User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2013, 05:00 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default what should I look for? and what questions should I ask?

after 12 months with Central Refrigerated Service I was fired for some reason (they wont say why)

so now I am out looking for work. I made the mistake of posting an online application so they blew my phone up and blew up my e-mail

I went ahead and got my Doubles/Triples and Tanker Endorsement. I am working on getting my HazMat (I don't know where to go from here)

I want to be able to use my endorsements but I will be ok with reefer/van.

what kinds of questions should I ask, and also with only 12 months experience am I able to get a job that will accept endorsements

also, what should I do. even I have no clue what I am looking for

I want e-logs, Qualcomm, prepass,

I don't care about APU's, I spent all last winter without running the bunk heater (it didn't work) and all last summer without A/C (didn't work)
Old 09-04-2013, 01:21 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

You want elogs?!! Most don't want them. If you want elogs and qualcomm, you will most likely need to go with one of the larger carriers. Some of the smaller carriers, with 200 or more trucks have installed elogs in their trucks. If your email and phone have blown up it seems to me that you have more possibilities than you can use.

Having at least 1 year of verifiable experience should open some doors, provided you have a clean background. You could check the company listings on this forum and look at the minimum requirements. That would be a good start. Most reefer carriers don't require hazmat. It is mostly the van companies that want you to have hazmat. The only carrier that I can recall that requires elogs and hazmat is Landstar. But, they only recruit owner operators. However, there are some owners who have multiple trucks and need drivers. I can't imagine any carrier terminating a driver without cause unless they are just making cutbacks to save money. They should have given you a reason. Most companies at least give you a reason for termination.