User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2010, 10:34 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

My image....

Picture me RETIRED, working on small engines to keep busy.

(Installing those new "vocational CAT 24 cylinder engines" into push-type lawn mowers)

:clap::clap::clap::lol2::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumb sup:

Old 02-11-2010, 01:19 AM
Senior Board Member
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379 View Post
I agree GMAN.

Of all the stupid laws they come up with now, they should pass a law against not taking care of yourself. I've never understood why anyone would not want to clean themselves. There's no reason for it. There are so many truck stops now days that has shower facilities. Go shower! and buy a stick of deodorant

It seems that 'common courtesy' has gone out the winder. Everyone is either in a hurry, or they don't care, or they are just rude!
As soon as we stop saying, 'sir and ma'am', the rest will follow.

Think about cowboys. Their image hasn't changed in 150 years. Why has ours changed so much? :hellno:

:smokin: I don't call ANYONE "Sir" or "Ma'am" anymore!! :lol: I'm either saying "Young Man" or "Young Lady".....regardless of their age!!

:lol2: :lol2:

And Jack.....That there last sentence left you wide open for a left hook and a chair across the back!!! Cowboys were infamous for NOT BATHING for weeks and months on end! :clap: :clap: So....the "Stinky Gang" would fit right in!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Old 02-11-2010, 01:41 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdswans View Post
Do you provide image make overs?

Big rig plows 7 cars

That certainly doesn't bode well for our collective image. I fail to understand why anyone would use meth or any other drugs for that matter, especially someone who holds a CDL.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:53 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
I figure that if someone doesn't like a particular thread that he should just ignore it or start one that is of interest to him.
Not until AFTER he's bitched about it on the CB for at least an hour, GMAN!!

:lol: :lol:
Old 02-11-2010, 10:46 AM
Senior Board Member

I love laughing at anybody dressed up as a 'cowboy'. Gotta love someone who dresses up as mythic figures. You dont see anybody dressed up in a viking outfit do you? the closest thing these 'cowboys' have ever come to a cow is when they take a wizz in an arby's.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:54 PM
Board Icon

You should get out more, Kevin.

Orange, that's a good point. Never thought about it. :hellno: :lol:

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 02-16-2010, 04:39 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin0915 View Post
I love laughing at anybody dressed up as a 'cowboy'. Gotta love someone who dresses up as mythic figures. You dont see anybody dressed up in a viking outfit do you? the closest thing these 'cowboys' have ever come to a cow is when they take a wizz in an arby's.
Where you from, boy?

There are areas in this country where you do not have to drive a truck in order to dress the part of a cowboy. Years ago, one of the places I delivered to, the owner and several of the employees were sporting 10-gallons and silver belt buckles that looked more like Roman Shields. They even had steel-toed cowboy boots. Did a double-take at a couple of the hard-hats that looked like western hats.

So, how do you know if the guys you're laughing at might be dressed just like everybody else back home? Think, maybe, you need to get out more?

Old 02-16-2010, 07:42 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
So, how do you know if the guys you're laughing at might be dressed just like everybody else back home? Think, maybe, you need to get out more?
I was thinking the same thing when I saw his post the other day. I just about fell out of the chair. I was hoping that he would reply, to explain what he meant. Did he refer to the guys that live in town that "dress up" as cowboys on the weekends when they bar hop? Or was he seriously saying that cowboys are a "thing of the past"? Maybe Kevin has never seen a rodeo. If he ever saw the Pitchfork Ranch, or W.T. Waggoner Ranch, or 6666 Ranch, he would think he was watching a western. Every once in a while, I'll see them trailing cattle in the afternoons when I'm passing through no-mans land (around Guthrie, Dickens Tx). Sometimes, they are strung out for a mile. It's really neat seeing the wagons, and all. Have you been to those "Ranch Round-ups", where they have chuck wagons, and they brand/work cattle with a fire and branding irons? That's not just a 'show', that's how they live and work. A lot of the big ranches, like the ones I mentioned live in the past (like it's 1880) but they are not a thing of the past.

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 02-16-2010, 08:07 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing when I saw his post the other day. I just about fell out of the chair. I was hoping that he would reply, to explain what he meant. Did he refer to the guys that live in town that "dress up" as cowboys on the weekends when they bar hop? Or was he seriously saying that cowboys are a "thing of the past"? Maybe Kevin has never seen a rodeo. If he ever saw the Pitchfork Ranch, or W.T. Waggoner Ranch, or 6666 Ranch, he would think he was watching a western. Every once in a while, I'll see them trailing cattle in the afternoons when I'm passing through no-mans land (around Guthrie, Dickens Tx). Sometimes, they are strung out for a mile. It's really neat seeing the wagons, and all. Have you been to those "Ranch Round-ups", where they have chuck wagons, and they brand/work cattle with a fire and branding irons? That's not just a 'show', that's how they live and work. A lot of the big ranches, like the ones I mentioned live in the past (like it's 1880) but they are not a thing of the past.
Or run up US-95 in NV. You're running through "open range". THE CATTLE AND HORSES HAVE THE RIGHT-OF-WAY. No joke. One driver that hit a horse had to pay for the horse and his own damage. Sure, they drive cars, pickups, and SUVs, but look inside, and you'll see about every style of cowboy hat made. If you see a truck driver from those areas, they wear what they are comfortable with.

Of course, if you find one dressed like that, with a New England Accent in his voice, I might have a smirk about that... Maybe.

Old 02-17-2010, 03:36 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:

:block: Oooooooooh!! Stop it! STaawp IT!!! You're making me homesick! :tears: :tears:

Oooooooh for the day's of burnt cowhide, sidestepping roping horses, angry Mama cows, bawling calves! :tears: :tears:

Cutting horns off with a hand saw. Cauterizing those wounds with a hot iron, when the cut was made wrong and blood started gushing! Castrating! Oooooooooooh the fun!

Ooooooooooooh! The mud, the blood....THE BEER!

Damn.....................If I only looked now, like I did back then! :tears: :tears: :tears:

I didn't know it, but every last one of them hay bales was good exercise! I just thought it was something that had to be done every frigging day, from the 23rd of October until the 3rd or 4th of June for 10 years !!!

Horses, bulls, barb wire, lodge pole pine! Now those were the days!

Of course...............the ranch was how I learned to drive a truck! Backing bull racks up to the loading-shute, was the first step to being a truck driver!

King ropes, Carhartt calf-skin gloves, Stetson hats, Levi's with the button fly and Tony Lama boots! Those were standard tools of the trade. (I wore a pair of oiled Nacona boots during branding time! I also had an oiled hat for when it was raining!!)
My saddle was handmade in Montrose Colorado! Drove all the way down there from Montana to get measured, then when it was finished, drove down to pick it up! That sucker is collecting dust in a barn up there right now! :tears: :tears: :tears: I miss the work...sometimes!