User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2017, 04:38 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Are all Shipper/Receivers miserable jerks??

It's like these guy's just absolutely hate their life, job and show it by being ignorant abrasive dick's!! I try to be respectful, listen to the instructions, stay patient and don't keep asking when I'm being unloaded etc... But some of these guy's barely even look at you, just grunt in your general direction with those dead eye's.

Before I got into driving I was in the service industry dealing with people and I know if I acted even anything a little close to how these guys do I would have been out on my ass real quick!!

I'm sure they get tired of dealing with difficult drivers, but that's no excuse to treat everyone like a piece of dog s**t. What ever happened to "treat others as you wish to be treated"...

Rant off...lol
Old 07-12-2017, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
It's like these guy's just absolutely hate their life, job and show it by being ignorant abrasive dick's!! I try to be respectful, listen to the instructions, stay patient and don't keep asking when I'm being unloaded etc... But some of these guy's barely even look at you, just grunt in your general direction with those dead eye's.

Before I got into driving I was in the service industry dealing with people and I know if I acted even anything a little close to how these guys do I would have been out on my ass real quick!!

I'm sure they get tired of dealing with difficult drivers, but that's no excuse to treat everyone like a piece of dog s**t. What ever happened to "treat others as you wish to be treated"...

Rant off...lol
yep, and it's worse in various parts of the country. no specific area has a lock on this crap. we can compare places, but that would be pointless. i think that for what some get paid, it is a bother for them to load/unload trucks, either all day long, or once per day.

all we can do is report that we are there, and wait our turn. then blow outta there when done.
Old 07-13-2017, 05:44 PM
Senior Board Member

I once had to sit 24hrs waiting to be unloaded as punishment. My crime was I stepped over a faded (almost nonexistent ) yellow line on the floor and "intruded" on the clerks space!
On the other hand I once walked into a clerks office/waiting room and was greeted by a roomful of drivers waiting for a dock, I showed the harried looking clerk my bills and he said take a seat. As I walked away I told him "welcome home brother" and motioned to his Army hat, seconds later he called to me and said we've been waiting for that and sent me to a dock. There's good and bad, unfortunately the bad outweigh the good!

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington
Old 07-13-2017, 09:49 PM
Board Icon

Can't say I understand this, but I'm lucky on my dedicated account, we are typically 100% drop and hook when we have to do backhaul from distributors to our Walmart DC. If a place jacks us around, we are to call in and Bentonville makes some calls real fast. We did have 1 recently, supposed to be a live load, 14 hours before they loaded him. He showed a 10 and rolled on with little complaint. Most of our backhauls are from Walmart owned distributors so they want to keep their job, get us in and out quickly!

What I have seen though, most drivers act like jerks so the favor is returned. Like the pricks who queue up on our road, blocking it, waiting for their appointment time into the DC. The guards have to come in that entrance too, they take note of who the numb nuts are that block things up. Your day just got a bit messed up! We have trouble getting in, so your going to have trouble, it says no parking!