User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2010, 05:12 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379 View Post
That's exactly right. All those Verizon commercials are full of beans.
I'd like to see Verizon's service on highway 82 in west Texas
I had decent service with my Verizon most of the way home friday. Lost signal a couple times around Hico, but was good for the majority of the trip. Of course...that was on US84 and TX6.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:24 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokk View Post
I went with the Motorola Droid.
Its quite awesome and I haven't touched my laptop since.
so far the turn by turn navigation. Has not failed me yet.
Exactly what I'm planning on getting with my New Every 2 upgrade this summer. I've heard nothing but good reviews on this phone.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:45 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
I had decent service with my Verizon most of the way home friday. Lost signal a couple times around Hico, but was good for the majority of the trip. Of course...that was on US84 and TX6.
They may have improved. One of the guys I work with used to have Verizon. He couldn't get a good signal for very long in northwest Texas, along hwy 82, out in no-mans land.

You mentioned hwy 6... I thought, "Hey! I know where that is." Hwy 6 runs north/south through Benjamin and up to Quanah. (north Tx) I tried to put hwy 84 and hwy 6 together. I thought, "Where in the world do they intersect?" (because 84 is down south, once it hits I-20) I looked it up, and I didn't realize that hwy 6 runs from the Red River, plumb down to the Gulf. I had no idea. :eek2: When you mentioned 'hwy 6', I thought you were in 'my neck of the woods'.
Texas State Highway 6 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 02-15-2010, 05:03 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379 View Post
They may have improved. One of the guys I work with used to have Verizon. He couldn't get a good signal for very long in northwest Texas, along hwy 82, out in no-mans land.

You mentioned hwy 6... I thought, "Hey! I know where that is." Hwy 6 runs north/south through Benjamin and up to Quanah. (north Tx) I tried to put hwy 84 and hwy 6 together. I thought, "Where in the world do they intersect?" (because 84 is down south, once it hits I-20) I looked it up, and I didn't realize that hwy 6 runs from the Red River, plumb down to the Gulf. I had no idea. :eek2: When you mentioned 'hwy 6', I thought you were in 'my neck of the woods'.
Texas State Highway 6 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LOL....I was taking the "Scenic" :love: route home, after my delivery in West TX friday! There are so many ways you can drive from there...to here! Might as well see some different scenery from time to time!

Saw a couple decent little farms for sale along Hiway 6! Wouldn't mind either one of them for a "homestead"! :love: :love: :love:

But man....what is with you "Northerners" and snow? There be some scarey people on those back roads! :eek2: :eek2:
Old 02-15-2010, 07:47 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
But man....what is with you "Northerners" and snow? There be some scarey people on those back roads! :eek2: :eek2:
I have no idea!! :eek2:
Since Christmas, we've had snow/ice every week. I've never seen anything like it. We have rain in the forecase again for this Thursday/Friday, but it's not supposed to freeze. That's what they said this last week, and we got 6 inches (snow) last Thursday.
This is an unreal winter this year. The good thing, it gets up in the 50's right after it snows, so it's melted in a day or 2, but I don't remember getting this much snow.

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 03-03-2015, 01:24 AM
Rookie

Samsung GS 4 or an Apple 4 will do all that.