User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2016, 08:32 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Thanks mr.ford. I don't have options to change anything yet, guess I haven't posted enough. Yes sir. Finally got a truck last Monday. Had a lot of little issues I wanted fixed with it before I took off with it. It was Tuesday afternoon before they got everything completed. Left Indianapolis Indi, went to drop off a load,from there went to Zion ind,picked up a relay dropped it off in waxahachie TX, picked up a relay from there to new braunsfels TX, and am currently at home to pick up a few things I didn't take with me and plan on being back out Monday.
I like the elog system. No scratching out lines and counting hours like in the old Lie Book lol. As for the navigation on the Qualcomm I have threw the damn thing out the window several times but, someone was smart and put a springy cord on it so it always comes back.didnt take long to get back to using the good ol paper rand McNally atlas. As of today, we are the new owners of a rand McNally gps, to assist with trip planning so we will see how that works out next week.
The wife C is doing good in school, she does the dps test on Wednesday. She had problems learning to parallel park ( over correcting)but she finally got it. I know she will do fine on the dps drive. The school is having her drive twice a day every day,now that the drive test is getting closer.
Our truck is a 2015 KW T680 automatic. I love the truck. Thought I would not like having the automatic,but after getting stuck in some traffic jams already,I don't think I would ever want to drive a manual again lol. I have noticed that some times it wants to change gears too soon either up or down but I just hit the button and manually set the gear it should be in. I guess my only complaint with the auto is the reverse, absolutely horrible to back with. There's a delay from when you let off the brake and give it fuel so it will usually roll forward or just sit there until it's ready to go,then it jumps and you let off the fuel and it goes to reset so you have to start all over. Actually kinda pisses me off now that I think about it lol.
Old 01-22-2016, 01:07 AM
Rookie

Well a little update things were going good the first week I got about 2500 miles which is sorta where I wanted to be,to get back in the groove of things. Been broken down in El Paso Texas this week since Saturday. Was taking a load out to Cali and heard popping coming from under the passanger side of the truck. Pulled over and found the tie rod end and steering linkage were going out, had them get a relay here to continue the load. Finally got the truck back late last night and have sat waiting to get a load out of here since.
C failed her first drive exam she messed up on the parallel parking, she is rescheduled to go back and re-test on this coming up Monday. It's all good tho it got her another week of practice of driving and backing. She has been fighting a bad cold all week also so that's not helped her. She will get it this time, every thing happens for a reason.
Old 02-02-2016, 12:07 PM
Rookie

Well she passed the last time woohoo. She is now in orientation after she completes that she will have to do 10k miles with a trainer. In 2 days I will have been working here a month. I have done right at 10k miles, not bad for getting back into things, a week of that I was broke down and had 2, 34 HR resets and a weekend at home. They have been keeping me as busy as I want to be for now. I really need to watch my hours better so I don't need to take the 34 resets as often.
Old 02-04-2016, 04:17 AM
Board Icon

Cool, good news to hear. So you will go team in about a month then?
Old 02-09-2016, 01:35 AM
Rookie

Yes sir. That is the plan. She is waiting for a trainer to pick her up now. She will probably end up doing a lot of it with a local driver. Which I think will help her a lot more than being with an OTR trainer. As a local driver she will be doing a lot more city driving and having to back several times a day so hopefull she gets more local instead of OTR driving.
Old 02-10-2016, 03:06 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnCj View Post
Yes sir. That is the plan. She is waiting for a trainer to pick her up now. She will probably end up doing a lot of it with a local driver. Which I think will help her a lot more than being with an OTR trainer. As a local driver she will be doing a lot more city driving and having to back several times a day so hopefull she gets more local instead of OTR driving.
What a novel idea by a company that apparently cares about their drivers being extremely good! Instead of OTR training like most would do, they recognized she needs a little more practice with backing so they want to send her with a local driver to do a bunch of stops a day where she can get better in the real world where not every dock is the same!
Old 07-08-2016, 01:31 AM
Rookie

Well we're still at Celadon. We moved over to the lease purchase side about 2 months ago. Everything is going pretty good for us here, so far anyway. We haven't had the horror stories that others have had with them, but know some who have and several have left because of it. Over all were pretty happy here. We have kinda figured out how they work and have learned how to deal with their system and ways of doing things. The wife did get her CDL and completed her training but decided that driving isn't what she wants to do, she would rather sit in the passenger seat and tell all the 4 wheelers they are number one and tell me how to drive lol.