User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2013, 10:01 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Have some job offers, a little advice please.

Brand new CDL in my back pocket just graduated from truck driving school. Three companies have expressed an interest in hiring me. Have a clean driving record, no tickets or anything last ten years. Never a felony of any kind,

1st company is Averitt,

2nd company is Transport America,

3rd company is Roehl

All three are top of the industry companies according to what everyone says and what I can find out about them on the internet. I have researched all three, and like what I have found out. Have read everything I can find about them, and what all you people here at CAD have to say.

I would like a little advice from you knowledgeable truckers as to which company you think would best to go with. I am still at a loss as to which one. Once the decision is made, I plan to commit with them for an entire year, good or bad.

Oh, and I would like to drive over the road in all 48, and do not particularly care to be home every weekend.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by lexion; 05-27-2013 at 11:09 AM.
Old 05-27-2013, 01:37 AM
Senior Board Member

To me, this is a no-brainer: Averitt. I'm actually surprised to see them hire an inexperienced driver. However, they do have a lot of daycabs for city runs and have a better chance of getting you home every day than the other two, if you're close to one of their terminals.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:58 PM
Board Regular

Averitt, roehl then TA
Roehl is THE hometime co. Their drivers all say "this company used to be awesome but now it sucks". Every companies drivers say that.
Averitt looks awesome on paper. They wont hire just anybody. THey have a lot of opportunity to do different things including local
TA iis .. just another newb company. You dont hear much from their drivers. Possibllyll because i think they dont get home...
Old 06-15-2013, 03:23 AM
Rookie

I currently work for Roehl. I love it. Not many guys seem to be terribly unhappy. I got a new prostar with a whopping 644 miles on it. Not thousand, just 644. 450 hp cummins and 10 speed. I leave out on monday about noon and get home about noon on saturdays or friday night. My fm`s name is john and hes an excellent guy. I got my id stolen and my checking account drained. I called them and told them I had to get home to get it straightened out by friday. They GAVE me 150 bucks to live off of and to get so e food for the house (got a wife and 2 boys). Yeah there's companys thT pay better but none that take care of their drivers like they do. I still clear 650 to750 a week and have the option to make more. All my freight is d&h and I average about 2600 miles a week. I did get lucky on my truck, most of there trucks run maxforces, and they arent that great from what but lots of storage, no stupid autos, and all of them have somekind of no idle hvac system. Heat and ac, not just esparheaters. You buytheinverter and they will install it. Orentation is quick andthere wont be 40 ppl to a class. Mine was 6. Qualcoms suck but makes logging easy. Any other questions pm me. Ill bemore then happy to answer
Old 06-15-2013, 11:12 PM
Rookie

If you can, get face to face with drivers who work for companies your interested in working for. Than make as best a decision as you can based upon which meets your needs more closely. Good luck!

CLICK TO DRIVE MAVERICK