User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2010, 01:12 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
None of those curves are that bad. The curve at Moccasin Bend is a couple of miles or so from where I-59 comes in to I-24. It will be interesting to hear the entire story.
None of those curves are that bad.

words to die by
Old 03-06-2010, 12:05 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredog View Post
None of those curves are that bad.

words to die by
Back before the speed limits for trucks was posted down in that area, I used to go through there at 65 and 70. Unless I was pulling a box with a load that I knew might be able to shift. Never came close to having any problem. One load that had long rolls of paper standing on end, down the middle of the trailer (which is now illegal) had me slowing down to 45 for the curves. But, generally, it was traffic that was holding me back.

What I have seen a number of times is a driver that does not check his mirror and swings out to pass someone in front of him. If this driver was coming alongside another truck that swung into the left lane to pass, where was he going to go?

With the number of times I've been through there, and the things I've seen happen there, I am not going to be quite so quick to condemn this driver for losing it. As I stated before, there had to be something we do not know about.

Combine those curves with another driver's misdeeds, and it becomes a deadly combination.