User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2005, 06:41 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Basic road weight-training...

I'm posting this due to the fact that every now and then, a question about this pops up. What I'm about to write is examples of the workouts I do while on the road. Yes, I do have plenty of access to a regular gym with additional equipment when on the road, and when on time off, but we're not gonna talk about those until after I've covered everything else first. When I do go to a regular gym I'll do at least one main exercise for the legs, back and chest, at three to four day intervals. For all practical purposes though, you can't very well mount a leg-press sled, squat rack, or a cable pulley setup on a truck's catwalk! I'm not going to mention cardiovascular training because it's been covered everytime exercise on the road is asked about.

For starters, I do BASIC exercises that are done with either a pair of adjustable dumbbell handles or a 6' straight bar. Remember the word basic!!! No weight training routine is going to work you to your maximum potential if you concentrate on isolation exercises. I may do an isolation exercise here or there, but it is not part of my main routine. As for not sticking to basics, an example of this is simply if you've ever been into a gym and notice a new lifter banging out endless sets of curls to get bigger arms, while neglecting heavy push/pull exercises (I myself was guilty of doing this when I started years ago!). You will do more for overall strength AND muscle growth by doing compound push/pull movements (more than one muscle group being used during an exercise). You won't have great definition, but you will have much more functional strength. This is my primary reason for lifing weights as is for many others...to simply increase my strength because guess what? With increased strength usually comes increased muscle size!

Weights/Exercises
As stated before, I have a pair of adjustable standard-size (1") dumbbell handles, and a standard-size (1") 6' barbell. For my weights, these are the following plates I have and utilize: (4) 25 lb., (4) 10 lb., and (8 ) 7.5 lb. As for my exercise selection, here's my prefered movements that are easy to do in or out of the truck (with the exception of squats/deadlifts). In parenthesis I will note what muscle groups these exercises work...

-Straight Bar Squat (Legs, Back, Biceps):
Starting as if doing the first part of a shoulder press, then bringing the bar down and resting it on my traps (base of neck muscle). Then simply squatting down to where the upper legs are parallel to the ground, and returning to the upper start postion. There is no need to go beyond parallel on a squat unless you want to put your knees at risk. The next exercise is an alternate to squatting with a bar...

-Dumbbell Squat/Deadlift (Legs, Back, Forearms, Biceps):
Positioning your dumbbells on the outside of your feet, which should be approximately shoulder-width apart. Squat down and keeping a straight back (do not arch forward!), get a firm grip on the dumbbells, and begin squatting as if doing the straight bar variation. Once again, go down to where your legs are parallel to the ground.

-Straight Bar or Dumbbell Stiff-Leg Deadlift (Hamstrings-Back of Legs, Lower Back, Biceps, Forearms):
Position the bar/d.b.'s in front of you and again with a straight back, keeping your legs slightly bent at the knees, bend over and get a firm grip on the bar/d.b.'s, palms facing in towards your body, hands approximately shoulder width apart.. Extend your upper body upwards, keeping your arms straight, until your back is straight up. Then return to the starting postion. DO NOT extend your back past the straight line of normal standing posture or you will eventually throw it out. If you've never done that, your lower back is not something you want to injure, especially not in this profession!!!

-Bunk Bench Press (Chest, Triceps, Shoulders),(extra comforter or thick blanket and pillow required):
I take my comforter and fold it up so that it is the same size as my pillow, then I put my pillow on top of it on my bunk. This gives me the height required to give my chest sufficient stretch when lowering my dumbbells. Without the added height I'd be doing nothing more than a pushup...

-Bent Over Row (Back, Biceps, Forearms):
Keeping your back parallel to the ground and facing straight down, bringing the bar/dumbbell upwards to your chest so that you have a full contaction (squeeze) on your lats (back muscle that leads up to your armpits). The bar/dumbbell should be brought up to a level between your stomach and nipple-line of the chest.

-Standing Shoulder Press (Shoulders, Triceps):
Simply put, bringing my bar up to my front shoulder level and pressing it straight up, then bringing it back down. Stick to either dumbbells or if using a bar, keep your presses to the front. Doing them behind-the-neck is a good way to tear a rotator cuff if going too heavy or using improper form. Remember to keep your feet positioned about shoulder-width apart, as this will give you the most available support.

-Upright Row (Traps-Base of Neck, Shoulders, Biceps, Forearms):
You start in the same position as the Stiff-Leg Deadlift, and again keeping your hands approximately shoulder width apart facing your body. Bring your body up into a straight line, as doing a Stiff-Leg Deadlift. Now bring your bar/d.b.'s up to your upper chest level while keeping it as close to your chest as possible when lifting/lowering. Be careful doing this as it can possibly cause problems with your rotator cuffs if using too much weight.

-Overhead Tricep Extension "Skull Crushers":
Using either a bar or dumbbells, bring your weight over your head. Keeping your elbows firm, arms extended straight above your head, and palms facing away from your body, begin allowing the weight to bend back towards your head. When you feel your arms in a full curl-style contraction/squeeze, press the weight back up to the start position.

-Basic Curls:
This one should need no explanation! Just remember to keep your elbows tucked into your sides and CURL the weight up. Don't throw, heave, or jerk it up there or you are using too much weight!

-"Old School" Full-Range Situps:
Again, should need no explanation! I take my spare mudflaps (I carry at least 2) and will position them back at one of my trailer tires. These are to keep me from laying where some lazy-azz has decided it was just too much to walk into the bathroom. Otherwise, you can do them inside your truck with a little improvisation (the International 72" sleeper is great for this!)

-Reverse Crunches (Lower Abs):
I'll stand my mattress up against the sleeper wall and lay flat on the surface there as if in a starting sit-up position, but with my arms placed alongside my torso. Keeping your legs together and bent, raise them approximately 3 to 4 inches above the surface, then begin curling your knees towards your chest. To add effect to this, when your knees area at their farthest squeeze point add to the "curl" by rolling your hips slightly off the ground. If you do it correctly, your lower abs will burn after just a few repetitions.

-Crunches (Upper Abs):
Again prop your mattress against the wall and lay on the surface underneath with your feet flat. Begin crunching your torso up and hold it at the top squeeze of each repetition.

-Side Leg Lifts (Obliques-Side Abs):
Lay on your side with your body in a straight line, legs together. Begin bringing your "top" leg up approximately one foot above the other, feeling the squeeze in your side ab. Bring down and repeat.

Some notes about the exercises:
-Never lock your elbows when pressing or your knees when squatting or deadlifting. Your joints will be asking for trouble if you do.
-Know the difference between "good' pain and "bad" pain. If if hurts the wrong way, don't do it!
-Use proper form. Do not throw, heave, or jerk the weight around ("cheating"). Once again, you're asking for trouble...
-Stay away from the routines in the popular muscle magazines...these are routines done by competitive weightlifters whose bodies can handle those workloads, and also (more often than not) are using a few extra things to aid them in recovery! IMHO, a great magazine that has realistic stuff for the majority of us out here in the real world is Men's Health, and the best book I've ever read concerning strength training is entitled "Beyond Brawn" by Stuart McRobert...period!

Routines
Now as to examples of my routines. Regardless of what I'm doing I always do two warm-up sets, then followed by anywhere from as little as two to upwards of eight work sets. It depends on if I'm using heavy or light weights on my work sets. Much of my workout will depend on what I have planned to do, and how "froggy" I feel that day. I generally take at least two to three days off in-between each workout, and try my best to do some combination of abdominal work every other day. Proper rest and recovery is a major key to increased strength, and progressing with your workouts, so I do take full advantage of the ten-hour break. Another note is that with most of my routines I will do two complete cycles then take two to three complete days off before getting back at it.

-Routine A...
Day 1:
Squats
Shoulder Press
Bent Over Row

Day 4:
Stiff Leg Deadlifts
Upright Rows
Bunk Bench Press

Day 6: Repeat cycle.

-Routine B...
Day 1:
Bent Over Row
Bunk Bench Press

Day 3:
Squats
Upright Rows

Day 5:
Shoulder Press
Curls
Tricep Extensions

Day 8:
Repeat cycle.

Routine C...
Day 1:
Squat

Day 2:
Bunk Bench Press

Day 3:
Bent Over Row

Day 5:
Shoulder Press
Upright Row

Day 7:
Tricep Extensions
Curls

Day 9:
Repeat Cycle

Routine D...
Day 1:
Squats
Bunk Bench Press
Bent Over Row
Shoulder Press
Curl
Tricep Extension
Upright Row

Day 4:
Same exercises but substitute Stiff-Leg Deadlifts for Squats.

Day 7:
Repeat cycle.

Nutrition
As for my nutrition side of things, many people cannot fathom what the majority of my diet consists of. I eat a minimum of four to six meals daily, consisting of canned salmon, chicken, ham, roast beef, tuna, mixed veggies, fruit, oatmeal, and beans. Before leaving from time off I'll bring leftovers and/or make as much pasta and/or rice I can stuff into a couple of tupperware containers for my cooler. I drink close to two gallons of water daily, several glasses of juice, and lots of powdered milk to supplement my regular solid-food meals (mixed at triple strength mind you). I will drink a soda on occasion, and I do develop a sweet tooth from time to time. I am human...just ask anyone who has met me. In all seriousness though, I rarely eat outside of my truck compared to most people. I made a deal with myself a long time ago when I started driving a truck; in order for me to go eat a "regular" meal it must be following a workout, and almost always ends up being steak and eggs!

As for supplements, I take a multi-vitamin with my first meal of the day, and I will use whey protein mixed with my powdered milk if I have it. Other than that, nothing else. I am very proud to say that I am a "natural lifter". I tried about every legal supplement available back between 1998-2000 and can say that unless you are a competitor, you do not need to spend the money on most of the stuff advertised. There is no magic pill or powder that will give you strength and size in a short time frame, unless it's an anabolic steroid, and there's enough proof that these aren't condusive to a healthy lifestyle not to mention the legal implications. What did work? L-Glutamine and Creatine (but not with the dramatic results as usually advertised). Lots of proper training, diet, and rest will do more for you and I then any sports supplement you can buy at the local G.N.C. or vitamin store!

Now, on to my regular gym workout. As mentioned earlier, I use basic movements with very minimal to no isolation work. It's also been a very long time since I've carried weights on the truck with me, as I made a very strong effort to find and utilize gyms on the road close to two years ago (I'm editing this Oct. 16th, 2006). I've had success to say the least! Here is an example of what I've been doing a lot of lately. With this routine structure, I'm gettting plenty of recovery time, which is necessary to the intensity of MY workout. Keep in mind someone else may do the exact same routine, yet may only need one or two days rest in-between, yet some could actually need MORE REST . That's fine provided it works for THEM. I know my body best, and I get better results with the extra rest days. Of course, this is another staple of the routines set forth in Stuart McRobert's "Brawn" book series.

Day 1:
Leg Press
Supported T-bar Row
Shoulder Press

Day 5:
Stiff-Leg Deadlifts
Weighted Dips

Day 9:
Squats
Flat Bench Press
Pullups or Cable Pulldowns

Day 13:
Stiff-Leg Deadlifts
Weighted Dips

Day 17:
Repeat cycle.

Y'all be safe, train smart, and train hard :wink:...

U.S.M.C. '89-'95 0351 (Assaultman), '95-'99 6531 (Aviation Ordnance)...IYAOYAS!
U.S. Army '00-'01 67S (OH-58D Crew Chief/Repairman)

"Pain is weakness leaving the body."

"Nobody ever drowned in their own sweat."
Old 07-15-2005, 09:47 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Basic road weight-training...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanide
I'm posting this due to the fact that every now and then, a question about this pops up. What I'm about to write is examples of the workouts I do while on the road. Yes, I do have access to a regular gym with additional equipment when on the road, and when on time off, but we're not gonna talk about those. If I do go to a regular gym I'll do at least one main exercise for the legs, back and chest, at two to three day intervals. For all practical purposes though, you can't very well mount a leg-press sled, squat rack, or a cable pulley setup on a truck's catwalk! I'm not going to mention cardiovascular training because it's been covered everytime exercise on the road is asked about.

For starters, I do BASIC exercises that are done with either a pair of adjustable dumbbell handles or a 6' straight bar. Remember the word basic!!! No weight training routine is going to work you to your maximum potential if you concentrate on isolation exercises. I may do an isolation exercise here or there, but it is not part of my main routine. As for not sticking to basics, an example of this is simply if you've ever been into a gym and notice a new lifter banging out endless sets of curls to get bigger arms, while neglecting heavy push/pull exercises (I myself was guilty of doing this when I started years ago!). You will do more for overall strength AND muscle growth by doing compound push/pull movements (more than one muscle group being used during an exercise). You won't have great definition, but you will have much more functional strength. This is my primary reason for lifing weights as is for many others...to simply increase my strength because guess what? With increased strength usually comes increased muscle size!

Weights/Exercises
As stated before, I carry a pair of adjustable dumbbell handles, and a 6' barbell. For my weights, these are the following plates I carry and utilize: 4-25 lb., 4-10 lb., and 8-7.5 lb. As for my exercise selection, here's my prefered movements that are easy to do in or out of the truck (with the exception of squats/deadlifts). In parenthesis I will note what muscle groups these exercises work...

-Bunk Bench Press (Chest, Triceps, Shoulders),(extra comforter or thick blanket and pillow required): I take my comforter and fold it up so that it is the same size as my pillow, then I put my pillow on top of it on my bunk. This gives me the height required to give my chest sufficient stretch when lowering my dumbbells. Without the added height I'd be doing nothing more than a pushup...

-Bent Over Row (Back, Biceps, Forearms): Keeping your back parallel to the ground and facing straight down, bringing the bar/dumbbell upwards to your chest so that you have a full contaction (squeeze) on your lats (back muscle that leads up to your armpits). The bar/dumbbell should be brought up to a level between your stomach and nipple-line of the chest.

-Standing Shoulder Press (Shoulders, Triceps): Simply put, bringing my bar up to my front shoulder level and pressing it straight up, then bringing it back down. Stick to either dumbbells or if using a bar, keep your presses to the front. Doing them behind-the-neck is a good way to tear a rotator cuff if going too heavy or using improper form. Remember to keep your feet positioned about shoulder-width apart, as this will give you the most available support.

-Straight Bar Squat (Legs, Back, Biceps): Starting as if doing the first part of a shoulder press, then bringing the bar down and resting it on my traps (base of neck muscle). Then simply squatting down to where the upper legs are parallel to the ground, and returning to the upper start postion. There is no need to go beyond parallel on a squat unless you want to put your knees at risk. The next exercise is an alternate to squatting with a bar...

-Dumbbell Squat/Deadlift (Legs, Back, Forearms, Biceps): Positioning your dumbbells on the outside of your feet, which should be approximately shoulder-width apart. Squat down and keeping a straight back (do not arch forward!), get a firm grip on the dumbbells, and begin squatting as if doing the straight bar variation. Once again, go down to where your legs are parallel to the ground.

-Straight Bar or Dumbbell Stiff-Leg Deadlift (Hamstrings-Back of Legs, Lower Back, Biceps, Forearms): Position the bar/d.b.'s in front of you and again with a straight back, keeping your legs slightly bent at the knees, bend over and get a firm grip on the bar/d.b.'s, palms facing in towards your body, hands approximately shoulder width apart.. Extend your upper body upwards, keeping your arms straight, until your back is straight up. Then return to the starting postion. DO NOT extend your back past the straight line of normal standing posture or you will eventually throw it out. If you've never done that, your lower back is not something you want to injure, especially not in this profession!!!

-Upright Row (Traps-Base of Neck, Shoulders, Biceps, Forearms): You start in the same position as the Stiff-Leg Deadlift, but with your palms facing out away from your body, and again keeping your hands approximately shoulder width apart. Bring your body up into a straight line, as doing a Stiff-Leg Deadlift. Now bring your bar/d.b.'s up to your upper chest level while keeping it as close to your chest as possible when lifting/lowering. Be careful doing this as it can possibly cause problems with your rotator cuffs if using too much weight.

-Overhead Tricep Extension "Skull Crushers": Using either a bar or dumbbells, bring your weight over your head. Keeping your elbows firm, arms extended straight above your head, and palms facing away from your body, begin allowing the weight to bend back towards your head. When you feel your arms in a full curl-style contraction/squeeze, press the weight back up to the start position.

-Basic Curls: Ths one should need no explanation! Just remember to keep your elbows tucked into your sides and CURL the weight up. Don't throw, heave, or jerk it up there or you are using too much weight!

-"Old School" Full-Range Situps: Again, should need no explanation! I take my spare mudflaps (I carry at least 2) and will position them back at one of my trailer tires. These are to keep me from laying where some lazy-azz has decided it was just too much to walk into the bathroom.

-Reverse Crunches (Lower Abs): I'll stand my mattress up against the sleeper wall and lay flat on the surface there as if in a starting sit-up position, but with my arms placed alongside my torso. Keeping your legs together and bent, raise them approximately 3 to 4 inches above the surface, then begin curling your knees towards your chest. To add effect to this, when your knees area at their farthest squeeze point add to the "curl" by rolling your hips slightly off the ground. If you do it correctly, your lower abs will burn after just a few repetitions.

-Crunches (Upper Abs): Again prop your mattress against the wall and lay on the surface underneath with your feet flat. Begin crunching your torso up and hold it at the top squeeze of each repetition.

-Side Leg Lifts (Obliques-Side Abs): Lay on your side with your body in a straight line, legs together. Begin bringing your "top" leg up approximately one foot above the other, feeling the squeeze in your side ab. Bring down and repeat.

Some notes about the exercises:
-Never lock your elbows when pressing or your knees when squatting or deadlifting. Your joints will be asking for trouble if you do.
-Know the difference between "good' pain and "bad" pain. If if hurts the wrong way, don't do it!
-Use proper form. Do not throw, heave, or jerk the weight around ("cheating"). Once again, you're asking for trouble...
-Stay away from the routines in the popular muscle magazines...these are routines done by competitive weightlifters whose bodies can handle those workloads, and also (more often than not) are using a few extra things to aid them in recovery! IMHO, a great magazine that has realistic stuff for the majority of us out here in the real world is Men's Health, and the best book I've ever read concerning weight-training is entitled "Brawn", by Stuart McRobert.

Routines
Now as to examples of my routines. Regardless of what I'm doing I always do two warm-up sets, then followed by anywhere from as little as two to upwards of eight work sets. It depends on if I'm using heavy or light weights on my work sets. Much of my workout will depend on what I have planned to do, and how "froggy" I feel that day. I generally take a day off in-between each workout, and try my best to do some combination of abdominal work every other day. Proper rest and recovery is a major key to increased strength, and progressing with your workouts, so I do take full advantage of the ten-hour break. Another note is that with most of my routines I will do two complete cycles then take two to three complete days off before getting back at it.

-Routine A...
Day 1:
Squats
Shoulder Press
Bent Over Row

Day 3:
Stiff Leg Deadlifts
Upright Rows
Bunk Bench Press

Day 5: Repeat cycle.

-Routine B...
Day 1:
Bent Over Row
Bunk Bench Press

Day 3:
Squats
Upright Rows

Day 5:
Shoulder Press
Curls
Tricep Extensions

Day 8:
Repeat cycle.

Routine C...
Day 1:
Squat

Day 2:
Bunk Bench Press

Day 3:
Bent Over Row

Day 5:
Shoulder Press
Upright Row

Day 7:
Tricep Extensions
Curls

Day 8:
Repeat Cycle

Routine D...
Day 1:
Squats
Bunk Bench Press
Bent Over Row
Shoulder Press
Curl
Tricep Extension
Upright Row

Day 4:
Same exercises but substitute Stiff-Leg Deadlifts for Squats.

Day 7:
Repeat cycle.

Nutrition
As for my nutrition side of things, many people cannot fathom what the majority of my diet consists of. I eat a minimum of four to six meals daily, consisting of canned salmon, chicken, ham, roast beef, tuna, mixed veggies, fruit, oatmeal, and beans. Before leaving from time off I'll bring leftovers and/or make as much pasta and/or rice I can stuff into a couple of tupperware containers for my cooler. I drink close to two gallons of water daily, several glasses of juice, and lots of powdered milk to supplement my regular solid-food meals (mixed at triple strength mind you). I will drink a soda on occasion, and I do develop a sweet tooth from time to time. I am human...just ask anyone who has met me. In all seriousness though, I rarely eat outside of my truck compared to most people. I made a deal with myself a long time ago when I started driving a truck; in order for me to go eat a "regular" meal it must be following a workout, and almost always ends up being steak and eggs!

As for supplements, I take a multi-vitamin with my first meal of the day, and I will use whey protein mixed with my powdered milk if I have it. Other than that, nothing else. I am very proud to say that I am a "natural lifter". I tried about every legal supplement available back between 1998-2000 and can say that unless you are a competitor, you do not need to spend the money on most of the stuff advertised. There is no magic pill or powder that will give you strength and size in a short time frame, unless it's an anabolic steroid, and there's enough proof that these aren't condusive to a healthy lifestyle not to mention the legal implications. What did work? L-Glutamine and Creatine (but not with the dramatic results as usually advertised). Lots of proper training, diet, and rest will do more for you and I then any sports supplement you can buy at the local G.N.C. or vitamin store!

I got some questions on a couple things in this thread

1. It looks like your carrying a total of around 200lbs of weight plates , 100lbs of adjustable DB , and a 30- 35 lb barbell for the plates , so in total you are carrying around 3-350 lb of weights with you . If this is correct what kind of truck are you doing this in , because I have been told by many this simply can't be done , But if you're doing this in a similar situation as mine I see no reason why I should'nt give it a try .

2. How the hell do you have access to a full gym on the road ???
Old 07-16-2005, 03:17 PM

Where exactly do you work out on the road? I've been looking at terminals, truck stops, and rest areas and not finding anyplace that makes sense to me.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:40 AM

yeah..that's my question too...
and when do you find time?
Old 07-28-2005, 06:31 PM

I think I can find time now that I'm teaming and therefore *can't* wind up working more than 12 hour days.

I just wonder about the *where*

Maybe I'll just bite the bullet and pull the stuff out in between trucks.
Old 09-28-2005, 03:17 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Hey y'all...

Will try to answer your questions as quickly and completely as I can (limited amount of time since on the road using t/s kiosk).

My equipment doesn't weigh so much, as my dumbbell handles and my barbell are standard-type (not the olympic , heavier style). much easier for me to keep standard stuff in the truck due to it's smaller diameter/size. I've carried all of my equipment with me regardless of truck and trailer comination I've had (Pete 379 Ext. Hood w/63" Unibuilt pulling 53' dry van, Mack CH 613 and CX 613 w/70" Midroof pulling tanker, Freightliner Century Class w/70" Condo pulling 53' reefer, International 9400 w/72" Midroof pulling tanker, and my current truck, KW T-800 w/72" Midroof puling tanker). The weights don't add a significant amount of weight worth worrying about (the same goes for tire chains mounted on a rack on the side of the frame!).

As for where I work out when using my personal stuff, most of the time I'm inside the truck doing my routine (plenty of room in there for doing dumbbell rows, flat bench presses, seated shoulder presses, seated tricep extensions, and standing curls.). When I either want plenty of fresh air and/or want to use my 6' barbell I move everything outside the truck.

As for regular gyms around the country, I look for and find them many places where a truck and trailer can be parked in their parking lot, though sometimes it takes a little bit of work! Several are either of the Gold's Gym or World Gym franchise, and the other are smaller gyms/fitness-rehab centers that serve a local smaller town or community. There's a couple that I visit quite frequently where I can only bobtail to (Tulare, CA) or walk to (three blocks away from our yard in Ripon, CA). As for the others, here's their locations: Lakeland, FL...Winter Haven, FL...Sylvester, GA...Montgomery, AL...Monroe, LA...North Platte, NE...Demotte, IN...Bloomington, IL...Appleton, WI...Nephi, UT...Lamar, MO...Grants, NM. As I find more, I'll add them to this list.

As for the time to do what I do, I simply make the time. I'm not about to let this job take away something from me that I love doing. Some may call it determination and/or discipline, others commitment. Either way I just do it. I still run as hard or relaxed as I want and keep my routine going. It's a matter of figuring out how to fit what you want to do into your daily schedule. I usually work out at either the beginning or the end of the day, leaving everything in-between for my work and eating at three to four hour intervals. I run legal and get plenty of rest in addition to the above mentioned subjects.

Regardless of how you do it, NEVER let anyone tell you that you can't properly exercise doing this profession, because that's a bunch of b.s.!

Y'all be safe and have fun :wink:...

Old 09-28-2005, 04:13 AM

My truck is so advanced, it lets me know when I need exercise.

Just this afternoon, a dashboard light "abs" came on, so I pulled over and did some crunches by the roadside.

:lol:
Old 09-29-2005, 03:25 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWRally
My truck is so advanced, it lets me know when I need exercise.

Just this afternoon, a dashboard light "abs" came on, so I pulled over and did some crunches by the roadside.

:lol:
looks like we have a genuine comedian in the house!!...lol
Old 11-11-2005, 01:32 AM
Senior Board Member

http://www.goldsgym.com/gym_locator/...avascript=true

http://www.worldgym.com/main/communi...ator_radius=10

Gyms I frequent:
Montgomery, AL
Chino, CA
Ripon, CA
Tulare, CA
Jacksonville, FL
Lakeland, FL
Winter Haven, FL
Sylvester, GA
Bloomington, IL
Glen Carbon, IL
Demotte, IN
Monroe, LA
Lamar, MO
North Platte, NE
Grants, NM
Nephi, UT
Appleton, WI

Old 11-11-2005, 03:10 AM
Board Regular

workout? well lets see....

dead lifting the spare might be good. could do some nice roll up crunches
hunched around the tire. chains could be used for free weight work.
and for the lower body, do like those strongman competitions and have
your partner steer while you pull the tractor around the lot. aerobics?
stepping in and out of the trailer will give you the burn.

around the airport ramp, we also had the belt loader marathon. just run
on that sucker til it runs out of gas. for interval training, you could have
grades from 22 degrees downhill to 60 degrees uphill.