User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2010, 02:44 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Sounds like StraightTalk which I have currently when my ex borked me on the phone bill last month. $45 unlimited talk, text, web...$109 for the phone I have (Samsung R355C). Coverage is excellent from what I've found, though it can be annoying and drop pretty easily when you're jumping towers. (They have another phone the R451C that my boyfriend has...it has a giant Oklahoma City sized dead zone for some strange reason). Web blows on it. It's WAP only, and spotty at best. It's not a "smart" phone, but masquarades as a Blackberry - there are no apps available at all for it and most websites are too large to load in the browser. For the price when you don't have the credit/cash to drop on a major plan though it's more than adequate for someone who needs mostly talk and text. Camera is so-so on it, 1.3 MP but horrible at focusing. Handset volume can leave a bit to be desired if you're like me and like your phones LOUD, but I use a Jawbone ICON and when it dies I just hang up for the 20 minutes it takes to charge it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
I have been with Sprint for about 10 years. I will likely be leaving when my contract is up. The main reason is that they have started charging a $5 on one of my accounts unless I allow them to go in and take money our of my account each month. I find it interesting that the other two accounts don't have the same fee attached. I pay about $111/month with sales tax and all the other charges they add to the bill. I am thinking about going with a smart phone. It is about half what I am now paying and uses Verizon's towers. It is a prepaid phone, but I will pay the bill anyway so it really doesn't make any difference. There are a lot of extra charges that appear on my monthly Sprint bill that I would not be charged should I switch to the smart phone. My wife's contract is up so we will probably try it and if it works well then we may switch the other two accounts. I am tired of being ripped off by Sprint. The service has been pretty good, but I refuse to pay a higher rate just because I won't give them access to my bank account. By the way unlimited nationwide coverage for the smart phone is $45/month plus sales tax. From what I understand there are no extra charges involved.