User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2011, 06:32 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default No luck

Ok so i graduated from drving school on Feb. 4th 2011. got my class a with tanker and doubles/triples. im having no luck on finding work, one because i have no experince for local companys and the major companys all want a imaculant driving record, mines not bad only thing is a suspended license in june of 2010 due to a non paid ticket. Anyone know of any company or just something that would help me find some work? Thanks
Old 04-07-2011, 01:13 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterlove89 View Post
Ok so i graduated from drving school on Feb. 4th 2011. got my class a with tanker and doubles/triples. im having no luck on finding work, one because i have no experince for local companys and the major companys all want a imaculant driving record, mines not bad only thing is a suspended license in june of 2010 due to a non paid ticket. Anyone know of any company or just something that would help me find some work? Thanks
Where do you live?
Old 04-07-2011, 09:48 PM
Rookie

forks, washington
Old 04-07-2011, 10:45 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterlove89 View Post
forks, washington
You are serious??

You're gonna need to talk with Swift, Knight Transportation, Gordon Trucking, Schneider National....see if they will give you the break you are hoping for.

It's been to long since I was out on the Peninsula...and I dought that any of the trucking companies I knew of back in the late 80's and thru the 90's are still working out there. Walsh Brothers was the big "take-over artist" for chip hauling...but I don't know what is happening out that way anymore. Is the mill in Port Angeles still operating? Hoakium still has mills I know...so that gives you a good chance with some of those companies I mentioned.

Just be sure to keep the suspension out in front on any of your talks.....................with any prospective employer.

It is a beautiful area to live in, out there around Forks.....but it is so backwater that there just isn't much of anything for jobs.