User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2010, 02:07 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
The shooter has been found. It was a 17 year old boy who has been in quite a bit of trouble. Not many details have been released, but he lived in the subdivision where the shots were fired. He has also been charged with theft of weapons at a gun store and some other thefts.
Post the link, will ya!
Old 01-16-2010, 03:37 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirdrfd View Post
Gman, what does a killer look like? What does his neighborhood have to do with anything? I didn't expect a comment like that from you...
I don't think that was a bad comment.
I believe GMAN had a good point.
Most gangs come from the inner-city neighborhoods. Most are from broken homes. A lot of them, their parent(s) are in prison. Very seldom, do you see suspects from a well loved, well functionally ran home.

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 01-16-2010, 12:18 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdswans View Post
Post the link, will ya!

Try this http://www.newschannel9/news/arreste...dentified.html
Old 01-16-2010, 02:04 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379 View Post
I don't think that was a bad comment.
I believe GMAN had a good point.
Most gangs come from the inner-city neighborhoods. Most are from broken homes. A lot of them, their parent(s) are in prison. Very seldom, do you see suspects from a well loved, well functionally ran home.
You're right, MOST gangs come from inner-city neighborhoods, but there are plenty of gangs in the country areas too that most people either don't know about or are in denial about. just because somebody is clean cut doesn't mean he or she won't stick a knife in you or shoot you in the head. On the other hand just because somebody was raised in the inner-city and has long hair, tattoos, and body piercings doesn't make them a bad or dangerous person.. Think about were most of the meth labs are,,,,,,,, out in the country. Talk about people that will kill ya in a heart beat. I just have a problem when people say things like "he didn't look like the type"..... I understand what gman was saying and i catch myself saying things like that at times also, But i try to stop myself from categorizing people just by the way they look or dress... I'm just trying to say that you never know who is the bad guy and who is the good guy just by were they live or what they look like. I'll stop now...
Old 01-16-2010, 02:30 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:
You're right, MOST gangs come from inner-city neighborhoods, but there are plenty of gangs in the country areas too that most people either don't know about or are in denial about. just because somebody is clean cut doesn't mean he or she won't stick a knife in you or shoot you in the head. On the other hand just because somebody was raised in the inner-city and has long hair, tattoos, and body piercings doesn't make them a bad or dangerous person.. Think about were most of the meth labs are,,,,,,,, out in the country. Talk about people that will kill ya in a heart beat. I just have a problem when people say things like "he didn't look like the type"..... I understand what gman was saying and i catch myself saying things like that at times also, But i try to stop myself from categorizing people just by the way they look or dress... I'm just trying to say that you never know who is the bad guy and who is the good guy just by were they live or what they look like. I'll stop now...

I think that we are talking about two different groups. We have a lot of meth labs around this area. Most of them seem to be individuals who make their drugs at home. I am sure that they have people who buy them for distribution, but I am not sure that they are gang members. My brother in law has rental property and one of his tenants had a meth lab in his house. It was evidently just his tenant and family who were making the drugs. They got busted and left my brother in law with a $10,000 clean up for the meth that permeated the house. I have no idea what these people looked like or how they dressed.

I think that we all make determinations by the way people look or dress. If people have body piercings and dress with their pants hanging down to their knees then we make assumptions about that individual. If someone is clean cut with no body piercings then we also make assumptions about them.

Tattoo's have made it into the mainstream in recent years, but I think that some people still have assumptions about those who wear tattoo's. It was rare to see people with tattoo's when I grew up. Most of those who did have them either got them while in the military or as gang members. Motorcycle gangs were notorious for having tattoo's. That has changed in the last several years. You now see women with tattoo's on their ankles and other parts of their bodies. I see a lot of other people with tattoo's. Personally, I have never seen the attraction of piercing my body or tattoo's. To each their own.

I think that you can tell a lot about someone by the way that they look, dress and handle themselves. But, I don't necessarily think that just because someone has tattoo's or long hair that they are bad people. Nor do I think that just because someone is clean cut that they are always good. You can tell something about a person's character by looking into their eyes. The eyes don't lie.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:47 PM
Senior Board Member

" The eyes don't lie" I couldn't agree with ya more........
Old 01-16-2010, 05:18 PM
Rookie

Quote:
" The eyes don't lie" I couldn't agree with ya more........
Don't bet on it. A good liar can blow right past you. Putin (Russia) did it to Bush and FDR's ability to lie convincingly is legendary and well documented in "When Presidents Lie".

Children loved Adolph Hitler. Called him "Uncle Adolph".

The best liars are true performers; they will lie and make it sound like the truth and then tell the truth and make it sound like a lie. That way when you check out their "lie" you will find out that they are truthful after all. We have person like that in our family.

I say go with your gut, though. It's really our best tool.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:57 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Keep your head low in northern Idaho . .

TBO.com - News From AP

. . after receiving at least 20 reports of vehicles being hit by shots fired Friday on rural State Highway 8 . . The sheriff's office said no one was hurt and a majority of the vehicles hit were tractor-trailer rigs . .

I need to come clean. I once hit a trailer (van) with a golf ball. It was a 5 or 6 iron over a neighbors house and big tree. It was an excellent (lucky) shot but I felt kind of guilty, afterwards. I was young and I never did it again. I've owned guns, in the past. Shooting at trucks never occurred to me. Should these kids be charged with a more serious crime?
Old 01-26-2010, 09:46 AM
Board Icon

Having been thru the sniper shootings in this area my opinion might be skewed a tiny bit but I think they should be facing more serious charges.