User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2010, 09:26 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

@ Fredog .. years ago when PrePass first came out.. I had a pamplet with listed which ones were Ok to bypass with placards.. but can't find it now..

Looking for an online resource now, but so far just the PrePass site gives this information:

Like Arkansas: not permitted to bypass with oversize/overweight ( even with a permit), and placarded hazmat or haz waste.

Arkansas

Alabama restricts: Livestock, Bulk Fuel, Agri & oversize/overweight(even with a permit)
http://www.prepass.com/services/prep...onAlabama.aspx

What you Know... they've have gotten it down to only 2 states: Arizona & Arkansas where you can't bypass(prepass) with hazmat. Plus, Ohio & West Virginia requires you to have their State issued Hazmat permit-- you can't PrePass unless you have their permit in your Permit book.

Of course, last time I checked-- bulk fuel usually required Placards so can you include a couple "special" cases there.

Last edited by headborg; 01-12-2010 at 09:39 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:28 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379 View Post
How do the coops know if you are hauling HAZMAT?

LOL.......Some LEO's actually look at the DOT information. The outfit I am with...that Mike3 & Maniac are with....that Fredog is with...and the Superior guys.....their DOT# profiles say, authorized to haul chemicals, Hazardous and Non-hazardous.

In the 2+ years that I have been with Miller, I have asked more than a few coop attendants what I need to do, regarding Pre-pass and Haz-Mat. What I posted earlier is what I have been told.

I have 30 years of paperwork handling, as regards haz-mat. Not one ticket in all those years, because I paid attention when I was in training. I know a couple guys whom failed to fill out haz-mat forms properly and were fined up the wazoo for it. One guy paid a $3,500 fine and got 3 days in jail. The judge was going to put him in for 30, but the company lawyer got him (the judge) to calm down. The company paid Mark his 3 days in jail...and fixed the printers for the BOL system!
Old 01-13-2010, 07:56 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentstrider View Post
I'm guessing if your placards are properly displayed for all to see, or if you get randomly pulled in.

Other than that, it seems very easy to slip by if you had the nerve to do so.
Oh yeah. The placards. Duh!
I don't know why, but I didn't think about the placards.

http://watsonsysco.com/