User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2012, 04:48 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

@johnny
sorry i took so long to get back to you. the part that really impressed me is there much less expensive than other trucking schools they don't have a set number of hours. they charge you a flat rate for as many hours needed to get your cdl. wich i think is reasonable vs some schools try to nickle and dime you by making you buy packages of hours!! and exclusive stood behind there schooling where others seemed not to. you can eathier go on the weekend or during the week depending on your schedule. my instructor was awsome. they will put you in contact with recruiters and recruiters will come through there as well. there great people nice they want you to be succesfull and pass the test. it's one student in a truck not 3-4 like you may read on some of the posts. i would highly recomend em. and they do not play just a fair warning. have fun and be safe out there . what else would you like to know i'll answer it. you will learn on class a equitment unlike some schools not a small tractor and a pup trailer as thats also important cause when your handed the keys it's important you know how to handle a class a equitment and how to manuver it.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:43 AM
Rookie

Thanks pounder, I just went by the yard today and checked out the operation. I`m still gonna go back by High Desert tomorrow and give them another look see and then drop some money on one of them by the end of the week. and hopefully get my CDL by sept at the latest. I would like to time it so if I can get my butt hired that I`m still with a trainer when the snow starts to hit ??? By the way who did you finally get hired by ???
Old 07-17-2012, 05:52 PM
Board Regular

your welcome johnny. i don't know what high deserts program is like i didn't eve look into it as all as exclusives program looked good as far as them not selling you packages of hours. as they were refered to me by werner. werner hired me but i turned em down and i basicly went my own way and watkins sheppard hired me in there flat bed division as i wanna be a skate boarder. then i found out my brother has cancer so i had to turn that down. my brothers been sick on and off and i'm the only one there for him and we won't know whats gonna happen until the 16th of next month when he sees the doc again to see if they got all of the cancer in him or not. i'm just frustraited over the whole thing dealing with lawyers accountants waiting for things to go through probate. hopefully they got all of the cancer.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:39 AM
Rookie

Sorry to hear about your brother. I know how ya feel. lost my mom and my brother a few years ago, ten months apart. the 6 years before were pretty tough ! Do what you gotta do to take care of your brother, you wont regret it. the trucking jobs don't look like they`re going away anytime soon. On a side note we just found out 5 years later that my grandmother had taken out small life insurance policies on my mom and brother, my brother developed a kidney disease about 3 years old. its not a lot but it`ll pay the rent for a month or two and get me my CDL. so its time to hurry up and get after it ! I left my old job making decent money in the security industry, but I told my boss that when I turn 50 I wont work another nightclub or bar and he couldn't put me on salary yet so I bailed in April ! its just gonna be tough that first year or two as I`ve been pretty flexible over the last few years with my schedule, I could take time off whenever I needed to. I wrote the schedule !!
Old 07-21-2012, 06:29 PM
Board Regular

Thanks. as we don't know whats gonna happen yet he has his good days and his bad days it sucks but i just take it one day at a time. sorry about the loss of your mom and brother. i'm doing all i can to take care of him just taking it one day at a time all i can do what ever happens happens. i always belived when it's your time to go home then god will call you and you can't stop that. my brother said to me he will be glad when it's all over no matter what way it goes. he has an appt the 16th of next month to see if they got all of the cancer out and if not they probily will do more radtion and plant the gold seeds in him next if they didn't catch it all but hopefully they did and he goes into remission. sorry to hear about your brother. so have you made up your mind on what school your going to? your first year wil suck then your second year will be better and with a year of OTR exp more jobs will open up to you. it will get better as time goes on and the more experiance that you gain behind the wheel. i was a self emp itt tech. i just said screw it one day and decided i wanted to drive a truck and went and got my cdl. my dad passed on last year to he left me his truck and trailer i sold em off and got a good price for em then i turned around and bought an old ford model a that needed to be rebuilt i worked on it and its all done all original all it needs is a paint job. you won't be setting your own schedule while trucking sometimes you'll be out weeks on end even if your house is 50 miles away you still may not go home. don't fall for a lease purchase deal as most of em are scams and they benifeit the company and not the driver. you should be concentraiting on gaining your exp and seeing if drivings what you really want to do and work hard and go buy a decent used truck from a dealer. then if the company cuts your miles or gets shady then you can move on. no matter how bad things get don't go looking for greener pastures as the grass may not be greener on the other side and companies don't like job hopper they want someone thats reliable just some advice. talk to drivers to see how there company is treating em and how they like working for em hang out at truck stops!!
Old 07-26-2012, 11:27 PM
Board Regular

Hey have you decided on a school yet johnny
Old 09-08-2012, 09:07 AM
Rookie

you can join the 2nd2none Driving School, This is the good school for driver.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:41 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxter123 View Post
you can join the 2nd2none Driving School, This is the good school for driver.

Second post with a link to this school. Spammer?

That some should be rich, shows that others may become rich, and, hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
Abraham Lincoln

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-12-2012, 09:12 PM
Board Regular