User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2014, 05:58 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Red face i need help...left trucking school 2 weeks till graduation

i need some advice i was in trucking school at Tdds in ohio....was 8 weeks into program did my maneuvers,,site side ..ally dock etc...only thing i had to leave before i went on road ...due to i was staying at a dorm there ..that i had to pay to stay..and was getting ate up by bed bugs...i couldnt stay there any longer....but i couldnt afford to go back and forth from where i lived everyday...i withdrew from there..due to that ..they really didnt seem to care and treated me like crap after i blew the whistle on the bed bug scene...anyway...can someone help me figure out a way i can practice driving? to take my road test..? it was bad enough being the only female in the group..but complaining about bugs made me seem sissified? i tested out my finals on pretrip was 100% and bookwork 92% so i did my part ..but they let me down on theirs...any suggestions? time is running out..and i feel i might forget everything ive learned....PLEASE HELP>>>thanks ..Angel
Old 08-03-2014, 01:36 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela Oney Little View Post
i need some advice i was in trucking school at Tdds in ohio....was 8 weeks into program did my maneuvers,,site side ..ally dock etc...only thing i had to leave before i went on road ...due to i was staying at a dorm there ..that i had to pay to stay..and was getting ate up by bed bugs...i couldnt stay there any longer....but i couldnt afford to go back and forth from where i lived everyday...i withdrew from there..due to that ..they really didnt seem to care and treated me like crap after i blew the whistle on the bed bug scene...anyway...can someone help me figure out a way i can practice driving? to take my road test..? it was bad enough being the only female in the group..but complaining about bugs made me seem sissified? i tested out my finals on pretrip was 100% and bookwork 92% so i did my part ..but they let me down on theirs...any suggestions? time is running out..and i feel i might forget everything ive learned....PLEASE HELP>>>thanks ..Angel
If no one else was complaining.. you bought this one..

The only option is to go to another school or talk to the school there about allowing you to finish.. whenever you can (Weekends etc) until you can test out.

Or, you can go pay for another school
Old 08-03-2014, 05:14 PM
Senior Board Member

If other's complained you have a good shot at being let back in ( after fumigation) . If your the only one that had them then you may have picked them up somewhere and then it's your problem. The school may even bill you for fumigation!
Try talking to them, right now tho they hold all the cards and you really have nothing to bargain with. Sorry but that the way it is.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington
Old 08-11-2014, 09:45 PM
Board Icon

You should have gone to a motel. Don't want to hear that you were too broke! WHY do people wait until they are dead broke to get into this business? What makes people think this is some kind of "last resort" charity school? Renting a truck to take your test will cost you MORE than the motel would. You should have told them you had bedbugs and MADE them move you... or let you sleep in one of the trucks! You'll be sleeping in one for years to follow!

I'm NOT insensitive. But, pulling out of an 8 week school with only TWO days to go... is just stupid! Wait.... you mean the school was MORE than 8 weeks? Mine was FOUR! What did you pay? Your research leaves much to be desired. Seems like you don't really NEED "practice." You just need to pass the test. And that is expensive when done "a la carte."

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.