Old 02-01-2010, 08:34 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
this thread was never about truckers image...it was kevin doing some venting about...well..i dont know what about. he went from truckers images to going on strike to four wheelers not being treated like big trucks.
In other words, it was Kevin being Kevin. So? :roll:

Quote:
not sure where timberwolf went with it..but apparently it got him banned.
It was in line with what Prodigy did many moons ago. It was disgusting, it was stuff best left in his bedroom, and there is absolutely no place on this board for it. He’s been whining and crying about wanting to get banned and/or have his account deleted for several weeks now, but didn’t have the walnuts enough to just walk away as several people pointed out that he should. Typical…unable to think and do for himself, so he had to have someone make the decision for him. I did. Now his boy in office can happily lead him to the promised land by that ring in his nose and he doesn’t have to deal with any more of that horrible, evil, conservative mindset that many on this board have. :roll:

Quote:
but i do agree with him..this board aint what it used to be. lots of polotics and the same people saying the same stuff.
And yet, you’re still here. Imagine that.

I don’t know what gives with people and their “oh smurf, this board ain’t what it was like 4 years ago!”

Yeah? So what? You’re right…it isn’t what it was like 4 years ago. And that’s wrong in what way? The mood of a board, ANY board, swings with what is foremost in people’s minds at that moment. Years ago, CAD had different owners, with a different way of doing things and different topics of importance to different people. Today, the board is owned by IB, the board itself is very different, and so is the posting base. People come and go. Topics wax and wane. And yet, the board continues on. And 3 years from now, it’ll be another set of posters, likely still b!tching about politics. Why politics? Because that’s what has been on everyone’s mind for the last 18 months and will continue to be on everybody’s minds until the Chosen One has been voted off the island and the process begins on attempting to repair what he has likely irreparably damaged.

Again, so what?

If you don’t like a topic, don’t post. If you don’t like someone’s opinion of something, present a good and valid counter opinion if you want to be heard. If you don’t like a messageboard, go elsewhere. I’m not sure what’s so difficult about that. But it always amazes me that people get to a point where they don’t like a board and instead of walking away, the decide that they’re going to stay, but “under protest.” And then it’s all about how this board sucks and this poster sucks and this topic sucks. Is life that devoid of enjoyment that the only bit that can be salvaged is berating the board?

:roll:

Really, I don’t get it. But I’ll make sure I get out my violin tonight and play a sad song for the demise of CAD, because everyone knows that by this time tomorrow, it’ll only be a memory.

Geez.

As far as the topic goes, my image is impeccable. I look exactly like my avatar.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:54 PM
Senior Board Member
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer View Post

If you don’t like a topic, don’t post. If you don’t like someone’s opinion of something, present a good and valid counter opinion if you want to be heard. If you don’t like a messageboard, go elsewhere. I’m not sure what’s so difficult about that. But it always amazes me that people get to a point where they don’t like a board and instead of walking away, the decide that they’re going to stay, but “under protest.” And then it’s all about how this board sucks and this poster sucks and this topic sucks. Is life that devoid of enjoyment that the only bit that can be salvaged is berating the board?

:roll:

Shouldn't that be part of an introduction sticky or something like that? Pretty decent...and blunt....explanation.

Really, I don’t get it. But I’ll make sure I get out my violin tonight and play a sad song for the demise of CAD, because everyone knows that by this time tomorrow, it’ll only be a memory.

Geez.

As far as the topic goes, my image is impeccable. I look exactly like my avatar.

:bigthink:

So.......On top of walking around on tree limbs upside down, in the dark and spending your day's hanging around dank and musty caves......You do the "Alex Cross...KISS THE GIRLS" bit too...complete with violin music?

:bigclap:
Old 02-01-2010, 10:20 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd112488 View Post
this thread was never about truckers image...it was kevin doing some venting about...well..i dont know what about. he went from truckers images to going on strike to four wheelers not being treated like big trucks. not sure where timberwolf went with it..but apparently it got him banned. but i do agree with him..this board aint what it used to be. lots of polotics and the same people saying the same stuff.
Wolf totally lost my respect, and I read everything he had to say, as well as I was probably one of many who red flagged it, for immediate moderator attention. :roll:

I am also irritated by this lame assesment of the regulars here who are the backbone of this message board. That was this crybaby's main beef, and he was offered allot of leniency. :moon:

As far as this topic goes, my image is always under reveiw.

Old 02-02-2010, 02:15 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I figure that if someone doesn't like a particular thread that he should just ignore it or start one that is of interest to him. Anyone if free to start a thread as they wish.

As far as image is concerned, I would like to see our image cleaned up. We have always had some who didn't care about themselves or their appearance. We never had urine bottles or bags when I first started driving. If we had to go take care of personal business, we pulled over, got out of the truck and did what we had to do.

I think that technology has had a lot to do with the demise of our image. Some people would rather send a text message than make a telephone call. Some would prefer playing video games to having a good conversation with a fellow driver or read a book. Technology has made this a less personable business.

Drivers used to pull over so that cars could pass. Today, many 4 wheelers won't wait that long. They will pass on a hill, double line or when it is convenient. I had a 4 wheeler pass me the other day on a double yellow line. Even though I slowed down he still ran another car off the road that was coming the other way. Had the other car not moved off the road they would have had a head on and the three of us would likely have been involved in an accident and someone would have gotten killed or seriously hurt.

We cannot control what others do, but we do have control over ourselves and our actions. When another driver does something that you find offensive perhaps it is time to say something to him. It doesn't have to be said in a negative manner, but sometimes just bringing something to someone's attention is all that it takes. We could begin by shaving every day. They do make electric travel razors. We could use baby wipes to freshen up a bit. All it takes is a little extra time to make ourselves look and appear neater. Rather than throwing trash and urine bottles on the side of the road or in a parking lot for someone else to clean up we could keep a bag in the truck and throw it away at a rest area or when we fuel or stop. It doesn't take much to change another's perception.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:58 PM
Board Icon

I agree GMAN.

Of all the stupid laws they come up with now, they should pass a law against not taking care of yourself. I've never understood why anyone would not want to clean themselves. There's no reason for it. There are so many truck stops now days that has shower facilities. Go shower! and buy a stick of deodorant

It seems that 'common courtesy' has gone out the winder. Everyone is either in a hurry, or they don't care, or they are just rude!
As soon as we stop saying, 'sir and ma'am', the rest will follow.

Think about cowboys. Their image hasn't changed in 150 years. Why has ours changed so much? :hellno:

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 02-03-2010, 03:23 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
As far as image is concerned . .
Do you provide image make overs?

Big rig plows 7 cars
Old 02-03-2010, 09:30 PM
Senior Board Member

so when we going to strike?

just sitting here at CostCo in norther Indianapolis, and heard a driver on the radio telling a swifty "better get out of that lane..will be a big fine". Naturally i get on, and tell him not to worry about it, cause its his ticket, not yours. =) hee haw
Old 02-09-2010, 07:55 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin0915 View Post
so when we going to strike?

just sitting here at CostCo in norther Indianapolis, and heard a driver on the radio telling a swifty "better get out of that lane..will be a big fine". Naturally i get on, and tell him not to worry about it, cause its his ticket, not yours. =) hee haw
Another driver pointing out a lane restriction trying to save another driver who may not be familiar with the area and local laws from a ticket, and your 2 cents saved the world.

My image is gangsta. I have loud bass booming from my truck and big secksy CB antennas
Old 02-09-2010, 11:30 AM

My image HMMMM I keep to myself The cb stays turned down unless I think I need it IE bad weather traffic and so on. And the XM stays turned up. Oh yea and I tend to make people mad in bad weather IE heavy snow slick conditions by going to slow. But then again I have never wrecked in 25 years because of this either.