User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2006, 03:08 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackman
My dad is a O/O all he has is his DOT# and that's it no name nothing esle at all. He said he never got a ticket or been asked about it. Its in a tri axle dump truck.
Well today he got stopped my Delaware DOT and they asked him where his name was on the side of the truck. Didn't give him a ticket but said to get all his info on the door. They said the DOT# is not a enough. But he likes the look of his plan jane truck so hes not going to put his name on it. I hope he has his check book out to pay them fines.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 09-09-2006, 06:23 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExchangeMan
Even without hauling commercially yet, I still need to carry all the usual stuff with me like IFTA, cab card, medical long form, proof of insurance and properly filled out log book with compliance with HOS.
What is a medical long form? I just have my medical card from my physical.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:49 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

The physician who does your physical must fill out a long medical form for the DOT physical. You should have received a copy when you got your medical card. He should be able to give you a copy.
Old 09-15-2006, 06:27 AM

like USDOT, you have your state's dot, in my case, TXDOT123456789
I have my company's name
I have my town and state of operation
NO vin # on my truck on the outside
fire ext inside

I was told they had to be 3" so that's what they are.
I love JackRabbit's answer, nothing, lol, is that like when I went to OK to buy my belly dump--no current tags, no inspection, but I DID have ins. going into OK and I'm TX. Outlaw, but you do what you have to do to get started.
Old 09-15-2006, 01:07 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

You are not required to have your vin number on the side of your truck except in Colorado. If you don't have the vin number on the truck you will need to go inside each weigh station in that state. You won't get a ticket, but will lose some time. I just go ahead and put the vin number on my trucks so I don't have to worry about it.
Old 09-16-2006, 12:56 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: lettering on the truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by number9
Okay, going to get new lettering for our truck and need to know what has to be on the truck. Anyone got a link to a website that tells what all has to be on the truck ie. US DOT, KYU, VIN, etc......and any size/color/font restrictions, guidelines that need to be followed. I have used the search function and can't find what I am looking for.
i got a 340 ticket in south carolina last year for "schneider national"(company i lease my truck to) not being eye level ........i have a century class and mine has side windows in the bunk... it was right above the bottom window
Old 09-16-2006, 01:17 AM
Rookie

Steve if I were you I would reconsider putting my phone number on the truck. With the lawsuit happy public out there anymore I'm afraid that you could be asking for trouble with phone number on the truck. If you notice a lot of the bigger Carriers are painting out their phone numbers that's on the back doors of their trailers. If there's a true liability issue then your MC number is good enough. As far as advertising I think it would be better getting a bunch of business cards so you can be selective in targeting your advertising, just my .02.
Old 09-16-2006, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosshog53
Steve if I were you I would reconsider putting my phone number on the truck. With the lawsuit happy public out there anymore I'm afraid that you could be asking for trouble with phone number on the truck. If you notice a lot of the bigger Carriers are painting out their phone numbers that's on the back doors of their trailers. If there's a true liability issue then your MC number is good enough. As far as advertising I think it would be better getting a bunch of business cards so you can be selective in targeting your advertising, just my .02.
Funny you should mention that. I was just noticing some trucks and there phone numbers were blanked out. I thought maybe the drivers did it. Well, so much for the phone number on my truck!! Thanks!
Old 09-21-2006, 01:07 PM

Thanks for all the help guys. Got my lettering sorted out, laid out the way I wanted it and they are on the way to me now and I plan to put them on this weekend. I went with the lease company name/city/state on the door - the MC/KYU/DOT on the cab extenders (with VIN on passenger side) - new Fire Extinguisher Inside lettering - and our company name above the DOT letters on the cab extenders.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by number9
Thanks for all the help guys. Got my lettering sorted out, laid out the way I wanted it and they are on the way to me now and I plan to put them on this weekend. I went with the lease company name/city/state on the door - the MC/KYU/DOT on the cab extenders (with VIN on passenger side) - new Fire Extinguisher Inside lettering - and our company name above the DOT letters on the cab extenders.
What do you mean they are on there way? Did you order them online some place and if so, where?