User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2008, 05:04 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raodhawg View Post
In the 6 1/2 years I have been a member of CAD I have posted 2 dozen request for employment. In that time I have never found any work from the site nor have there been any viable resources either. In fact, with the 2 dozen postings, there has only been a half dozen replies and those were from people like:

"Brentleys Paving & Grading" who held me up for two weeks waiting to pick up a truck and then completely flaking and leaving me hanging with no explanation or returning calls.

"MBMM LLC." This guy wasted 48 minutes on my cell phone trying to get me to buy his truck sight unseen for $43,000.00 + 10% interest, then leasing back on to him where I would receive 65% of the loads, pay for the fuel, insurance and a whole list of other things. The kicker is, he didn't even have a running company yet!! this was all based on speculation!

"Bev Contacts" after going through the time and expense of getting cleared through Panther Lines, tells me I'm hired and even buys me a plane ticket. When I told him that the time he selected wasn't going to be made but I would make the next flight at no expense to him, he loses his ever flipping mind and goes postal! Now hes out a driver and a plane ticket.

Not including all the people that email me to say that they are also looking for employment and was wondering how my search was going as theres weren't going well.

Now I am waiting once again on a perspective employer to call me and let me know how I'm going to pick up a truck in the mid-west, he hasn't returned emails or phone calls in 3 days after telling me to call him. Go figure another one from CAD.

So the questions are:
Am I wasting my time trying to find anything with CAD?
Are the only people on CAD scammers and flakes with nothing better to do then screw with people who are trying to find honest work?

For those who think I'm just whining, heres to you, :dung: ENJOY!

The title of this Forum-- itself should answer most of your questions WHY right there:

Let's see I'm a Owner Operator looking for a 'hand' that's looking to drive one of my very few < 5 trucks? Am I going to trust 1/5 of my business to a "sight" unseen driver- that posted on a message board? Or actually meet a guy on the road- face to face, maybe run with him a few miles and buy him a cup of coffee. Or have someone I know/ currently driving one of my few trucks-recommend someone.

Last edited by headborg; 10-09-2008 at 08:16 AM.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:27 AM
Senior Board Member
Location: In my own little world, that rides right behind the cab.

I agree with Headborg, some of these people that come on here with "Attitude" don't need/want/deserve a job !!! I hired a guy that posted here looking for work. His responce was "Wow it worked, what can I tell you about me". I used to run two trucks, my regular "light weight" to pay the bills then came home to get the heavy hauler when needed to make real $$$$s. Was thinking on retiring but didn't know what I would do with myself. Saw a guy on here that sounded "interesting". Made a trip to Tuscaloosa to meet him and then, after a few more conversations, made a deal. He has my other truck (light weight) and does with it what he wants. I hear from him a couple of times a week either "Hey boss I had to buy a ????" or "I took a real sh11ty load to move outa here, sorry" or "Hey, how's it going havn't talked to you in a while" but it is his truck to run, a 2006 kw 900L with a 53 ft 3 axle Doonan low step.
Would I have turned roadhawg loose on a deal like that ??? I don't think so !!!!!! to much "You all big truck owners owe me"
Old 07-29-2009, 08:43 PM
Rookie
Default reply from Levinej

I was hired by CRST the first time I submitted my application on CAD
Old 07-29-2009, 10:23 PM
Senior Board Member
Location: In my own little world, that rides right behind the cab.

I ended up semi retiring in Feb., decided to do Heavy Haul for just my regular people, so signed the truck and trailer over to him (both free and clear) so posting on CAD can pay off . When he started running for himself he didn't have the $$$$'s for day to day so let him use my fuel card for a couple of months till he built up an account
Old 07-30-2009, 02:39 AM
Default post

Me thinks this is an old post, like 9/08 but hey; who am I to say.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:28 PM
Rookie
Default WOW Talk about dredging up the dead

I posted that quite a long time ago, after receiving 4 or 5 totally and completely flakey responses. It was not intended to insult anyone, nor was I insinuating that everyone on CAD were flakes. I was heated and stressed so after the last straw was was placed on the camels back, I got angry and thus posted what would be my stigmata. I apologize to everyone who may have took offense as it was not my intention to offend anyone. I hope that this can finally be put to rest. I do though want to reply to the guy with 5 trucks. these were all so called companies that either had me go through all the hoops and then just completely flaking without returned calls or anything or in the one case where I was in the middle of moving when the person ordered a plane ticket and I wasn't going to make the flight I offered to pay the additional for the re-ticketing but the person went into such a tizzy they told me to F-off and hung up. It wasn't that I had an attitude or I was asking him to trust me sight unseen. Also, I am just as deserving as anyone who is wanting, willing and asking for work. Work, not handouts.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:34 PM
Rookie
Default So what is the successful ways to go?

I'd like to know what works for you to get good decent job offers. I know how frustrating it is to get one or two flaky experiences and it just can ruin your faith in human nature. Let's help raodhawg and others better their life.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:13 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CATruckersWife View Post
I'd like to know what works for you to get good decent job offers. I know how frustrating it is to get one or two flaky experiences and it just can ruin your faith in human nature. Let's help raodhawg and others better their life.
And, just how do you propose to do that?

We could give them the winning numbers to the POWERBALL DRAWING...
Of course, they'd have to stand in line behind me.

Give them a ticket to NASA, to hitch a ride to an uninhabited planet. No competition for jobs at all.

Yes, I did read his post. If you're looking for a job for 6+ years, you get a plane ticket... And, you don't go??? What do you expect? An engraved invitation?

Back when my wife had cancer, I wanted to stay home and be with her. Hold her hand. Make sure she got to treatment. Make sure she had what she needed. But, there was one other thing we both needed. We both had to eat. We got neighbors and relatives to help out, and I went running across Canada to the northeast.

You put in an application. You get contacted. You're hired and have a plane ticket to start a job and have an income. And, you turn out to be a "NO-SHOW". Knowing that, do you think for one minute that if I have a job opening, I'm going to bother with you? If you won't show up for the other guy, you won't show up for me either. Why should I waste my time and a phone call on you. In this economy, there are more applicants than jobs. You want me to give you a job, YOU NEED TO IMPRESS ME.

From what I've read so far, I certainly am not impressed, and I doubt any prespective employers are either.

Old 11-18-2009, 03:34 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by raodhawg View Post
I posted that quite a long time ago, after receiving 4 or 5 totally and completely flakey responses. It was not intended to insult anyone, nor was I insinuating that everyone on CAD were flakes. I was heated and stressed so after the last straw was was placed on the camels back, I got angry and thus posted what would be my stigmata. I apologize to everyone who may have took offense as it was not my intention to offend anyone. I hope that this can finally be put to rest. I do though want to reply to the guy with 5 trucks. these were all so called companies that either had me go through all the hoops and then just completely flaking without returned calls or anything or in the one case where I was in the middle of moving when the person ordered a plane ticket and I wasn't going to make the flight I offered to pay the additional for the re-ticketing but the person went into such a tizzy they told me to F-off and hung up. It wasn't that I had an attitude or I was asking him to trust me sight unseen. Also, I am just as deserving as anyone who is wanting, willing and asking for work. Work, not handouts.
I can totally understand your frustration brother. I myself am looking to break into the business with only my new liscense and no experience. The only company willing to give me a shot locally is still jerking me around for over 2 weeks as i show up to train with someone and they either don't show up or don't wanna train me.
I have no other options but to keep showing up everyday(not only not getting paid but it cost me $250.00 for them to train me)and hope i hook up with someone that is nice enough to remember when they needed a break and couldn't get one.
Keep the faith bud. It's all that keeps me getting up everyday.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:33 PM
Senior Board Member

I'm haveing problems right now but I suspect that has something to do with the economy. 2 years ago I posted and within 2 days Risinger Brothers called me and I was driving for them a week later at .37 cpm, not to bad for someone that had just over a year driving