User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2013, 08:05 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Finally got cdl last week. Now questions on company testing.

Got my cdl now and have job offers to go to orientations. Only thing I'm concerned with is I'm on a low dose benzo-klonopin-i think a type III controlled substance or narcotic if I read right, so I'm concerned it might show up on their drug test. I passed my DOT physical no problem with a urine test, not sure they even check for benzo's. Anyways, I'm worried that I'm gonna go all the way to orientation, take their test and fail, then get sent home and have a failed drug test on my record. CAN'T happen. So with a few companies so far I have just been honest and told them up front what I'm taking. But this hasn't really been helping. They've been saying "well just ask your doctor and see what he says, see if he thinks it will show up on the test". Unreal. I asked if they had a medical department I could talk to and ask them about this but recruiter didn't give me s*it.
I need to be 100% sure that when I accept a job and go out for orientation that I'll be in the clear. If I decide to go off the med it'll take a good 3-5 months of really slow tapering or else I get withdrawals. But at the same time not sure if I wanna do that because it does help me get calm at night so I can at least get SOME sleep.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 09-06-2013, 02:00 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

congratulations on getting your cdl and getting job offers!

...so what did your Doc say? That was a good suggestion, one I made to you about this long ago.

I don't think they screen for benzos on a 5-panel test, but they do on a 10-panel test.
If they do a 10-panel, they will be looking for that particular drug group, but maybe your dose falls below the detectable limit.

There are no guarantees on any test. Some people who never take a drug, can sometimes fail a test.

If you want advice on how to beat a drug test,... stop what you are taking for at least 3-4 days before the test.
Since you are taking a low dose, you should be okay.

I'm not a doctor, so any medical advice is just for entertainment purposes only.

Old 09-06-2013, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
congratulations on getting your cdl and getting job offers!

...so what did your Doc say? That was a good suggestion, one I made to you about this long ago.

I don't think they screen for benzos on a 5-panel test, but they do on a 10-panel test.
If they do a 10-panel, they will be looking for that particular drug group, but maybe your dose falls below the detectable limit.

There are no guarantees on any test. Some people who never take a drug, can sometimes fail a test.

If you want advice on how to beat a drug test,... stop what you are taking for at least 3-4 days before the test.
Since you are taking a low dose, you should be okay.

I'm not a doctor, so any medical advice is just for entertainment purposes only.
Guess for whatever reason I just don't have much confidence in my doc that he would know much about the testing. Just my impression. Guess it can't hurt to ask. Thanks for the input.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:54 AM
Board Icon

I know what you mean, when it comes to doctors. I've had good ones and bad ones too, and it seems like the bad ones are more common place now.

Because of how screwed up the current administration has made a mess of our health care system, it's even more important to be able to recognize a quack doc, and expect most of the "new" doc's coming out of our failed colleges, will now be dumber than a monkey with an enema.

... but you would think they should at least know if the dose of narc's they have you on, will fall below the detectable limit or not on a 10-panel drug test.
Have them give you one of those tests to find out, if they don't know... I think the test cost like $45.

Keep an eye out for the monkey in a white coat.

Old 09-09-2013, 09:53 PM

I just wonder how strict these companies are about benzo's in general. Not sure if I'm worrying too much or what. What I know CAN'T happen is to fail a test and have it go on my record. Not sure if that would ruin my chances with another company or not, or if they would just say get off the med then come back and test. Would really not want to have to go off this stuff completely, at least not yet, and if I did, at my own pace, which could literally take months. Total PITA.