User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2009, 11:56 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Looks like the Swift O/O bit off more than he can chew. Bottom feeding A-hole. Guys need work and hes trying to pull fast ones on unemployed drivers. I mean god damn theres guys answering help wanted threads that are two years old. I side with Rev on this one.
Old 12-19-2009, 07:51 PM
Rookie
Default Do you still need drivers?

I am 48 years old and have 2 and a half years OTR experience. If you still need someone please e-mail me at [email protected] Thanks, and Merry Christmas!
Old 12-20-2009, 12:38 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernpride View Post
NEW? EXPERIENCED? or anywhere in between....
Well, I have experience, and have a wife with a CDL. Up until a few years ago, we did run team. I've already put in for my retirement, but for the right situation, I could come out of retirement.
Quote:
I'm lookng for TEAMS or a SWIFT CERTIFIED MENTOR, to run 2 trucks. If you are not already a team, but a solo driver who is willing to team, please contact me. Both trucks will be leased on to Swift.
Well, I've also been a trainer, though, never with (not so) Swift.
Quote:
As to avoid any confusion and so that expectaions are clear right up front:
Trucks- KW T660 or T2000. both are 2009
Drivers will be paid % of Truck income.

Team drivers (brand new) should have no problem averaging 33cpm
(or about 750/wk for 4500 mi. per driver)
experienced drivers up to 45cpm.
(1000+ per driver for 4500 mi)
What does (not so) Swift have for a company speed limit? About 62.5 mph average? If so, then 4500 miles / week will put them over their 70 hours. Care to try something more realistic? (4500/62.5+72)

Quote:
4500 mile weeks are average. You could run more or less some weeks. thats up to you.

I expect each truck to run a certain # of miles per month, you determine what how long you have to stay out to get the miles. There are miles here for Team drivers. You just have to run hard and be willing to work. 14,000 miles/month is easily obtainable. I run 18,000+ with students without pushing too hard and getting good home time.
Now, I do take issue. 18000 with students, without pushing too hard. HORSE APPLES! ! ! ! ! Read between the lines, and you're one of the A--HOLES running students in a team situation. Might as well just turn them loose with keys, truck, fuel card, and freight. They don't get a damned bit of training when you're sleeping in the bunk. That is not where the TRAINER is supposed to be while the trainee is driving.
Quote:
Unless you are 100% sure you can run hard and team, this is not 4 you.
***DRIVERS WILL BE CONTRACTORS NOT EMPLOYEES*** (but this may change)

Trucks:
both have sirius included
cobra 29 stock cbs, but you can put your own in if you like.
standard cab (i think the t2000 has more space)
40qt cooler
bunk heater.
Qualcomm

I pay for everything other than showers and hotels. (unless breakdown)
Fuel is at the drivers discretion but using swift terminals GREATLY increases profit, which increases pay for all three of us. The team will run the truck, and i will only get involved if there is a problem. Bonuses will be available for those who earn them and will be agreed to before you start driving. Everything will be in writing non of the he said she said stuff.
And, before I sign it, can I take it to one of OOIDAs lawyers? What do you want to bet, I get advised not to sign it?
Quote:
I am a family man and a Christian, and therefore believe that your time on the road should be utilized to increase the quality and quantity of time at home. Honesty and integrity are a vital.

ps. Payroll is professionally handled and predictable, direct deposit is available. Not issues with pay. EVER! You see what the truck makes, no secrets. its all above board here.
Quality and quantity of time at home? Really? Last time we ran team, the quality time spent at home was spent sleeping. And, for the "quantity", that came up a bit short. Sounds more to me like you are the one that plans to get the "quantity". Then, on top of that, signed on with (not so) Swift? Ummm.... Naw. I don't think so. Even at $0.60/mile, I don't think so. There are far better places to pull for than them. Nope. I do believe I'll stay retired.

Old 01-04-2010, 02:34 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
What does (not so) Swift have for a company speed limit? About 62.5 mph average? If so, then 4500 miles / week will put them over their 70 hours. Care to try something more realistic? (4500/62.5+72)
Please don’t think I’m sticking up for this “businessman”, ‘cause I agree he’s up to no good, but my normal cruising speed is between 60 and 62 mph and we usually average about 22k miles a month without killing ourselves. Most nights we have time to pull over and sleep together for at least six hours and quite often we will sit for most of a day on either Saturday or Sunday. In 2009, we took ALL of June off and still ran 194,787 odometer miles. In fact, we had 111 days off (at home) last year. How many miles you can run depends a lot on where you run, average length of run, whether or not you have to wait for another load once empty, how much drop & hook you have, and how efficient you are once you are moving.

Quote:
Now, I do take issue. 18000 with students, without pushing too hard. HORSE APPLES! ! ! ! ! Read between the lines, and you're one of the A--HOLES running students in a team situation.
That or his idea of training is him driving 4,500 miles and the student driving 1,000 while he sleeps in the passenger seat. This is why I told my wife to take a bus home after three days with a SWIFT so-called trainer.

Quote:
Quality and quantity of time at home? Really? Last time we ran team, the quality time spent at home was spent sleeping. And, for the "quantity", that came up a bit short. Sounds more to me like you are the one that plans to get the "quantity". Then, on top of that, signed on with (not so) Swift? Ummm.... Naw. I don't think so. Even at $0.60/mile, I don't think so. There are far better places to pull for than them. Nope. I do believe I'll stay retired.
I can tell you what has likely happened here. This “businessman” went out and got his own authority and contracted with Swift thinking that surely with his own authority he could turn a profit. He found out that due to rates dropping like a rock over the last 16 months, he was at best averaging maybe $1.10 per ODOMETER mile and that the only way he could make ANY money and not drive a truck himself was to find a couple of dimwits who just wouldn’t know when they were getting screwed over. Have you noticed how many brand new lease operator or contract carrier trucks are out there pulling Swift trailers? Swift is pulling a huge amount of freight at a loss (if they have company drivers run the loads) so they (and some other larger carriers) are really pushing people into trucks and even urging them to get their own authority so they can screw them and make at least a little profit . They really are shameless.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:08 PM
Rookie
Default team driver

Seeking owner operator for otr experience. Clean dmv and background, christian willing to work for free during training. have previous experience 20 years ago delivering local. matt 831-435-1136 located near san jose ca,
Old 01-19-2010, 07:42 PM
Rookie

southernpride::: I would be proud to work for you, just reading all the blogs and the responses, man you know and are on top of your business. If you still need a driver contact me at 602 989 5436. My wife and I have team with US Express and then I worked for another O/O. Perfer the O/O vs the big companies. You may also contact at [email protected].