both inspections (at least here in Sacramento).

To me a $16,000 truck is just that. A cheap truck. May need to put $$ into it, may run for a year with no problems. If its clean and seems to drive to your likings go for it. I'd rather have a cheap truck I could pay cash for or pay off in a year over a 90,000 truck anyday.

Cat engines if maintained can go over a million easy before a overhaul. Some old school guys like to have em done in the 700k range. Depends on the owner. With any truck you should have 10k in the bank if you can to cover repairs if they come up.

Best of luck.
Old 09-12-2006, 11:12 PM
Senior Board Member

I wouldnt pay 16 grand for it
Old 09-12-2006, 11:27 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Opinions On This Truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neckster
I know a lady in Indiana that has a 95 WCA64 for $12000 negotiable, the truck has 524000 original miles, came from a race team, then was used locally. She had it for about 2 yrs. I will pm her number to you.