User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2013, 06:28 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default newer driver with qustns????

needing some direction here. i recently received my cdl last year and was recruited and trained with a larger company. they gave me my own truck july of last year. everything was going good till october when i was involved in 2 non dot incidents within a month of each other, both where my fault and i took full responsibility. and i believe i learned from them. until april last, my mother had past and it really affected me tremendously mentally. i had let my company know that she was sick and was passing, and how it was affecting me. with all this going on, i was involved in my 3rd non dot incident, again my fault and took full responsibility!!! which the company let me go. i do believe though after leaving the company and thinking about it, i wasn't given the opportunity to grieve her passing, to come off the road to do so. had to do it from bunk in my truck. i believe if i was able to grieve probably my 3rd would have never happened.

my questions are:
is there any resources out there or and idea on how i can get back to driving? no body will touch me...

other than a an single offer to pull me off to fly to see her, which couldn't afford doing. the kept me out...
should they have left me out there to deal with this that way?
Old 06-20-2013, 07:51 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmnewertrckr View Post
other than a an single offer to pull me off to fly to see her, which couldn't afford doing. the kept me out...
should they have left me out there to deal with this that way?
No they shouldn't have kept you out, some Co. are bad about that and some would send you home just on the off chance that you would be distracted and cause an accident. But that's not going to help you now.
Your just going to have to keep filling out app's work on the smaller local co. That way your there in person and hopefully someone will listen to you.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington